Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

What Languages do you know?
Posted 2004-05-08, 04:40 PM
What scripting languages does everybody know?

I know:

Advanced HTML
Basic PHP
Basic C++
A tiny bit of Visual Basic (im workin on this one right now)
Never Winter Nights script. LOL
and some Javascript.

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Arbitus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenArbitus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Arbitus

Posted 2004-05-08, 05:21 PM in reply to Arbitus's post "What Languages do you know?"
True Basic - im ok at it
LOGO - shitty but i know some
Java - horrible but i know a little code
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-05-08, 08:20 PM in reply to Arbitus's post "What Languages do you know?"
C
Perl
Python
Java
Assembly (a good bit of it...still learning though)

and bits and pieces of many other languages
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-05-08, 08:33 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "C Perl Python Java Assembly (a..."
Thats alot for a 13 year old.

I know the basics of visual basic, html, java, c++ and some weird language we are doing in computer class now. It might be assembly, its done in Ms-Dos.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2004-05-09, 06:01 PM in reply to Arbitus's post "What Languages do you know?"
I know some HTML/ASP - I am working on it. have a website that is pretty basic. I dont care for coding all that much

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-05-09, 08:57 PM in reply to Arbitus's post "What Languages do you know?"
HTML
C/C++
Visual Basic
PHP
English
Chinese
and I can usually self teach and decipher most languages.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-05-09, 09:46 PM in reply to Arbitus's post "What Languages do you know?"
There is a difference between scripting and a language, any who...

Langs:
C++
VB
Java(haven't coded it in a year)

Scripting:
PHP
HTML
Flash Action Script
NWN Script
Some JavaScript

I plan to learn ASP
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2004-05-09, 09:50 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "There is a difference between scripting..."
English...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-05-10, 02:23 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "There is a difference between scripting..."
ASP doesn't seem to be that hard. It appears to almost HTML. I may not have dove deep enuff into it yet to find big differences.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-05-10, 03:05 PM in reply to Arbitus's post "What Languages do you know?"
Scripting:
PHP
ASP
Tcl

Programming:
C
C++
x86 Assembly
PIC Assembly
Pascal
BASIC
Quick BASIC
TI 85/86 programming

I also know some JavaScript, and used to know Casio calculator programming. I know HTML and CSS, though they are neither Scripting nor programming languages.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-05-10, 03:27 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Scripting: PHP ASP Tcl ..."
I just consider HTML scripting, and I consider CSS part of HTML.

I want to learn asm, but not till I am really good with C++
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2004-05-10, 03:52 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "I just consider HTML scripting, and I..."
HTML (not really a programming language) and some Basic, but not much. I want to learn more, but I haven't had tons of time lately. Maybe I will over the summer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Neko is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNeko is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Neko

Posted 2004-05-11, 06:59 AM in reply to Acer's post starting "I just consider HTML scripting, and I..."
Then you do not understand them. HTML is not scripting, because does not allow variable content; without the help of scripting, HTML cannot change its output. HTML does not describe the process of rendering a document; it describes what the rendered document looks like. Saying the HTML is scripting is like saying that a RTF or TXT file is scripting. HTML is simply a document markup language. CSS is not part of HTML. While it was designed for use with HTML, it is a separate entity with a separate evolution.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-05-11, 10:57 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Then you do not understand them. HTML..."
I am not saying it is scripting... im just saying I put it in with scripting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2004-05-15, 08:27 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "I am not saying it is scripting... im..."
Scripting:
ASP---50%
PHP---80%
ActionScript---95%
JavaScript---95%
ColdFusion Markup Language---95%
XML---75%
MaxScript---10%
HTML---110%

Programming:
Visual Basic---90%
C & C++---50%
Java---25%
ASM---25%
Cobal---10%
Pascal---10%

The 10% languages mean I know a few of the rules of thier algorithms but not practiced much though. Just advice to anyone interested...learn C++ and you will easily pick up any scripting or programming language, its just a matter of a few new key words with the exception of Mark-Up languages. My favorite of all the above is ActionScript integrated with XML...its really neat what the 2 together can do, like Chat rooms in Flash and really neat online experiences derive from them...really worth learning.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pr0grammer is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPr0grammer is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pr0grammer

Posted 2004-05-17, 07:24 AM in reply to Pr0grammer's post starting "Scripting: ASP---50%..."
Learning C may help you learn programming languages, but learning to write programs in assembly will help you to understand the computer you are programming.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired