Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

BeeTorrent Announcement
Posted 2005-10-16, 06:01 PM
I am going to start programming a BitTorrent client in C pretty soon, and it's gonna kick some ass I think. It's going to be called BeeTorrent (the mascot will be a buzzing bee...because I said so), and the premise behind it is that I'm not going to be Captain Morality about it like every other retarded BT client developer out there. It's going to be designed with options to get your file to you as fast as possible. Things like client id spoofing and lax seeding options will be there, as well as the most efficient downloading algorithms I can muster. The client will be open sourced right here on Zelaron (god knows I ain't paying for a sourceforge subscription), and will be primarily for Windows, with a possible Linux client. All suggestions are welcome, but what I may need is someone to come up with a logo. I don't need help with programming, but you may look at the source as it is posted and offer your own source and suggestions, and credit will be given where it's due. All of what is done will be kept perfectly legal.

That's it...expect some source files posted to this thread soon, a working bare console client eventually, and a GUI someday.

Current code download: attached
Attached Files
File Type: zip btklib-20051130.zip (20.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: zip 20051223.zip (27.4 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Mantralord; 2005-12-23 at 07:26 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-10-16, 07:54 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "BeeTorrent Announcement"
Just dont make a 'gay theme' gui, anyways you got my full support.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-10-16, 09:14 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Just dont make a 'gay theme' gui,..."
Code for today uploaded.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-10-16, 09:19 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "Code for today uploaded."
I remeber Whytespy.....it was awesome....too bad u never gave me anymore scripts lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2005-10-16, 10:51 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "BeeTorrent Announcement"
But now, won't they just ban your client from the trackers, if you do that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2005-10-17, 12:07 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "But now, won't they just ban your..."
Option for client spoofing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2005-10-18, 01:52 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "Option for client spoofing."
New code uploaded.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2005-10-18, 08:17 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "New code uploaded."
I'm going to have to check this out some time. I'll let you know what I think after I learn more about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-10-19, 06:32 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I'm going to have to check this out..."
New code.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2005-10-20, 11:12 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "BeeTorrent Announcement"
Holy shit, you rock, take me now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2005-10-20, 11:43 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Holy shit, you rock, take me now."
Randuin said:
Holy shit, you rock, take me now.
kk i giev crazy azn secks ^=^

New Code.

The bencode decoder is pretty much complete, and in main.c there's an example of all the horrible horrible code needed to hash and verify a torrent. But it's pretty fast...I hashed a 650 mb linux ISO in 25 seconds. Take a look at the insanity <3
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2005-10-21, 01:35 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "kk i giev crazy azn secks ^=^ New..."
You should include a compiled version for us lazy faggots.

EDIT: Give me a UI
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2005-10-21, 07:26 AM in reply to Randuin's post starting "You should include a compiled version..."
Yeh.....compile it and give UI...whats this DOS nonsense?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2005-10-21, 11:01 AM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "Yeh.....compile it and give UI...whats..."
I can understand that's it's easier but....yea
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2005-10-22, 08:12 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "I can understand that's it's easier..."
It's a console program, not a "DOS program.'

New code...this will probably be the last update before my power goes out due to the hurricane.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2005-10-22, 09:02 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "It's a console program, not a "DOS..."
So who wants to explain to me how to run this thing?

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-11-06, 12:57 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "So who wants to explain to me how to..."
i wrote a little bit of code, uploaded

also, i think it will compile on linux with "gcc -o beetorrent -lpthread main.c"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2005-11-06, 08:40 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "i wrote a little bit of code, uploaded..."
what parameters does it take in?

Oh yea, make the GUI in Qt, so only us leet QTs wil be able to use it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2005-11-06, 04:25 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "what parameters does it take in? Oh..."
It doesn't do anything yet, I'm just building up the framework for it. Well, it can hash a torrent but thats about it. But I'm pretty close now to making it actually do shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2005-11-06, 11:18 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "It doesn't do anything yet, I'm just..."
Pro, remember, GTK or Qt libraries for GUI
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin