Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Internet Connection Drops
Posted 2009-02-17, 06:32 PM
Alright, this is a bit of a tricky one. I've yet to figure out the exact cause of this problem.

The Internet connection works fine until someone opens up a torrent program and is seeding/leeching. Suddenly everyone, including the person with the program open on their computer, has sudden connection loss and error every 3-10 minute or so. Here are some pictures and other information that will hopefully help.

Company: AT&T
Package: ADSL (3000kB/s Upload and 500kB/s)
Router: http://store.att.com/Catalog/Product...egoryId=catMRG

Here are some pictures, when the error occurs, I'll be sure to snatch a picture of it as well. When the error occurs, on the picture where it says up (several times), the PVC Connection is the first thing on the list to have the error.

Hope someone here knows what this problem is or related to.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2009-02-17, 09:12 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "Internet Connection Drops"
Too many connections, overloading your router. Limit the number of connections.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-02-17, 09:25 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Too many connections, overloading your..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Too many connections, overloading your router.
What he said.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-02-18, 01:34 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "What he said."
The router is being overloaded eh?

Now when you say limit, do you mean the number of computer connected accessing it or how many ports are being accessed by each user causing an overload?

We have 4-5 people connected at a time, usually, and we have no problems. So I'd like to try and automatically remove the number of users from my previous question. Now, anyone know how to go about finding the maximum amount of consistent connections at once?

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy