Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post Mortal Kombat V
Posted 2003-06-13, 02:46 PM
Deadly Alliance was a true example of what the PS2 can do to old fighting games. The way you can fight in two different styles of martial arts and then you can use a weapon. Just the best. My favorite things about the game were

Most chosen side-evil
Favorite character-Shang Tsung, Mavado
favorite arena-Shang Tsung's Palacce
The Krypt-interesting but to hard
extras-the music video and MK History were great additions.
OVERALL-8 out of 10

I hesitate to say it was better than Tekken 4, but it was a great game. The new Sub-Zero and Shang Tsung were so bad ass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-06-13, 03:23 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Mortal Kombat V"
I didn't like it. Call me old school, but these uber graphics and unique styles don't impress me. The game was missing something. I liked the original Mortal Kombats a hella lot, but these new innovations just aren't fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-06-13, 03:40 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Mortal Kombat V"
The fatalities dissapointed me. They looked so much more bad ass in the old school graphics.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-06-13, 07:46 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Mortal Kombat V"
Its the best.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-06-13, 08:07 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Mortal Kombat V"
Don't double post, Kuja. Thank you.

As a side note, this game was pretty bad-ass, but I liked the old mortal kombats better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2003-06-13, 08:15 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Mortal Kombat V"
Agreed.

Sorry.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-06-15, 11:09 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Mortal Kombat V"
is it good enough to buy or just rent a few times?
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-06-16, 08:20 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Mortal Kombat V"
Try renting and see what you think. I'm gonna buy it now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-06-16, 10:27 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Mortal Kombat V"
Mortal Kombat Trillogy for the '64 was better.

Anyhow, Tekken 4 pwns MK DA, and Killer Instinct Gold ownz em all.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-06-16, 12:47 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Mortal Kombat V"
Uh huh. And the Sega CD owns the PS2. HAHAHAHAHA
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-06-16, 01:34 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Mortal Kombat V"
Um.. ya.. see, the difference in my post and your post is that mine was insightful and accurate. Yours was stupid, wrong, and.. hrm... stupid.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-06-16, 01:44 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Mortal Kombat V"
Your right Bob, Killer Instinct did own.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-06-16, 04:17 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Mortal Kombat V"
Who's Bob talking to?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-06-16, 04:32 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Mortal Kombat V"
Bob is talking to the person who posted previous to him. It doesn't take a rocket scientiest to figure that out.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-06-16, 05:42 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Mortal Kombat V"
It does when your me!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-06-16, 10:21 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Mortal Kombat V"
"It does when your me."

Obviously... but that wasn't my point in the first place...
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-06-19, 11:10 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Mortal Kombat V"
is killer instinct like mortal combat v?
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-07-11, 10:43 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Mortal Kombat V"
kuja´s #1 said:
Deadly Alliance was a true example of what the PS2 can do to old fighting games.....
I hesitate to say it was better than Tekken 4, but it was a great game. The new Sub-Zero and Shang Tsung were so bad ass.
i haven't even played that game yet, but since you said it was good i guess i'll buy the darn game

uncapped said:
I didn't like it. Call me old school, but these uber graphics and unique styles don't impress me. The game was missing something. I liked the original Mortal Kombats a hella lot, but these new innovations just aren't fun.
i must have to agree with that, remember the in the first mk2 with sub zero you can rip the freakin head off your opponent with the spinal cord still attatched, then the body actually falls to the floor??? dude, we played that game forever, then in mk2 with all those fatalities and stage fatalities and stuff, i gots to say that is the only game that i will be buying as the actual arcade!! then when thay went to mk3, looks as if thay didn't put that much time on the fatalities, (look at smokes fatality, blowing up the world?? what the hell was that??) at least thay came up with the brutality which i liked a lot, you have to press all 10+ buttons correctly or it won't work, its tight ass even with that upercut finish, then came mk4, what the mut was that??

Last edited by J_iceman; 2003-07-11 at 10:45 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman

Posted 2003-07-12, 09:54 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Mortal Kombat V"
It sucked cosmic donkey balls.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ViciousMilitia is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenViciousMilitia is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ViciousMilitia

Posted 2003-08-06, 08:45 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Mortal Kombat V"
Wow...cosmic donkey balls..never heard of that..lol
Life is like a box of chocolates.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Bounty_hunter7 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBounty_hunter7 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Bounty_hunter7