Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2007-06-25, 01:02 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I've posted about it before, but..."
Yeah I seen a commercial the other day saying like 1 out every 400 children born every week / month whatever are going to be diagnosed with autism within their lifetime.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-06-25, 01:05 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah I seen a commercial the other day..."
It's pretty hard to say whether having autism would be a good thing or a bad thing. It has it's ups and downs, and we can't really know how it is unless we experience it(but I guess that goes for everything else, as well.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 01:12 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's pretty hard to say whether having..."
!King_Amazon! said:
It's pretty hard to say whether having autism would be a good thing or a bad thing. It has it's ups and downs, and we can't really know how it is unless we experience it(but I guess that goes for everything else, as well.)
I think the lighter forums of autism wouldn't really be that bad, but then again you have all of the drawbacks lingering around like you said, but then again blindness in my opinion is one of the worst things that could possibly happen, I would get the feeling of closterphobia if I was blind ...

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-06-25, 01:14 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I think the lighter forums of autism..."
Well, for instance, those people who are non-functioning autistic. The ones that we would consider near-braindead. How do we know what goes on in their head? They might not show anything going on, but for all we know, they might be solving the meaning of life and shit like that. Perhaps the less functioning the autism is, the greater the mind-power. Who knows. I personally think it would be cool to be in my own little world where I just absorb all knowledge and have an understanding of everything.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 01:17 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well, for instance, those people who..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Well, for instance, those people who are non-functioning autistic. The ones that we would consider near-braindead. How do we know what goes on in their head? They might not show anything going on, but for all we know, they might be solving the meaning of life and shit like that. Perhaps the less functioning the autism is, the greater the mind-power. Who knows. I personally think it would be cool to be in my own little world where I just absorb all knowledge and have an understanding of everything.

Yeah but what sucks is their inability to discuss and show us new ways of thinking, etc. I'm sure with advances in technology we'll be able to read thoughts, eventually. Which we can also use to see if people need to be taken off of life-support, etc.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-06-25, 01:19 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah but what sucks is their inability..."
haha. When i smoked I used to wish I had a way of recording my thoughts without having to write them...I'm sure its on the way.
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-06-25, 01:22 PM in reply to klo's post starting "haha. When i smoked I used to wish I..."
klo said:
haha. When i smoked I used to wish I had a way of recording my thoughts without having to write them...I'm sure its on the way.

Well steven hawking has that sort of thing where he can talk using brainwaves, not exactly how that whole setup works, though..

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-06-25, 01:27 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well steven hawking has that sort of..."
Doesn't he type what he wants to say?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 01:46 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Doesn't he type what he wants to say?"
!King_Amazon! said:
Doesn't he type what he wants to say?

Idk, I thought he couldn't move any part of his body, or something... but maybe so.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-06-25, 01:54 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Idk, I thought he couldn't move any..."
Quote:
He gradually lost the use of his arms, legs, and voice, and is now almost completely paralyzed. The computer system attached to his wheelchair is operated by Hawking via an infra-red 'blink switch' clipped onto his glasses. By scrunching his right cheek up, he is able to talk, compose speeches, research papers, browse the World Wide Web, and write e-mails. The system also uses radio transmission to provide control over doors in his home and office.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hawking#Illness

Same birthday as mine, he has.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-06-25, 01:55 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Haw..."
How exactly can he talk by scrunching his cheek? I don't get how that would work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:02 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "How exactly can he talk by scrunching..."
Something to do with the infra-red blink switch, methinks. Maybe the scrunching up of his cheek sends out an infra-red pulse from the blink switch, to his computer?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:19 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Something to do with the infra-red..."
Yeah, but how would you have that stand for different things? Like, I could see if scrunching his cheek made his wheelchair go forward, but how does it make different characters and click shit on his computer and stuff?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:20 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Yeah, but how would you have that stand..."
Haven't a clue. Could be done like Morse Code - different lengths and combinations of twitches do different things.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:47 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Haven't a clue. Could be done like..."
Don't they call him one of the greatest minds since Albert Einstein?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:49 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Don't they call him one of the greatest..."
He's the cleverest fella alive, if that counts?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:52 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "He's the cleverest fella alive, if that..."
Mjordan told me his "A Brief History of Time" book is really good, I even ordered it but the delivery failed and got sent back to Amazon so I never re-ordered.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 04:55 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Don't they call him one of the greatest..."
D3V said:
Don't they call him one of the greatest minds since Albert Einstein?
He's pretty much the most advanced Astrophysicist alive.

klo said:
I constantly wish that, I have a poor memory and I have the problem of an overactive mind, so my thoughts fly much faster than I can write or type. I've thought of so many interesting things that I wish I could remember the details of...

Last edited by Vollstrecker; 2007-06-25 at 04:57 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-06-25, 05:00 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "He's pretty much the most advanced..."
The fully functional autistic guy is English also. He's some red-headed due that can recite pi to like 10,000 digits.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-06-30, 06:11 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "The fully functional autistic guy is..."
Blindness.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes