Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

is halo over-rated
Posted 2004-04-01, 08:53 AM
i love halo on multiplayer but its overrated anyways im not a fan of sci-fi shooting games i perfer games with real military combat not "combat evolved"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
xboxfan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenxboxfan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

xboxfan

Posted 2004-04-01, 11:17 AM in reply to xboxfan's post "is halo over-rated"
It's definitely overrated. Far from garbage, but it makes a pretty average game for PC.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2004-04-01, 11:35 AM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting "It's definitely overrated. Far from..."
Well, being as this is in the XBox Forum, I'm going to have to say that I don't think it is overrated what-so-ever. It is a great game, has great replay value, great multiplayer options, and is smoother than any FPS I've ever played. The game has it all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-04-01, 12:51 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Well, being as this is in the XBox..."
well i agree im just tired of everyone obsesing over this game there are other great games out like splintercell and in may i beleive operationflashpoint and ive heard rumors of battlefeild 1942 coming out for xbox those are some real combat games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
xboxfan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenxboxfan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

xboxfan

Posted 2004-04-01, 02:39 PM in reply to xboxfan's post "is halo over-rated"
i dun like it that much, the only think i love about halo is that it brought me Red VS Blue
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-04-01, 02:41 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "i dun like it that much, the only think..."
NOOO! Halo is the best game for XBOX, and perhaps the best FPS ever. Hopefully Halo 2 will be even better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-04-01, 02:46 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "NOOO! Halo is the best game for XBOX,..."
Quote:
Halo is the best game for XBOX, and perhaps the best FPS ever
Dont get me started......NOTHING, i repeat NOTHING beats goldeneye and perfect dark as coholders of teh "Best FPS award" Graphics dont mean shit to me, its gameplay and sotryline, and there is nothing that beats goldeneye or Perfect dark, ESPEICALLY not halo.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-04-01, 02:52 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Dont get me started......NOTHING, i..."
Sovereign said:
Dont get me started......NOTHING, i repeat NOTHING beats goldeneye and perfect dark as coholders of teh "Best FPS award" Graphics dont mean shit to me, its gameplay and sotryline, and there is nothing that beats goldeneye or Perfect dark, ESPEICALLY not halo.
I like Halo better than both, although most people will proabably agree with you on goldeneye. Graphics mean a lot to me. Halo kicks ass at that. I just have more fun on Halo, even on single player, than I ever did with Perfect Dark or Goldeneye.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-04-01, 02:55 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Dont get me started......NOTHING, i..."
thats what i mean "halo this halo that halo 2 is gonna be the best game ever" im tired of these fanboys. goldeneye was a great game and still is i play it all the time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

xboxfan

Posted 2004-04-01, 02:56 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I like Halo better than both, although..."
Halo is kinda boring IMO, but it kept me busy for about an hour.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-04-01, 03:45 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Halo is kinda boring IMO, but it kept..."
Agreed. The Singleplayer is fun for a while but the real gold is in multiplayer and it isn't even all that great given the better options out there.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-04-01, 07:59 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "Agreed. The Singleplayer is fun for a..."
yea, Halo is the funnest when it is atleast 4 on 4. That is the bomb, but otherwise, it gets boring fast.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-04-02, 01:57 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "Agreed. The Singleplayer is fun for a..."
What better options out there? There is no other FPS that has even come close to the level of enjoyment that HALO provides. If you mean, just other games in general, of course there are others out there. But granted that HALO is like 3 years old and I'm still playing it, that shows a lot.

It all comes down to opinion though. You think one thing, I think another. HALO is unsurpassed in so many aspects for that gaming genre, that I don't think it could possibly be overrated.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-04-02, 02:56 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Dont get me started......NOTHING, i..."
goldeneye wasnt that great, I would say that is more overratted than Halo...

I love halo... I have had it since it came out and I am still playing it and having massive lan parties
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2004-04-02, 04:17 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "goldeneye wasnt that great, I would say..."
I completely agree. Goldeneye was awesome because it basically revolutionized multiplayer action for consoles, but HALO basically perfected it, on steroids.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-04-23, 06:18 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I completely agree. Goldeneye was..."
There is one big sucky ass problem with halo that separates it from other games like it that dont have this major flaw. On the console version of halo in multi-player you spawn RANDOMLEY throughout the map. Whenever me and my friends play halo on bloodgulch we always spawn in the middle or right next to a ghost with somebody in it ready to run us over. It's fucking gay, that needs to be fixed. Oh and Titus Im a big halo buff and all but dun ever try to compare it with the supreme being of all it's genre, GoldenEye.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth

Last edited by zagggon; 2004-04-23 at 06:21 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-04-23, 06:29 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "There is one big sucky ass problem with..."
I finally got around to playing some multiplayer(4v4) and it was TOTALLY better than campaign. It was actually entertaining.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-04-23, 09:16 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "There is one big sucky ass problem with..."
Yeah, you're right, there is no comparison. HALO is much better than Golden Eye will ever and has ever been.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-04-24, 07:59 AM in reply to zagggon's post starting "There is one big sucky ass problem with..."
Zaggon, wtf are you talking about? You don't spawn in the middle of Blood Gulch. The only place you respawn is next to/on top of the bases. You never once spawn in the middle of the field. Ever.

Anyways, Halo is NOT overrated. It is the best FPS that I have played. Maybe you guys don't like it that much because you haven't perfected your playing. Me + my friends are the best in our town. People keep challenging us but we keep knocking them down. We're going to go to a LAN center and whoop up on some people.

Halo rules.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-04-24, 08:35 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Zaggon, wtf are you talking about? You..."
When you do hook up, you gotta let me know what server you'll be on, and it will be a matter of minutes for me to get it hooked up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied