Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Question Q about Pits
Posted 2004-10-10, 12:49 PM
what is the best thing to do...kill everything in the pits or just kill the champions and the random uniques...cause it takes me about 5 minutes to do 1 run with my hammerdin...but i think it would only take about 2 if i just teled to each random unique...because it seems to me that they are the ones who drop the most useful uniques and sets. Thanks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MasterTy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMasterTy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MasterTy

Posted 2004-10-10, 12:55 PM in reply to MasterTy's post "Q about Pits"
I think you are supposed to kill everything, but I am not totally sure on this one.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-10-10, 12:59 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "I think you are supposed to kill..."
mf r so sad only for poor newbies u have enigma i wonder why u mf unless u use tele ammy then i r gonna ROFLMFAOOMFGWTFBBQAHAHAGGLOLTHX at you but still i r wonder... why pit runz? coz u can only beat monster and not liek pvp coz my baba would pwnz j00 liek.. omg :'(?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ScamAlot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenScamAlot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ScamAlot

Posted 2004-10-10, 01:03 PM in reply to ScamAlot's post starting "mf r so sad only for poor newbies :( u..."
Well i run the pits because there the greatest...ive found 2 eth CB a eth zerk and a few other good items that got me this enigma.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MasterTy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMasterTy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MasterTy

Posted 2004-10-10, 02:03 PM in reply to MasterTy's post starting "Well i run the pits because there the..."
pit runs are great, especially if you search for socket items etc.
but atm, i aint doing any runs at all
i robbed item shops... then i (temporaly) quit D2

note to new membes - i wont give out my items yet, and if i ever will, then it will be for true zel members only... spam wont make you a true zel member -.-
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dr. Geekstar

Posted 2004-10-10, 03:45 PM in reply to ScamAlot's post starting "mf r so sad only for poor newbies :( u..."
ScamAlot said:
mf r so sad only for poor newbies u have enigma i wonder why u mf unless u use tele ammy then i r gonna ROFLMFAOOMFGWTFBBQAHAHAGGLOLTHX at you but still i r wonder... why pit runz? coz u can only beat monster and not liek pvp coz my baba would pwnz j00 liek.. omg :'(?
What the hell, don't post like that. Only mantra can do that.

Anyway, I'd say it'd improve your efficiency quite a bit to only go for champs...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-10-10, 03:55 PM in reply to MasterTy's post "Q about Pits"
I recommend killing everything. If you want a character that will clear the Pit fast, make a Poison Nova Necromancer. Mine would have about a total of 2.5 minutes in GAME on average. That's clearing everything in the Pit too.

Use a Hammerdin if you want to MF other things aside from the Pit though, as that's about all the Necro is good for.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-10, 06:18 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I recommend killing everything. If you..."
Thanks i was thinking about making one of those...is there any way to combine skelemancer and still have posin nova and it still be effective.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

MasterTy

Posted 2004-10-10, 06:26 PM in reply to MasterTy's post starting "Thanks i was thinking about making one..."
Well, maxing nova and its synergies is 60 points. So I guess you might be able to try and build up a skele skill. But bone armor and wall, might be more effective.
!King_Amazon! said:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-10-10, 06:37 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Well, maxing nova and its synergies is..."
well i made 1 and it sucks...so i was thinking of putting 40 skele raise and masteries...then rest into posin nova and synergies. just wanted to know if i would do any damage like this...cause i would have quite a few of + skills
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

MasterTy

Posted 2004-10-10, 06:40 PM in reply to MasterTy's post starting "well i made 1 and it sucks...so i was..."
Well you with psn nova it takes awhile for the psn, like 14 sec. So you really need to keep the enemy away from you during this time. I haven't made a skele, so if your 20 to skele and 20 to mastery would keep them alive then it sounds like a semi-viable build. Volls, care to post your psn necro build?

I think this is volls guide, not sure though.

STR Enough for your armor.
DEX Keep your block % up, ~50% or higher is good.
VIT Leftover points go here
ENE Base

20 Poison Dagger
20 Poison Explosion
20 Poison Nova
20 Bone Wall
1 Bone Armor
1 Teeth
1 Corpse Explosion
1 Amplify Damage
1 Iron Maiden
1 Life Tap
1 Weaken
1 Terror
1 Decrepify
1-5 Lower Resist

That is 90-94 skill points in total, so this build would be complete at prior to level 78-82 using all skill quests.

Equipment

Helm: +2 Necro/20% FCR/+All Resists Circlet (Harlequin Crest will likely be what people use)

Armor: 'Enigma'/'Bramble' (Enigma preferably, as teleporting speeds up runs)

Weapon: Death's Web/'Heart of the Oak' (Blackbog's Sharp if you're pretty poor)

Shield: Trang Oul's Wing

Gloves: Trang Oul's Claw

Belt: Trang Oul's Girth

Boots: Marrowwalk

Rings: 2x Stone of Jordan

Amulet: Storm Circlet or other rare/crafted ammy (Mara's would work too)

I know most people will ask "Why Trang Oul's Shield and Belt instead of Homonculus + Arachnid's Mesh?". The reason is, that with the 3 set pieces, the shield will give -25% Enemy Poison Resistance. That is a HUGE help vs. the skeletons in the Pit, as they are a bit resistant to poison.

If you have any gear you could socket, try to procure some Poison Rainbow Facets. Those would help immensely.

Of course, a few +1 Poison and Bone charms would help this build, so if you have
!King_Amazon! said:

Last edited by MightyJoe; 2004-10-10 at 06:43 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-10-10, 06:49 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Well you with psn nova it takes awhile..."
Ok guess im going to try a hybrid of the two once i get a little richer. Thanks 4 the guide...one thing though could u tell me how much posin damage when maxed without posin facets or gear the nova is...thanks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

MasterTy

Posted 2004-10-10, 07:51 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Well you with psn nova it takes awhile..."
Yep, that's my old guide.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-12, 02:29 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Yep, that's my old guide."
bleh. make a summon nec. then sit back, and let ur skellies do the work. get a merc too. and summon necs can make baba cry in duels.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slanted-manji is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenslanted-manji is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

slanted-manji