Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Post computer help
Posted 2003-12-07, 08:37 PM
hey on my computer like every few minutes my computer makes this errrrrrrrrrrr sound then it slowly gets softer and softer then gone and it does this like every few minutes, do you know what this is or is it a problem? also i was wondering about the router firewall, does it automatically enable right when you just plug in your cable wires and stuff and the firewall is already there or do i have to do something to make it work? i have a netgear router
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2003-12-07, 08:41 PM in reply to iceman887's post "computer help"
REgarding the noise. could it be the hard drive??? Idk. Regarding the firewall i have no idea. Sorry.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-07, 09:43 PM in reply to iceman887's post "computer help"
wait now its not really stopping and it sometimes get louder and it keeps going, omg its driving me crazy, but it could be the hard drive but why would it be the hard drive? but this hasnt happened before though until not like a few days ago i think or until today i noticed it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2003-12-07, 10:50 PM in reply to iceman887's post "computer help"
Need your specs of your computer + any newly installed hardware + software and how long this has been happening, you can't expect anyone to solve your problem on just a "errrrrr"... and sov, if you don't know stop saying so...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-12-07, 10:59 PM in reply to iceman887's post "computer help"
My computer does that when it start up after long-time standby or when it's been off and unplugged for a while. It's probably the hard drive but I don't care. I'll get a new one soon. As for the router... if it is a router firewall, it's always enabled because it's a hardware firewall, not software.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-12-08, 06:36 AM in reply to iceman887's post "computer help"
robotic how do you know its your hard drive? how can you tell but i think its what your saying, no newly installed hardware or software been happening a few days and i have amd 2700, 512 kingston 2700 ram, 80 gib hard drive western digital 7200, and 9600 pro oh yah and it only started after like 45 minutes it started??

Last edited by iceman887; 2003-12-08 at 06:44 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

iceman887

Posted 2003-12-08, 04:58 PM in reply to iceman887's post "computer help"
Could be a fan striking something? Dirty fans = noisy... uh... So it just started happening one day for no reason?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-12-08, 08:35 PM in reply to iceman887's post "computer help"
well if it was fans, shouldnt the noise be all the time? and yah it just started happening one day for no reason and ive been doing the same things ive done before too so yah
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

iceman887

Posted 2003-12-09, 12:37 AM in reply to iceman887's post "computer help"
It could be your computer starts to overheat and the fans go into overdrive... I don't think its the harddrive...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-12-09, 06:11 AM in reply to iceman887's post "computer help"
well i check my temperature a lot and the highest it ever goes is like 49 celcius which is at like 120 or so fahrenheit and that is much less than my brothers which has gone to like 60 celcius and someone even said its like a good temperature
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

iceman887

Posted 2003-12-10, 05:25 PM in reply to iceman887's post "computer help"
Is there a CD in the CDROM?
Have you checked to see if a wire/cord could be on the fan?
How full is your hard drive?
Is your computer level?

I'm guessing that it is the fan. Either the system fan or processor fan, whatever. It may be dirty (as e-p said) or there might be a wire on it (which causes it to buzz) but you said that it doesn't do it all the time so maybe you should clean it and see if that fixes it.

You can also go onto www.pcmods.com and get some equipment for sound reduction. Like 6 bucks, easy to put in.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2003-12-10, 07:35 PM in reply to iceman887's post "computer help"
Our old comp makes a clanking sound in one of the power supply exhaust fans when it's first booting up.

And I wouldn't just muffle the sound... if you don't fix it something will probably break (if it's a processor fan you = screwed)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-12-10, 09:55 PM in reply to iceman887's post "computer help"
No, he just needs to buy a new one and install it...===
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-12-11, 06:30 AM in reply to iceman887's post "computer help"
yes theres a cd in my cd drive
dont know if wire is on fan because i cant open it without turning it off because my cords are not long enough
my harddrive is about 55 percent full 80gb now 50 gb
what you mean is my computer level
and why would sound reduction do anything, i would rather have it fixed than just make it go away and also if it was the fan and the wire would it stop making noise for a little bit and make noise again? like stop and start?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

iceman887

Posted 2003-12-11, 08:52 AM in reply to iceman887's post "computer help"
it probably is the cd rom reading the cd,especially if you have a fast cd rom drive.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2003-12-12, 03:00 AM in reply to iceman887's post "computer help"
No, I don't think he's stupid enough to not be able to tell the difference...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez