Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Question!
Posted 2005-07-15, 06:38 AM
Okay, so...

Did you ever notice that when you drop a piece of buttered bread, it always falls butter-side down. (It happens to me atleast)
And when a cat falls, it ALWAYS lands on its feet.

So, If you took a cat, tied a buttered piece of bread, butter-side up, and threw it off a 10 story building..... Which side would it land on?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2005-07-15, 06:42 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Question!"
On it's side.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2005-07-15, 08:10 AM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "On it's side."
It lands buttered side down because it usually begins buttered side up, and generally makes one flip on it's descent.

Experiments have proven that it actually prefers to land buttered side up when dropped from it's side, because the indendentation made by the buttering creates a contour shape in the bread.

Cats land on their feet cause they don't want to look like idiots.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2005-07-15, 08:13 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Question!"
Butter on bread = nts.
Cheese or Jam on bread = yts
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-07-15, 08:27 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Question!"
The cat would land on its feet because the cat actively moves its feet so they are pointing down; the bread just lands butter side down because its more heavy on one side. If a cat can already land light side down, a few extra ounces will mean didly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2005-07-15, 09:34 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "The cat would land on its feet because..."
Whereas if the cat weighed the same as the toast...or the toast is the same weight as the cat...

Why am I saying toast?? It's buttered bread, not toast...I must have something for toast...

So if the cat and the piece of buttered bread were both the same weights...

If they are the same weights then surely they will spin around in the air trying to be the one to land first...until of course the cat eats the toast off its back and plummets to the ground, landing lightly on its feet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-07-15, 09:55 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Whereas if the cat weighed the same as..."
Hm, I like lenny's answer the best so far.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2005-07-15, 09:58 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Hm, I like lenny's answer the best so..."
Well, a cat can pivot its spine or some shit... That's why they 'always' land on their feet.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-07-15, 02:58 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Well, a cat can pivot its spine or some..."
Obviously none of you watch Mythbusters.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-07-15, 03:01 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Obviously none of you watch Mythbusters."
buttered bread does NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT always fall butter-side down... it depends on the height of dropping!!
THIS was proven by lots of people on the program Hoe?Zo? on the belgian television.

THE END
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dr. Geekstar

Posted 2005-07-15, 03:14 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Obviously none of you watch Mythbusters."
That's where I got my explanation KA
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2005-07-15, 04:49 PM in reply to Xenn's post starting "That's where I got my explanation KA"
Don't know that program... does it have a website? Cuz it sounds cool
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dr. Geekstar

Posted 2005-07-15, 06:39 PM in reply to Dr. Geekstar's post starting "Don't know that program... does it have..."
If you spin the cat like a frisbee it lands on its head.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-07-15, 09:56 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "If you spin the cat like a frisbee it..."
Haha pancake head cat.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-07-16, 02:04 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Haha pancake head cat."
I thought Bunny?

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-07-16, 08:07 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Obviously none of you watch Mythbusters."
Mythbusters is awesome.

"So, now we're going to try this. We're not quite sure what's going to happen. Best case scenario: The theory holds true and the myth is debunked. Worse case scenario: Jamie dies. Lets go!"
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-07-16, 04:19 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Mythbusters is awesome. "So, now..."
It sounds like the kind of program Braniacs is...

Do you get Braniacs over there?? I always thought it was an American program...but it's got a Biritsh host, and seems to be a British program...it's all so confusing when you've only had 3 hours sleep in the past 48 hours...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-07-17, 10:19 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It sounds like the kind of program..."
Never heard of Brainiacs, though I will watch Mythbusters if I happen to stumble across is. They do some pretty cool stuff on that show. Usually involving firearms and/or explosives, and you can't go wrong there!

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-07-17, 11:10 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Never heard of Brainiacs, though I will..."
but you know what.. that mythbusters guy with the hat kinds looks like the bunny with a pancake on its head

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-07-18, 07:03 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "but you know what.. that mythbusters..."
Hahaha such a classic picture. I love it.

And you're right, he kinda does!

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord