Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Rainbow Six Vegas PC
Posted 2007-01-30, 04:00 PM
Anyone else play? I downloaded it to play it on a LAN with my friend, and we ended up having so much fun and also wanted the Character Customization option from online that we ended up buying it. Been playing it LAN still for two weeks and its been awesome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2007-01-30, 04:04 PM in reply to Acer's post "Rainbow Six Vegas PC"
I've heard lots of good things about it, but I'm not much of a PC gamer so I won't get it for the PC.

How much different to the other Rainbow Six titles is it? I've played a couple of friends houses, and have the original Ghost Recon installed in case if I ever get bored.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-30, 06:29 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I've heard lots of good things about..."
I've mainly played Raven Shield, but this game is def a lot better. A lot of more features, like the repel/fast rope ability and able to swing into windows. The cover ability is awesome, really puts more into strategy because you can sit there and cover behind something against an enemy and pop out and have an advantage but lets say they are doing it too, how vulnerable are you if they were to throw a frag. The thing I love most about the game is the AI, the bots are really intelligent, more so than any other game I played. As you cover they will too, and the AI of your teammates is amazing too.

Me and my friend do a lot of coop terro hunt, and eventually will do coop story mode, but its a lot of fun planning ways to enter sections of a map and get the lease amount of resistance by quickly eliminating them.

The Character Customization is very nice, you can choose from lots of armor types. You have 10bars, either fill them with protection or movement by selecting your armor, and you can decide to wear armor on only the left part of your leg and arm like i do because when im standing up, my left is more forward and more vulnerable and i rather have more speed and sacrifise my right side. You also can change the camo type, and color scheme of your armor. It really helps make your character look unique. I've made a light armor assassin looking guy, more based on Splinter Cell, and my friend has gone with heavy armor and bright Orange(his choice lol).

Overall I can see this game being a great LAN game, and if you like making online teams, this is def something to look into. If I had time for clan/teams, I would love to get into that part of the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2007-01-31, 09:54 AM in reply to Acer's post starting "I've mainly played Raven Shield, but..."
Wow. That's a whole world away from GR, that's for sure.

Sounds like fun. If I don't pick it up for the PC then I think I might just pick it up for the PS3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny