Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Haiti Earthquake
Posted 2010-01-13, 04:28 PM
Anybody heard about this?

A 7.0 earthquake struck yesterday some time around 6pm eastern and has caused massive amounts of damage.

MSNBC said:
PM fears death toll above 100,000; food, water needed, aid worker says
CNN said:
Haitian president: We need medicine, doctors now

Capital flattened, hospitals gone, Haitian consul general to U.N. says

Quake packed power of several nuclear bombs, says geophysicist

Magnitude 7.0 quake struck near Port-au-Prince shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday
Only insult is added to injury when you take into consideration how poor of a nation Haiti is. Not to mention the widespread diseases that may arise from this catastrophic disaster.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-01-13, 07:12 PM in reply to D3V's post "Haiti Earthquake"
Stuff like this convinces me that there is no sentient, loving supreme being. It's just fucked up, indescribably.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-01-14, 08:58 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Stuff like this convinces me that there..."
I can agree with that, somewhat. What frustrates me is what Pat Robertson said right after it happened:

BORKED

How to help:

http://www.redcross.org

Wyclef Jean's grassroots.org
Text Yele to 501 501 to donate $5 via your cellphone

The U.S. State Department Operations Center said Americans seeking information about family members in Haiti should call 1-888-407-4747. Due to heavy volume, some callers may receive a recording. "Our embassy is still in the early stages of contacting American citizens through our Warden Network," the U.S. State Department said in a statement. "Communications are very difficult within Haiti at this time."

For those interesting in helping immediately, simply text "HAITI" to "90999" and a donation of $10 will be given automatically to the Red Cross to help with relief efforts, charged to your cell phone bill.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-01-14, 09:36 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I can agree with that, somewhat. What..."
God is currently:
Trying to make people think he doesn't exist. It's funny to him. He's laughing his heavenly ass off.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-01-15, 07:22 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Stuff like this convinces me that there..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Stuff like this convinces me that there is no sentient, loving supreme being. It's just fucked up, indescribably.
God works in mysterious ways.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2010-01-15, 09:30 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "God is currently: Trying to make..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
God is currently:
Trying to make people think he doesn't exist. It's funny to him. He's laughing his heavenly ass off.
Wait, what?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-01-16, 05:15 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Wait, what?"
We human beings, through the history of the world, have protected our continents from cataclysmic earthquakes by murder. In other words, a minor natural disaster avoids a major natural disaster.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Knight Sir Rick enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzKnight Sir Rick enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Knight Sir Rick

Posted 2010-01-16, 11:36 AM in reply to Knight Sir Rick's post starting "We human beings, through the history of..."
Knight Sir Rick said: [Goto]
... avoids a major natural disaster.
How are the deaths of many people (caused by
warring continental habitants) a natural
disaster?

Last edited by Mdselctr; 2010-01-16 at 11:39 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeMdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Mdselctr

Posted 2010-01-16, 11:45 PM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "How are the deaths of many people..."
Mdselctr said: [Goto]
How are the deaths of many people (caused by
warring continental habitants) a natural
disaster?
Kakakaka!
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-01-18, 02:03 PM in reply to Knight Sir Rick's post starting "We human beings, through the history of..."
Knight Sir Rick said: [Goto]
We human beings, through the history of the world, have protected our continents from cataclysmic earthquakes by murder. In other words, a minor natural disaster avoids a major natural disaster.
care to elaborate?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-01-18, 03:25 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "care to elaborate?"
Apparently, killing people prevents people from dying.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai