Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

New Look
Posted 2005-08-16, 02:07 PM
After about 6 months of a nice home-made beige I've decided to use a professionally made template for my site, editing most of the images for my own use, and changing the layout of a few things.

It's gone from:

www.lennylendrum.freeservers.com/Home.htm

to:

http://lenlen.tollfreepage.com/ineffable/

Just wondering what you think of it, and whether I should stick with what I've currently got or the new look.

All that can be found at
http://lenlen.tollfreepage.com/ineffable/ is the homepage. And that is far from complete. I need to change the widths of a few things to get it to fit on the page without the bottom scrollbar (if no-one else gets the bottom scrollbar, it's because I'm on 800 x 600), and link everything up, not to mention creating new images for each page and putting content on those pages.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-16, 02:28 PM in reply to Lenny's post "New Look"
I definately like the "wholeness" feel. I don't like how it doesn't stretch all the way across the screen (neither of them do). I'm running 1024x768, and it look like you only have it set up to full-screen for 800x600.

Other than that, thumbs up to the good improvement.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-08-16, 02:35 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "I definately like the "wholeness" feel...."
All down to the fact I'm running 800 x 600...where it stretches off the screen...

I know what you mean though, it annoys me whenever I'm on a computer running 1024 x 768.

Someone ought to make an Internet Browser that adapts pages for your monitor.

Talking about adapting the pages for montior, yada yada, your last bit of the first paragraph implies that there is a way to make a page full screen for any resolution?

Quote:
and it look like you only have it set up to full-screen for 800x600.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-16, 03:20 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "All down to the fact I'm running 800 x..."
I'm running in 1280 x 1024 and I see your fullscreen problem. Also get a header(?) to show what's up in the window bar, all it says now is untitled document.

You can put the content in the center cant you? With some <div_align=center> or whatever it was, I cant remember, it's been a long time since I last used xhtml. It's definitely possible though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2005-08-16, 03:32 PM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "I'm running in 1280 x 1024 and I see..."
I'm gonna make the page title: "The Ineffable Lenny" like on the old site.

As for the content being centred...which bit?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-16, 03:52 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'm gonna make the page title: "The..."
Like all of it, instead of layout starting from the left, have it all centred. Hmm but I think div align=center wont fix that... Sorry, just forget about me commenting, I'm pretty useless here.

damnit I cant believe I used to build sites and even got a 90% for it in class... THAT WAS ONLY 9 MONTHS AGO! I tend to forget some things so fast, it's ridiculous.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2005-08-16, 04:09 PM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "Like all of it, instead of layout..."
I like left to right.

And you're mostly right about div align = centre thingy...just needs to be put before each bit of text and closed afterwards.

<div_align=centre>Ooh look at me! I'm a Lennycat!!</div> or so on...I use the easy option and let a program do it for me...

Lazy bastard...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-17, 09:19 AM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "Like all of it, instead of layout..."
So that's what you mean by left to right...that's terrible!

Right, I'm ognna centre it and upload it. Tell me thenif it's centred for you. I'll try and work out the rest in a bit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-17, 10:09 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "So that's what you mean by left to..."
Lenny said:
So that's what you mean by left to right...that's terrible!

Right, I'm ognna centre it and upload it. Tell me thenif it's centred for you. I'll try and work out the rest in a bit.
Yes, that's what I meant, it looks much better now, good job!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2005-08-17, 12:41 PM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "Yes, that's what I meant, it looks much..."
I like the new look. Much "cleaner".

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-08-17, 05:11 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "I like the new look. Much..."
Hmmm...

I'm not too sure about the way it pops up in the middle of the beige/yellow background when on 1024 x 768 resolution.

Is there any way to set up a page so that it is full sized on all resolutions? I'm thinking probably not...but lack of sleep at midnight can do this type of thing to a person...

Edit: 
I think I type slightly better at this time...I end up typing slower because of the fatigue and so on...

God! Up for another hour waiting for someone from the damned RSPCA coming from somewhere two hours away...I'm feeding someones cats...well they're strays actually...and one is in a really bad shape. From it's mid-back area down seems paralysed. Poor thing.

Talking about cats, did you know that cat owners live longer than dog owners? Bleugh...how I hate dogs...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-22, 08:23 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "I like the new look. Much..."
Right, I've uploaded the whole of the new site.

Could someone/people with 1024 x 768 resolution check it out and make sure everything is centred etc?

Thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-09-08, 05:58 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Right, I've uploaded the whole of the..."
Sorry to tell you, but nothing is centered for me.

It is still aligned to the left of the page/screen.
"why I've gotta be one of the cool kids just to walk by/
- without being tripped, thrown down on the ground and kicked/
Insulting me for no reason, I was treated like shit/
The teachers let it happen/
I've even seen some of them teachers laughing/
That's why I had a smile on my face when I started blastin/" - Ill Bill - The Anatomy of a School Shooting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Original Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOriginal Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Original Sin

Posted 2005-09-08, 09:33 AM in reply to Original Sin's post starting "Sorry to tell you, but nothing is..."
It's centred on my computer. I use internet explorer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2005-09-08, 10:20 AM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "It's centred on my computer. I use..."
I'm using one called Maxthon.

What are you using Sinny baby?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny