Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Evil Grin I may have lice!
Posted 2004-07-21, 03:25 AM
Man... This sucks, i was scratching my head like mad today and saw a tiny little bug, i looked up what lice looks like, and i saw that it was the exact same thing..

This sucks ASS man..

Anyone had lice before? Any suggestions? Any way of getting rid?

Dont turn around and laugh, because this really sucks and i'm really bummed out..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-07-21, 03:27 AM in reply to slaynish's post "I may have lice!"
I've never had lice before, but my sister has. All you have to do is go get specially medicated shampoo, and wash your hair thoroughly with it a few times, and they will die out. QUestion is, do you have the Lice eggs too?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-07-21, 03:28 AM in reply to slaynish's post "I may have lice!"
Shave your head
Burn your hair off
Pour drain cleaner on the little suckers
Hot box them
Smash them with a 3 pound sledge hammer
Dip your head in sulfuric acid

If all of those fail....try that special shampoo they make for lice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-07-21, 03:29 AM in reply to Slim's post starting "Shave your head Burn your hair off ..."
Lol, hotbox them!! Dude, i've never seen stoned lice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-07-21, 03:29 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I've never had lice before, but my..."
I'm pretty sure i may..

I've got some kind of bug phobia, anytime i see a bug, besides ant, or fly, or a gnat i freak out... Just think of when i scratch my head, 5 minutes later i feel a little crawling in my fingernail.. I look and i just want to die X_X

I think i may have the eggs, except i dont know...

Tomorrow im going to face the music and ask my mom to pick up some medication and a special medicated comb
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-07-21, 03:29 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Lol, hotbox them!! Dude, i've never..."
I guarantee they'd fall off his head and go looking for munchies.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-07-21, 03:32 AM in reply to Slim's post starting "I guarantee they'd fall off his head..."
Why dont I just get stoned myself?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

slaynish

Posted 2004-07-21, 03:33 AM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Why dont I just get stoned myself?"
Because then you may try and fuck the lice and end up with crabs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slim

Posted 2004-07-21, 03:36 AM in reply to Slim's post starting "Because then you may try and fuck the..."
Oh shit... Good observation.

What if the lice try to fuck me!!X_X
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

slaynish

Posted 2004-07-21, 03:37 AM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Oh shit... Good observation. What if..."
Then you have lice jizz on your head. In that case the lice will have owned the shit out of you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slim

Posted 2004-07-21, 03:38 AM in reply to Slim's post starting "Then you have lice jizz on your head...."
-.-

Seriously, lets talk about my problem -.-
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

slaynish

Posted 2004-07-21, 03:39 AM in reply to slaynish's post starting "-.- Seriously, lets talk about my..."
Already told you, shampoo...I've never had them myself but that should teach those bastards what's up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slim

Posted 2004-07-21, 03:44 AM in reply to Slim's post starting "Already told you, shampoo...I've never..."
Well, That's that.

I guess i'll just go out w/ mommy tomorrow night, buy some shampoo, come home, do laundry, wash EVERYTHING thats ever touched my head, including my couch.
Then we'll shampoo, and get all that shit out... Then she can comb my hair for the rest of the night...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

slaynish

Posted 2004-07-21, 03:53 AM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Well, That's that. I guess i'll just..."
slaynish said:
Then she can comb my hair for the rest of the night...

what? .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2004-07-21, 04:56 AM in reply to Penguin's post starting "what? ..."
There's a superfluous period on the end of that question, Penguin. It vexes me.

Buy the lice shampoo, make sure you use it on every area of your body with hair on it, and wash everything you own, including furniture and carpeting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-07-21, 11:26 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "There's a superfluous period on the end..."
how do i 'wash' it...

I cant go and stick my couch in the washer.. : \
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

slaynish

Posted 2004-07-21, 11:30 AM in reply to slaynish's post starting "how do i 'wash' it... I cant go..."
Use a sponge? I dunno....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-07-21, 11:48 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Use a sponge? I dunno...."
-.-

Yeah, i'll just sponge down this here couch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

slaynish

Posted 2004-07-21, 11:55 AM in reply to slaynish's post starting "-.- Yeah, i'll just sponge down this..."
Why not just do a google search???

What is the treatment for head lice infestation?

Getting rid of head lice requires treating the individual, the family, and the household.

Treat the individual and the family -- This requires using an over-the-counter or prescription lice- killing medicine. Treat only persons who are infested. Remember that all lice-killing products are pesticides. Follow these treatment steps:

* Remove all clothing.
* Apply lice-killing medicine, also called pediculicide [peh-DICK-you-luh-side], according to label instructions. If the affected person has extra-long hair, you may need to use a second bottle.
* WARNING: Do not use a creme rinse or combination shampoo/conditioner before using lice-killing medicine. Do not re-wash hair for 1-2 days after treatment.
* Have the affected person put on clean clothing after treatment.
* If some live lice are still found but are moving more slowly than before treatment, do not re-treat. Comb dead and remaining live lice out of the hair. The medicine sometimes takes longer than the time recommended on the package to kill the lice.
* After treatment, if no dead lice are found and lice seem as active as before, the medicine may not be working. See your health-care provider for a different medicine. Follow treatment instructions.
* Remove nits and lice from the hair shaft using a nit comb, often found in lice-killing medicine packages. Flea combs used for cats and dogs can also be used.
* After treatment, check, comb, and remove nits and lice from the hair every 2-3 days.
* Re-treat in 7-10 days.
* Check all treated persons for 2-3 weeks until you are sure all lice and nits are gone.

Treat the household:

* To kill lice and nits, machine wash all washable clothing and bed linens that the infested person touched during the 2 days before they were diagnosed. Wash clothes and linens in the HOT water cycle (130 F). Dry items on the hot cycle for at least 20 minutes.
* Dry clean clothing that is not washable (coats, hats, scarves, etc.). OR
* Seal all non-washable items (clothing, stuffed animals, comforters, etc.) in a plastic bag for 2 weeks.
* Soak combs and brushes for 1 hour in rubbing alcohol or Lysol, or wash with soap and hot water.
* Vacuum the floor and furniture. Do not use lice sprays; they can be toxic if inhaled.

Cautions:

* Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not use head-lice medications.
* Consult a health-care provider before using lice-killing products on a person who has allergies, asthma, or other medical conditions.
* Do not use extra amounts of lice-killing medicines.
* Do not use lice-killing medicines on the eyebrows or eyelashes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-07-21, 03:53 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "Why not just do a google search??? ..."
How about just burn everything around you, even your hair, that way you won't have to worry.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy