Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Midnight Hour - Witty endings and lots of drama
Posted 2007-12-14, 01:30 PM
Hello!
I haven't posted in like... AGES, so I decided to.
Beyond the Light has come to a stand-still, so me and my friend Rey have been working on an RPG Maker XP game named 'Midnight Hour'. Rey is REALLY good at litereature, so it's story is pretty solid (Well, I think at least).
I've learnt my lesson not to go straight into a game and start making it, so this time i've been working on a script, endings, story and character bios. Hopefully the webpage will be up soon, so you can find out about it periodically.

The game itself is a classic RPG, mixed with humor and story. It has multiple endings (8 to be exact), 2 unlockable sub-scenarios and a replay factor. As the game is still early in development, not much can be said about the story, as It is subject to change, but I can briefly tell you about the title.

Midnight Hour is a place that is unlike the normal world. In the normal world, monsters are common (Like gobblins), and it is mostly peacful. However, there are 2 other dimensions called The Middle Zone and Midnight Hour. Children visit Midnight Hour partially in their dreams, as it is the place of nightmares. Early into the game, a Midnight Hour portal is opened, and nightmares escape, clutching to towns and cities, devouring them with fear, hate and anguish. It is our heroes job to stop more portals opening, and free the places locked in Middle Zone. Middle Zone is halfway between the normal world and Midnight Hour. You could call it purgatory, however the subject is passing into utter oblivion. Dungeons are infact dreams that have become real, where our heroes will have to fight the fears of the main subject to free the area.

Thats really all I can say about the gameplay, but watch out for the new website.

Feel free to comment,
Connor.

God i'm obsessed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
caj800 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencaj800 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

caj800

Posted 2007-12-21, 06:53 PM in reply to caj800's post "Midnight Hour - Witty endings and lots..."
This shit sounds awesome. Nice concept, I'm really hoping this one doesn't come to a stand still.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-01-04, 03:10 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "This shit sounds awesome. Nice concept,..."
WOW this sounds so cool. When your friend finishes it i would love to play it.

Also its sounds like he coppied TP a bit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mariofan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmariofan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mariofan

Posted 2008-01-28, 11:50 AM in reply to mariofan's post starting "WOW this sounds so cool. When your..."
Thanks for actually replying xD
Firstly, the game is my project, and my friend is co-producing it.
And secondly, I DID get my inspiration from TP xD.

Anyway, please visit the website! www.freewebs.com/norayproductions. I'll be updadting almost daily, so feel free to take a look.

God i'm obsessed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
caj800 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencaj800 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

caj800