Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

trap/ww sin guide
Posted 2005-02-22, 03:44 PM
TvT PvP ww/lightning trap guide

I wan't to say that I thought of this build my self and I haven't read any builds of other traps/ww sins, so it may be a bit different from what you've seen

ok, here we go

equpment (I'll tell the best stuf you can get, but there are some substitutes)

helm: shako with um, or shako with eth (dmg returned to mana may be usefull usualy against pallies because mb'ing them eats tons of it)
amulet: mara (always in tvt or against elemental type enemy), +3traps +tons of life (vs meele 1x1)
rings: ravenfrost 20/250, ring with +10fcr/good mods (mine is 10fcr +20str +15-25rez +25psn lenghth reduce)
armor: vipermagi upgraded with um (30fcr.. fcr is needed for this build, so I think no substitutes)
gloves: magefists (20fcr 25mana regenerate -regeneration is useful cuz you do not have lots of it), or trang gloves against cold sorcs
belt: crafted +at least 5fcr (mine is +20str +8fcr 10%mana regen +10 mana +6repl etc.), tg vs trapsins
boots: shadowdancers +2 +25dex, uped hotspurs vs fire sorcs
shield: stormshield with -15req/rez (I suggest -15/30light (useful vs foh) or -15/30cold (cold sorcs), cuz fire and psn resists aren't problem)
weapon: chaos runic talons +3lightning sentry +1-3df +1-3mb (best trap laying speed), jade talon +15all rez jewel (useful against foh's and elemental enemies)

inventory: anihilus (20/20/x if possible, mine is 17/13/9 only), 10 trap gc's +life, 2-4 fhr/rez sc's (to keep 48 fhr bp) other sc's life/mana, now keep some 11's in stash cold nd light, increasing numbers of them when dueling agains teams with foh palie or cold sorc will increase your chance of sucess 1x1 it's vital, try to take some trap gc's out and put rezists) so always when fighting against elemental enemies keep resists at as much as you can, and when dueling meele try to get more life/dmg

skills:

venom 1+ (you are not pure ww sin increase venom only when nothing more is left ~93-99lvl)
claw mastery 20

20 lightning sentry
20 death sentry
20 charged bolt sentry
20 light skill with 6lvl req (forgot the name)

dragon flight + mind blast comes from claws

at ~lvl 93-94 you shoud be finished with your taps and claw mastery then put points into venom

I've 94th lvl sin with life 2.7k life
traps dmg 8.6
ww dmg 1.9k (not deadly) 5k+ ar

stats: str to keep everything up
dex for max block with shadow dancers
vit all the rest

now dueling tactics:

MOSTLY USED: You click on bastard left button with mind blast and hold, then while holding mb swtich to lightning sentry and back to mb you can continue this until he's far away, that's your main weapon, ww is only for self defence and hunts in TvT, useful in many cases but don't forget that you are trap based sin which has ww, not ww sin

everything in this build depends on your skill and how you control your sin, you have everything in your disposal: traps, ww, mb, df, fade, bos just use them properly and you may kill a lot of duelers

vs amazons

avoid their arows (that's not so difficult I think I could dodge them for hours) put traps near her feet although she's fast you are faster than she is (if you are dueling for some shit or smth put some fwr sc's), now just put traps and try to get her near corner, or just a bit closer, than df her ww, df ww as she's running if she tries something silly like meeling with you put traps + mb, use your ww. against this enemy you should be creative if you catch her without stormshield she will be killed in 2-3 ww's,

NEVER EVER use 2xclaws against team with amazons even if there are 3sorcs cuz then you're dead there's a bug that guided arows aren't blocked while running with 2claws and don't call me a noob saying that they block everything, this 2xclaw think is bugged there

vs druids

I haven't dueled good one but I think it's posible to defeat them, one way is mb + traps (he may be too slow to recast his cyclone armor) other is mb + traps + ww = stuned like shit, although I'm not experienced against them I believe they are weaker than my ww sin

vs pallies

yeh I hate them the most they somehow have always too much resists and I hate my fiends smiter/hamer (strange type) we usualy tie becaus he charges around me gets in with his smite, hits some times if he's lucky eats shit lot of a dmg ant get's back, I blood a lot and then it debends on who made more mistakes. Now when you see some paladin charging stangely, be sure that he is as close as you coul imagine, if it's hammer ww down because he's under you casting hammers and with your mb try to keep distance, if it's some other type then just mb the side from where he's coming it's possible to catch him before he get's in and be sure that be fore he gets close you put at least 4 traps somewhere around your self (ofcours you can try to pursue him, but be sure that you have enough traps for him to feel the pain) if he get's to close ww away and use mb again, traps ww away, mb mb mb traps traps mb etc.. and be sure to put lifght rezists against foher's

fade vs foh

vs barbarians

my firend and my teammte in tvt 2x2 is considered to be one of the best tvt barbarian (he has beast bers axe and 5200life with boo 7200 when he turns into bear)
ofcourse duel's are difficult but if I concentrate I can beat him .. just runs in such way that he can't catch you (I know some of them are fast as sound) but don't worry he is fast and avoiding his attacks is as difficult as for him to hit you with ww, just keep out of his ww way and use mb as often as you can, lay some traps around your area and mb him + traps, when he tries to use berserk or runs (his block is reduced) then ww him and run away mb mb traps traps ww etc (caution: don't use dragon flight you may land on his ww, hurts like hell) usualy skill determines the outcome of duel as I told, godly equpent is nothing in bad hands

vs sorcs

somehow i find this duel easiest of all because sorcs are poor in fhr but a good sorc will have a lots of fhr and you will have some difficult time but if it's bad sorc then catch with mb traps traps traps get closer mb traps mb df ww mb mb traps traps etc (be creative and use all hotkeys) if it's good sorc - don't hurry put some traps in places where you tihink she's going to teleport and sometimes it's useful to try and mb air (she may jumb on your mb and get hurt a lot) use the tactic as against bad sorcs here too but be more concentrated on duel
jade talon here is a good substitute for stormshield

don't forget your resists
vs bliz I sugest to use fade

vs necros

!!!! don't df + ww them unless they're low on life

vs necros with enigmas it's the same as with sorcs, only be cautious because when you're stunning them the shoots spears into you and not trying to escape be carefull and run aside and continue mb'ing, sometime here df may help to inflict ow or get close for mb, but be very carefull with dragon flight.

vs simple walkink necros is similar to amazons put traps get into corner and try mb + traps them mb traps dodge spears and everything else

vs psn necros similar as to druids only a little bit easier

Just get used to evade their hits I think against fireball guided arow and bone skills it's vhere your experience helps, I've dueled long duels without getting hit, that's the main key to you sucess

vs assasins

I could write here for hours because I've dueled many sins against basic clases

pure trap sin (use jade talon)//trap, kick sin (use stormshield)
just don't get into their traps, they have much more mana than you do, the only advantage is you ww these duels take long time, but I think it's best to catch them in a place where they are not protected by traps, use df than put traps and use mb and while she's stuned df ww mb ww

mb traps traps etc. (if you see that she's bleeding, ow is hurting you may try to retreat for a while) of course she may be clever in this duel wins the one who controls sins better (I've defeated all trapsins that I've faced because they lack some information how to duel properly) but it's very interesting duel against experienced enemies

pure ww sin (max venom, claw mastery etc)
I think you have advantage here.Cast fade. Use strategy as against pallies try to get them with traps and be sure that you are protected by

3-4 traps, sometimes you can see her intention to df + ww you, sou you ww into some of your traps and when she df's you, does ww, you start mind blasting this rival and she starts to eat your traps, if required put equpment with some max psn rezists + psn lenghth reduction

ok I finished it, I haven't faced any rival yet that I haven't defeated (I mean that there were tie or I lost like 4-5 or 3-5, but it's

sometimes bad luck or not much experience how to duel, as you know there are many builds and ech requires some imrpovisation) but usualy I win

DON'T CALL PPL NOOBS even if they loose, just say that they should improve their equpment or try harder, and don't use more than two max rz items or two absorb items it's just too low. This build is based that enemy hasn't 95rez + absorb, people who feel happy that they get no elemental damage are just stupid it makes no sence in dueling because duels are for fun and ppl like that just screw the game by saying how godly they are that cold sorc or foh'er is healing them, but they are just afraid to lose.

THERE ARE NO GODLY BUILDS

I hope you will like this build, I think it's sin for pro's who have controled ww sins and trapsins (as I did), have fun

Last edited by leg; 2005-02-22 at 03:49 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
leg is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenleg is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

leg

Posted 2005-02-22, 08:22 PM in reply to leg's post "trap/ww sin guide"
do you play east or west, Ladder or non? and what is your acct name. If you play on east nonladder i would like to duel you sometime with my amazon. I might even consider re equipping my hybridsin to try it out Vs. you.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-02-23, 06:30 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "do you play east or west, Ladder or..."
I'm dueling in pvpgn realm there are quitte much people playing in it (I've encountered many different builds there), sad but I haven't cd-key , and if get somewhere it's europe
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
leg is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenleg is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

leg

Posted 2005-02-25, 01:26 PM in reply to leg's post starting "I'm dueling in pvpgn realm there are..."
hmmm well are you guys playing 1.10 ladder items?
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-02-26, 09:40 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "hmmm well are you guys playing 1.10..."
that's a nice guide i think it's decent but what is pvpgn realm?
"Every harem has its eunuch" - Ridicule
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sheerx

Posted 2005-02-27, 06:29 AM in reply to sheerx's post starting "that's a nice guide i think it's decent..."
pvpgn realm isn't something like europe, asia, north US, west US, you can play there without cd-key I think it's very legal because there are many such servers of course you can't compare them with number of users but there are realy many ppl playing
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

leg

Posted 2005-02-27, 10:12 AM in reply to leg's post starting "pvpgn realm isn't something like..."
Nope. blizzard says third party servers are illegal because they violate the TOS or something.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign