Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Chemical Explosion in Jacksonville
Posted 2007-12-19, 12:32 PM
Well damn, i'm at work and this shit just happened.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/b...?storyid=98412

it's also being featured on CNN right now..

This is crazy... they're saying it's a power plant (chemical) owned by the local power source down here (JEA Jacksonville Energy association?) or something.

Update* It's not the JEA plant, it's another chemical plant that is in association with them, but not their actual plant?

Just venting really, everyone's freaking out at work. Sweet, so now I have a reason not to keep busy

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]

Last edited by D3V; 2007-12-19 at 12:52 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-12-19, 12:51 PM in reply to D3V's post "Chemical Explosion in Jacksonville"
I hope it contaminates your neighborhood.

Sucks for the rest of people living there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-12-19, 01:06 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I hope it contaminates your..."
Quote:
(CNN) -- An explosion Wednesday at a chemical plant shook windows, rattled doors and sent a thick plume of smoke over a section of Jacksonville.

Police have cordoned off the entire area near Faye Road, closed off highway exits to the site and set about evacuating office workers from the industrial section of the city where the explosion occurred, said WTLV-TV reporter Grayson Kamm. At least 15 fire trucks were at the scene.

A spokesman for JEA, a Jacksonville power company, said it has a power generating plant across the street and was evacuating all nonessential employees from the building.

Carlton Higginbotham, 63, was at home on Townsend Boulevard in Jacksonville working when a loud boom shook his entire house, he said.

"It was a gunshot-type explosion; it wasn't a rumble," he said.

The insurance salesman and his neighbor ran outside and noticed a thick plume of smoke billowing up on the other side of the St. John's River that separates his neighborhood from the site of the blast.

"The cloud that came out of it was white, some would say mushroom-shaped," Higginbotham said. "It was followed by dark, dark smoke."
Interesting, they still don't have much of updates, they say now 4 people sent to the hospital as of yet, and the hazmat crew haven't determined if the chemicals that everybody can smoke are toxic or not....

*Update: atleast 2 dead assumed by CNN...

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]

Last edited by D3V; 2007-12-19 at 01:19 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-12-19, 01:13 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Interesting, they still don't have much..."
Could've used the edit button. Your second post in this thread was unneeded. You're the one complaining about rules to begin with.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-12-19, 01:15 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Could've used the edit button. Your..."
Don't spam in my thread please, the rules are okay and I am following them, it is concluded that there is no need for change so as long as they are abided everything is happy-go-lucky.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-12-19, 01:53 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Could've used the edit button. Your..."
HandOfHeaven said:
Could've used the edit button. Your second post in this thread was unneeded. You're the one complaining about rules to begin with.
Wow. Would you grow the fuck up? Man, today you're coming off as a whiny bitch with a severe case of PMS.

Anyway, it looks as if the air isn't going to be considered 'toxic' - what that plant is producing doesn't look too harmful. Pretty crazy stuff, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-12-19, 03:12 PM in reply to D3V's post "Chemical Explosion in Jacksonville"
Dear. God. I. Am. Not. A. Religious. Man. But. Please. Let. This. Kill. D3v.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-12-20, 06:12 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Dear. God. I. Am. Not. A. Religious...."
Grаν¡tоnЅurgе said:
Dear. God. I. Am. Not. A. Religious. Man. But. Please. Let. This. Kill. D3v.
Wouldn't count on it, i'd be more inclined to think all of that fast food you consume on an hourly basis is more dangerous, turns out the chemicals emitted into the air isn't toxic and can't do any harm to you....

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-12-20, 11:58 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Wouldn't count on it, i'd be more..."
pictures from the Destruction.
courtesy:Jacksonville.com

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-12-20, 12:59 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "pictures from the Destruction. ..."
I venture to say if you stood in close proximity and down wind you'd die from the sheer volume of smoke. I guess Grav can hope you live next door .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-12-21, 08:55 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Wouldn't count on it, i'd be more..."
D3V said:
Wouldn't count on it, i'd be more inclined to think all of that fast food you consume on an hourly basis is more dangerous, turns out the chemicals emitted into the air isn't toxic and can't do any harm to you....
I'm curious as to why you keep assuming that Grav is both fat and an unhealthy eater. While that was true years ago, I'm not so sure it is still. From what he has told me and from what I've seen him post (going off of memory) he eats a lot healthier than me and probably healthier than anyone else here.

I could be completely wrong, just my 2 cents.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-12-21, 09:59 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm curious as to why you keep assuming..."
Damn that shit's crazy
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-12-22, 12:14 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Wouldn't count on it, i'd be more..."
D3V said:
turns out the chemicals emitted into the air isn't toxic and can't do any harm to you....
...or give you totally sweet super powers.

Seriously, though, that's some fucked up shit. Wouldn't want that happening in my neighborhood.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller