Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Starting back up
Posted 2008-09-29, 01:23 PM
I'm thinking about getting back into D2 with a friend or two.

How long till the next ladder wipe?

Do some people still play on East and some on West, or is everyone on the same server now?

What class(es) reign supreme now? Are hammerdins the hardest hitters and frozen orb sorcs still useful for botting/etc?

How is botting nowadays?

How about maphack?
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2008-09-29, 01:39 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Starting back up"
Most people here play on east. I think one or two play on west.

Next ladder wipe is definitely a while off. It was recently wiped, like a few months ago.

Let me know what you plan on doing (PVP, botting, ownage, etc) and I can let you know what seems to be the best.

I hear botting is still around in full force, as is maphack.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-29, 01:40 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Starting back up"
Welcome back to the addiction!

The next ladder reset is undetermined, but I'm going to assume sometime next spring/summer.

Most people play on East, though I know Kazilla plays on West.

Hammerdins are still the most played/overpowered/rusher/Mfer in the game. Blizzard/Fireball Sorcs are the most common.

Botting is OK, not the best that it's been but there are still bots available.

Maphack is currently working, check this thread: http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46256
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-09-29, 01:44 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Welcome back to the addiction! The..."
Play USWest, w/e character you want to make I'll get it equiped minus serious runewords. Also, torches are available.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-29, 01:47 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Play USWest, w/e character you want to..."
I attest to this, I made a USWest char and it is now chaos running and pretty good. I am remaking it though, with kazzila's help.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-09-29, 04:29 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I attest to this, I made a USWest char..."
I think I'm just looking to build up a character or two to dick around with and bot.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2008-09-29, 08:45 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "I think I'm just looking to build up a..."
USWest I can get your a hammerdin equiped to MF or BaalBot. Everything except the enigma... which you'll have to figure out a way on how to get. Or a sorc I could equip you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-30, 05:37 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "USWest I can get your a hammerdin..."
So is blizzard > frozen orb nowadays? Should my build just be:

20 Ice Bolt, Ice Blast, Glacial Spike, Blizzard, Cold Mastery
1 Teleport, Static Field, Warmth

What about stat points?
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2008-09-30, 05:39 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "So is blizzard > frozen orb nowadays? ..."
Don't do anything but lightning if your going to do a sorc to actually play. There are way to many fire/ice immunes in hell for you to enjoy doing anything, a lightning sorc is capable of just about anything even with mediocre gear.

Also, fire and ice immunes have a higher resistence. So with infinity (conviction merc weapon) you can actually break most all lightning immunes of their immunity.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-30, 06:01 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "So is blizzard > frozen orb nowadays? ..."
If you're looking to do ubers make a nice 1pt smiter. Otherwise I'd say lightsorc or hammerdin. Once you get infinity you will be gosu. Lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-09-30, 06:12 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "If you're looking to do ubers make a..."
I will, once I pick back up video games, continue with my light sorc. I plan to put infinity on him so that I can hit guys though.

And yea, Bliz> (but less fun) orb
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-09-30, 06:35 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Don't do anything but lightning if your..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
Don't do anything but lightning if your going to do a sorc to actually play. There are way to many fire/ice immunes in hell for you to enjoy doing anything, a lightning sorc is capable of just about anything even with mediocre gear.
Say that to my blizz sorc that I played through all three difficulties with no outside help and only using gear that I found on her.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-30, 06:39 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Say that to my blizz sorc that I played..."
Sure it can be done, but lets race. Roll on USWest make your blizz sorc, I'll remake a lightning sorc, request your equipment and we will race through hell.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-30, 06:42 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Sure it can be done, but lets race...."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
Sure it can be done, but lets race. Roll on USWest make your blizz sorc, I'll remake a lightning sorc, request your equipment and we will race through hell.
Mine's more fun and more challenging. I doubt you'd even be capable of getting a blizzard sorc through normal, nightmare, and hell, completely by yourself without using anything but what your sorc finds.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-30, 07:58 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Mine's more fun and more challenging. ..."
Eh, if I cared enough to beat myself in the head 100 times I'm sure I could eventually cause myself to have a concussion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-02, 08:35 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Eh, if I cared enough to beat myself in..."
Okay so I'm sticking with my cold sorc. Is it viable to go blizzard AND orb? I seem to recall casting both back in the day. Doesn't lizzard have an abysmal recast time?

Also, if so, how does this look?
Orb 20
Blizzard 20
Cold Mastery 20
20 Ice Bolt (dual synergy)
18 Glacial Spike (synergy)
1 Ice Blast (synergy)
1 Warmth
1 Teleport
1 Static Field
1 Mana Shield
1 Chilling Armor
7 prereqs
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2008-10-02, 12:25 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Okay so I'm sticking with my cold sorc...."
When I had my blizzard sorc a long time ago, I thought it would be cool to stick what points I could into Orb, it failed.. Granted you are planning to max its synergys, Glacial Spike is superior imo. It has such a high radius on explosion. It also completely freezes most monsters in place which is very nice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-02, 12:45 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "When I had my blizzard sorc a long time..."
But, it only fires once. Orb fires of like 40 little bolts that all slow and do 1-2K damage. I say that is pretty good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-10-02, 01:15 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "But, it only fires once. Orb fires of..."
Glacial spike only fires once, but its radius is about the same as orb on contact. I would only ever do an orb sorc again with nightwing and fathom.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-02, 04:22 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Glacial spike only fires once, but its..."
I have wanted to make an orb sorc but only really want to use it for NM MFing. Hell sucks to do with any cold sorc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin