Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Anyone have a WoW horde priest 1-60 guide?
Posted 2007-04-18, 07:40 AM
KA gave me a general horde 1-60 guide, but since my priest is not yet at the level where she can kill with any sort of efficiency, this is mostly resulting in death and bringing in my high-level mage to nuke road-blocks. Does anyone have a good guide tailored to priests?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-18, 08:13 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Anyone have a WoW horde priest 1-60..."
Well, you could try finding a mage and doing some aoe grinding, as far as guides I don't have any for priests.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-04-18, 08:25 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Anyone have a WoW horde priest 1-60..."
WetWired said:
KA gave me a general horde 1-60 guide, but since my priest is not yet at the level where she can kill with any sort of efficiency, this is mostly resulting in death and bringing in my high-level mage to nuke road-blocks. Does anyone have a good guide tailored to priests?
You'd probably be better off just leveling like you normally would, or play a different type of character that can follow my guide. My guess would be the following characters could do it with some sort of ease:

Hunter
Warrior
Rogue
Druid
Paladin
Mage
Warlock
Shaman

Priests SHOULD be able to do it, but at low levels they really don't have all that much killing power. And druids wouldn't be able to follow my guide because for some reason mulgore and tirisfal aren't included in the file I have and gave you, and I'm fairly certain Druids have to level in mulgore, else they have to run back to mulgore for all their druid quests and every 2 levels to train skills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-18, 08:49 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You'd probably be better off just..."
Well the druid quests don't start untill level 10, when you'd be out of Mulgore anyway, and it's only 1s from Orgrimmar to Thunder Bluff.

Speaking of class quests, when did they change the race-specific priest spells from quests to normal training?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-18, 09:04 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Well the druid quests don't start..."
WetWired said:
Well the druid quests don't start untill level 10, when you'd be out of Mulgore anyway, and it's only 1s from Orgrimmar to Thunder Bluff.

Speaking of class quests, when did they change the race-specific priest spells from quests to normal training?
OK well have fun flying from org to TB at level 4 and level 6 and level 8 and level 10 to train your new skills because there isn't a druid trainer in org.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-18, 12:57 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Well the druid quests don't start..."
WetWired said:

The quicker you want to level the more efficiently you want to use your time. Flying here and there once in a while isn't a big deal, but all the time like that adds onto your total time like a bitch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-18, 04:45 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "The quicker you want to level the more..."
There's not really much of a guide, except to properly spec in the Shadow tree. I'd be looking at something similar to this as a goal levelling up:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=rxMhkhhZbZgMGtMzRhtxo

It's kinda of a clusterfuck build, but it's mainly geared toward PvE grinding, so it skips all the crap that debuffs giving increased damage as they're never on long enough to make a difference while grinding. I basically would focus on doing more damage efficiently (less mana spent and regen) with added +shadow damage than worrying about wasting time spamming up a mob with Rank 1 Pains to get bigger numbers on your screen, heh.

Other than that, just quest normally.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-18, 05:42 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "There's not really much of a guide,..."
As far as talents go, I have that figured out. The current PvE spec of my other priest is
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...10251103051051 , and it works really well. Shadow weaving is actually quite usefull, as you'll usually have it maxed out by the end. Improved VE, on the other hand, is not, because you'll be keeping yourself sheilded and not take any damage anyway. Shadow power is an interesting choice, but I choose misery because Shadow power only effects those two spells, where misery effects everything. Your critical is only +50%, so basicly +7.5% on maybe half your damage vs 5% on all your damage...

In any case, my issue is the relative lack of power untill I get my key talents (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...10000000000000) compared to the power the guide expects you to have.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-18, 06:11 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "As far as talents go, I have that..."
I had found on my Priest when levelling, Shadow Weaving was stupid as the mob was often dead before I had a full 5 stacks on it, which is why I left it and Misery off.

They're mainly PvP or PvE raiding talents because the total damage increase they give you grinding is quite pathetic.

Improved VE was mainly a filler, I'm at work doing this so I wasn't wholly concentrating, the points would be better spent in something like Blackout or more Shadow Affinity (although with 6% you should have little trouble with resists).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-18, 06:37 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I had found on my Priest when..."
Even if only 1 were on it, that's 3%. Misery gives you the whole thing immediately, so I don't see what that has to do with anything. In any case, in combination, that's an 8% damage increase just by putting up SW:P; I don't see why you'd want to miss out on that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-18, 06:45 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Even if only 1 were on it, that's 3%. ..."
WetWired said:
Even if only 1 were on it, that's 3%. Misery gives you the whole thing immediately, so I don't see what that has to do with anything. In any case, in combination, that's an 8% damage increase just by putting up SW:P; I don't see why you'd want to miss out on that.
I misread Misery then. Also, Shadow Weaving is being nerfed next patch to 2/4/6/8/10%.

I usually would go for things that would keep my downtime to a minimum versus getting a small damage boost while grinding. It seems to be similar to how pointless Impale is for Warriors if you're Dual Wielding.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-18, 06:51 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I misread Misery then. Also, Shadow..."
Why not just level a better character? Why level a character that you already have, especially a priest?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-18, 07:20 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Why not just level a better character? ..."
I wish I had time to finish levelling my current 60's to 70.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-18, 09:14 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I wish I had time to finish levelling..."
I'm sure it wouldn't take you that much time...
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-04-18, 09:34 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "I'm sure it wouldn't take you that much..."
MightyJoe said:
I'm sure it wouldn't take you that much time...
Well, I'm doing it mostly via instancing to save the quests to make obscene amounts of gold when I hit 70.

My Rogue made it to 70 without questing past Terokkar, so he'll be funding my Warrior's Epic Flying mount quite well once I get time to do the quests.

Prolly this summer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-19, 11:27 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Anyone have a WoW horde priest 1-60..."
Never mind. I got fear and a wand, and things have reached critical mass now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-20, 04:31 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Never mind. I got fear and a wand, and..."
Priest is pretty basic to level, it just isn't a whole lot of fun unless a similar level Alliance player decides to come and play.

Shadow is ridiculous.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-20, 10:25 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Priest is pretty basic to level, it..."
Yeah, my first 60 was a priest. Spirit tap makes grinding ridiculous. You almost never have to stop and drink.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13

Posted 2007-05-05, 11:41 AM in reply to sue_13's post starting "Yeah, my first 60 was a priest. Spirit..."
This is how I leveled all of my priests.
Wand spec 5
Spirit tap 5
SWP 2
Shadow Focus 3
Respec
Spirit tap 5
SWP 2
Shadow Focus 3
Mindflay 1
Imp Mindblast 4
Shadow weaving 5
VE 1
IMP VE 2
Focused mind 2
Darkness 5
Shadowform 1
Shadow power 5
Misery 4
Vamp Touch 1
Wand spec 5
Improved shield 3
Improved Fort 2
Inner Focus 1
Meditation 3
Martyrdom 1
Mental Agility 5

This build is to decrease downtime and cost of all spells resulting in less down time.
Your spell order after VT should be..
VT
SWP
Mindflay
Mindflay
Mindflay
Wand

Sometimes you can swap out the wand for a mindblast if your gear has enough spirit on it or you have alot of mage waters. This was an effective build for me PVE leveling as well as for PVP while leveling.
I specced holy untill I was high enough for shadow form then I went shadow but I also leveled as shadow priest this way (before vt) For levelign I just did instances and quests really, until I got to 53ish and me and a mage friend aoe grinded lumberjacks. If you can find a mage (Ice preferably) that plays often at the same times as you then your best bet would be to healbot them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2007-05-05, 11:58 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "This is how I leveled all of my..."
Vampiric touch costs more mana than it provides, solo. You'd need to be fighting something with 6000 health for it to pay for itself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired