Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Computer Problem.. Right Place?
Posted 2005-08-16, 09:36 PM
Sorry guys.. Been a long time since i had internet.. ne way.. i got a laptop right? and i hookd it up 2 the internet.. but im getting an Lsass.exe error.. then my laptop shuts down.. if it does it again, ill snap a shot at it.. but.. how do i fix it/stop it.. the good 'ld Run/CMD/Shutdown -a wont work.. ne ideas?

Over and out -Weedman-
`~Working in the Mortuary Affairs field isn't so bad. It pays for my 2009 Scion tC, so I can't complain.~`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69

Posted 2005-08-16, 09:50 PM in reply to Joka69's post "Computer Problem.. Right Place?"
sounds like a sasser worm.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-08-16, 09:57 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "sounds like a sasser worm."
This work?

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oval.tool.html
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2005-08-17, 04:57 AM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "This work? ..."
sounds right sov.. im trying an AVG virus protection thing.. the tech lady from verizon said 2 use.. im a poor mofo so like.. i cant get norton or ne thing.. and ill try that knockblocker.. thnx dawgs..

ne other help?/advice?
`~Working in the Mortuary Affairs field isn't so bad. It pays for my 2009 Scion tC, so I can't complain.~`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69

Posted 2005-08-17, 05:22 AM in reply to Joka69's post starting "sounds right sov.. im trying an AVG..."
Joka69 said:
sounds right sov.. im trying an AVG virus protection thing.. the tech lady from verizon said 2 use.. im a poor mofo so like.. i cant get norton or ne thing.. and ill try that knockblocker.. thnx dawgs..

ne other help?/advice?
I usd the sasser removal tool that knockblocker told me.. no sign of the sasser worm.. ne other ideas?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Joka69

Posted 2005-08-17, 06:29 AM in reply to Joka69's post starting "I usd the sasser removal tool that..."
Download Norton.

What other programs have you got other than AVG?

If you don't have them, try Ad-Aware and Spybot.

Clean up your computer as much as you can, do anything that will help.

Also, what's the error that pops up? Can you remember what it says? Or along the lines of it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-17, 07:45 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Download Norton. What other programs..."
Lenny said:
Download Norton.

What other programs have you got other than AVG?

If you don't have them, try Ad-Aware and Spybot.

Clean up your computer as much as you can, do anything that will help.

Also, what's the error that pops up? Can you remember what it says? Or along the lines of it?

I need the free downloads.. no access 2 a credit card.. lol.. But ya.. jus AVG right now.. Um... if/when it happens again, ill get a screenie of it.. kk? thnx
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Joka69

Posted 2005-08-17, 08:17 AM in reply to Joka69's post starting "I need the free downloads.. no access 2..."
Heh.. Work?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Joka69

Posted 2005-08-17, 08:27 AM in reply to Joka69's post starting "http://www.pchell.com/images/sasser2.gif..."
Ad-Aware and Spybot are free. if you know the right places you can download Norton with a CD Key for free.

Which OS are you running? I'm guessing XP right?

http://forum.theispguide.com/isp-ftopic135.html This looks like it may contain the solution to your problem. A couple of posts talk about finding a value in the registery and setting a port to "0". Other posts talk about downloading a FireWall and installing a patch. If for some reason you don't have a firewall then get ZoneAlarm.

That might be it!! lsass.exe is probably connecting to the net to stop your comp connecting. Get ZoneAlarm (download the free version) and when an alert pops up saying lsass.exe is trying to connect up, tick the "Remember this setting" box and click Deny.

Look through the posts in the thread I linked to as well.

Hope it helps sort our your problem.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-17, 08:33 AM in reply to Joka69's post starting "http://www.pchell.com/images/sasser2.gif..."
Joka69 said:
Heh.. Work?
Um...I had something like that you're using XP right? You gota get the upgrades onto it, like dl them on a nother comp and put them on a disk or something and put them on your lap top. That might help?
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2005-08-17, 11:13 AM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "Um...I had something like that you're..."
Nope.. Windows 2000
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Joka69

Posted 2005-08-17, 11:27 AM in reply to Joka69's post starting "Nope.. Windows 2000"
Really??

Well, better than XP I 'spose. You can get deeper into the program. Makes it easier to get rid of these things.

Try the things from the thread. They may still work even if you're not on XP.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-17, 12:07 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Really?? Well, better than XP I..."
well.. im trying to do service patches.. and i got zonealarm going.. but ya... it hasnt gone yhet.. ill get updated.. mayb it wont go away
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Joka69

Posted 2005-08-17, 01:41 PM in reply to Joka69's post "Computer Problem.. Right Place?"
Free antivirus java applet:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

How often does the shutdown start anyway? I'm not sure about Windows 2000, but in Windows XP, you can deactivate various "services", including the auto-shutdown.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2005-08-18, 04:53 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Free antivirus java applet: ..."
it usd to go like every frickin like 10 min or so.. this laptop is built for windows XP... so that may be the problem.. I think ive got it fixd.. Thanks guys..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Joka69

Posted 2005-08-23, 12:59 AM in reply to Joka69's post starting "it usd to go like every frickin like 10..."
Yeah trend micro's will still work. GL.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shroom is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShroom is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Shroom