Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Monster Energy XXL
Posted 2007-10-02, 12:09 PM
So I just finished my first Monster Energy XXL, and it will be my last. It's the biggest one they have, some special Billabong promotion or something, it's nearly a LITER of Monster Energy in a can.

Well, first of all, Monster Energy tastes like shit. It's like some sort of lime soda mixed with nail polish. The last few sips really kicked my ass, it was almost like it was concentrated. I drank it over the course of about an hour, and I'm already starting to feel a bit of a boost. I really wish they had Java Monster XXL, that would kick ass. I honestly don't know how people drink Monster Energy.

Even though it was like $3.00, the price per unit is pretty good comparatively. I'll still take a red bull or a java monster over this any day of the week.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-02, 12:31 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Monster Energy XXL"
Yeah it's pretty much garbage, I tried it 2-3 times and don't like it, very hard to drink and the boost isn't worth it. Same thing with Vault (boost but horrible stomach ache after the soda **((drink too fast ))** ) But I still haven't gotten around to trying Java monster.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-10-02, 01:13 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Monster Energy XXL"
That stuff is terrible for your body. Especially the Guarana, IIRC. Even a few sips of those energy drinks (they are really all the same) makes me feel all cracked out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-10-02, 02:55 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "That stuff is terrible for your body...."
My vice-principal in High school would always drink Red bull and other energy drinks every day my freshman/sophomore year, and he told me my senior year that they damage the fucked out of his kidneys/other organs and gave him horrible kidney stones.

kidney Stones = Fuck that. Never had 'em, and never want 'em.

Honestly, if you really want a boost of energy take an adderall. Yes, it is illegal if you aren't prescribed to them but if you need to get something done or you REALLY don't want to go to work/school, take one and you will absolutely love whatever you are doing.

If you are worried about drug tests, Amphetamines are excreted out of your body in three days or less. Throw in a Running/workout variable and it would be even less.

I seriously recommend it, it does not make you disoriented or your eyes bloodshot, or any of those negative side effects, it simply gives you TONS of energy, and a motivation to do just about anything.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-10-02, 02:59 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "My vice-principal in High school would..."
Why don't we just do some speed as well?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-02, 03:27 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Monster Energy XXL"
I was at the gas station the other day and was standing there in front of the drink cooler contemplating on whether or not to buy one of those. I chose juice instead. Good choice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-10-02, 03:32 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I was at the gas station the other day..."
Wasn't trying to be a smartass KA, and speed is alot different the Adderall.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-10-02, 03:34 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I was at the gas station the other day..."
Thanatos said:
I was at the gas station the other day and was standing there in front of the drink cooler contemplating on whether or not to buy one of those. I chose juice instead. Good choice.
Mmm natural energy, the best choice.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-10-02, 06:29 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Monster Energy XXL"
!King_Amazon! said:
So I just finished my first Monster Energy XXL, and it will be my last. It's the biggest one they have, some special Billabong promotion or something, it's nearly a LITER of Monster Energy in a can.

Well, first of all, Monster Energy tastes like shit. It's like some sort of lime soda mixed with nail polish. The last few sips really kicked my ass, it was almost like it was concentrated. I drank it over the course of about an hour, and I'm already starting to feel a bit of a boost. I really wish they had Java Monster XXL, that would kick ass. I honestly don't know how people drink Monster Energy.

Even though it was like $3.00, the price per unit is pretty good comparatively. I'll still take a red bull or a java monster over this any day of the week.
I used to drink one of these a day, I downshifted to something that tasted a bit less caustic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-10-02, 06:30 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I used to drink one of these a day, I..."
Sobe No Fear Gold or Full Throttle. Monster tastes like licking a marker.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-10-02, 11:56 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Sobe No Fear Gold or Full Throttle...."
HandOfHeaven said:
Monster tastes like licking a marker.
That's actually pretty damn accurate.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-03, 09:53 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That's actually pretty damn accurate."
I'm not sure I can visualize licking a marker, haha. I couldn't imagine those drinks being good for you. A lot of things can give you kidney stones though ...drinking lots of water helps but I don't think it's a guarantee you won't get them if you're predisposed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-10-03, 11:39 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I'm not sure I can visualize licking a..."
I'd probably much rather drink Kharkov than Monster XXL. Yuck. The ones with juice taste like piss.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-10-03, 11:40 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I'd probably much rather drink Kharkov..."
I just wish they had Java Monster XXL. I'd buy those by the case.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-03, 12:11 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I just wish they had Java Monster XXL. ..."
Java Monsters aren't bad. The others suck. I used to get cases of full throttle.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-10-03, 02:01 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Java Monsters aren't bad. The others..."
i only drink red bull and thats if vodka is involved other then that i dont drink energy drinks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-10-03, 04:18 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Java Monsters aren't bad. The others..."
Yeah, Full Throttle: Blue Demon are my current favorite.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker