Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which name do you like best?
Abyssion 5 17.86%
Deus Engine 6 21.43%
You can come up with something better! 13 46.43%
Sword Chucks 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2005-07-12, 08:21 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I'd think that a band name would..."
Vollstrecker said:
'Bastard Machine' strikes me as ludicrous.
How so? Like I said, it's not a great name, but I fail to see how it's ludicrous. What relevance does "Static-X" have to their sound or lyrics, beyond the fact that the singer changed his last name to match it?

Kaneda said:
You see the problem w/ all the names in this thread is non of them are catchy. In order to be catchy they should require either some intellect or humor.
Come up with something better, then.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-07-12, 10:22 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "How so? Like I said, it's not a great..."
Not meaning to insult it Raz, I meant that it doesn't really convey any meaning to me. It just feels like 2 words put together.

I'll think a bit about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2005-07-13, 10:33 AM in reply to Nothing's post starting "You can always call yourselves, "The..."
http://www.thebandwithnoname.com/

That's kinda close to "The Band Without a Name"...same idea.

They played at my school a couple of years ago...they weren't actually that bad...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-07-13, 03:50 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Not meaning to insult it Raz, I meant..."
No offense taken. I'm simply saying that it's rare to find a band name these days that actually means anything. "Mushroomhead" doesn't really mean anything, but it's a decent name for a pretty good band. Unless "Mudvayne" has some sort of inside-joke-value, that one is just gobbledygook, but it fits nonetheless.

It's tough coming up with a solid name for a band. I've been wracking my brain for months on this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-07-13, 06:35 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "No offense taken. I'm simply saying..."
i know a band named Shitcave....

So yeah i got nothin.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2005-07-13, 06:47 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "No offense taken. I'm simply saying..."
What's wrong with using your old bands name O_o.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-07-13, 07:15 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "What's wrong with using your old bands..."
It's technically copyrighted. Everything on that CD, music lyrics, song titles, photos and band name, is copyrighted material. On top of that, Wintermask was a different band with different members, just like BloodHaze (the other three members' previous band) was a different band with different members. It wouldn't feel right to go uing the titles of bands that we are no longer a part of.

And before anybody starts up with the obvious suggestions of "WinterHaze" or "BloodMask", I've already considered that and it's fucking stupid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-07-13, 08:30 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "It's technically copyrighted. ..."
What about "Undying Wrong"...I mean, I just came up with it, and I mean...I'm mantra for god's sake.

or "moonblood" or something
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-07-13, 09:24 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "How so? Like I said, it's not a great..."
bssuicidde
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-07-13, 10:01 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "http://www.thebandwithnoname.com/ ..."
Lenny said:
http://www.thebandwithnoname.com/

That's kinda close to "The Band Without a Name"...same idea.

They played at my school a couple of years ago...they weren't actually that bad...
Well I'll be damned.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nothing is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNothing is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nothing

Posted 2005-07-14, 01:32 AM in reply to Nothing's post starting "Well I'll be damned."
Hopefully.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-07-14, 03:51 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "No offense taken. I'm simply saying..."
Raziel said:
No offense taken. I'm simply saying that it's rare to find a band name these days that actually means anything. "Mushroomhead" doesn't really mean anything, but it's a decent name for a pretty good band. Unless "Mudvayne" has some sort of inside-joke-value, that one is just gobbledygook, but it fits nonetheless.
Meh. To me, they both convey a meaning.

I don't suppose you have an mp3 or two that could be used to get a feel for your style, and thus, a suitable name?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2005-07-14, 05:29 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Meh. To me, they both convey a..."
Nope, no mp3s. Just try to imagine Fear Factory/American Head Charge and then read my lyrics for an overall estimate. I have a tendency to write about really visceral stuff, with some nerdy videogame-homage thrown in occasionally.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-07-14, 07:05 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Nope, no mp3s. Just try to imagine..."
how about.... Nigger Jargon
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2005-07-15, 11:35 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Nope, no mp3s. Just try to imagine..."
I like #1 on the poll... mostly because I have no fucking idea what it is.

I also agree with the fact that a reference to wintermask could be stupid to lots of people...
I still want the wintermask CD tho

I, myself, have no name to come up with :-/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dr. Geekstar

Posted 2005-07-15, 04:17 PM in reply to Dr. Geekstar's post starting "I like #1 on the poll... mostly because..."
Geekstar said:
I still want the wintermask CD tho
Send me 15 bucks and you've got a deal.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-07-15, 04:35 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Send me 15 bucks and you've got a deal."
Once I have my own paypal account... I will!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dr. Geekstar