Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Stupid kid thinks he's a sand ninja
Posted 2008-03-10, 03:05 PM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...uto-in-sandbox

el oh el.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-03-10, 03:11 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Stupid kid thinks he's a sand ninja"
In his defense, he was 10. If a teenager did it, it'd be funnier.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-03-10, 03:22 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "In his defense, he was 10. If a..."
lol

I can't wait for otakus to start yelling about Naruto being anime, not a cartoon.

It's a cartoon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-03-10, 05:19 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "lol I can't wait for otakus to start..."
Naruto is anime.

What are you talking about?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-03-10, 05:27 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "lol I can't wait for otakus to start..."
Yeah I'm not following you either.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-03-10, 08:09 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Yeah I'm not following you either."
Anime is japanese animation.

Animation drawn or rendered in 2d is traditionally called a cartoon.

:/ There are some people who treat calling anime anything else taboo.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-03-10, 09:48 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Anime is japanese animation. ..."
Well it's anime. I don't see where the confusion is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-03-11, 10:17 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Anime is japanese animation. ..."
Atnas said:
Anime is japanese animation.

Animation drawn or rendered in 2d is traditionally called a cartoon.

:/ There are some people who treat calling anime anything else taboo.
It's the same as a japanese comic being called manga. You can't go to Japan and call their manga comics, and you can't call American comics manga.

American made - cartoon.
Japanese made - anime.

Simple?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-03-11, 01:45 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "It's the same as a japanese comic being..."
He died in the hospital.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...uto-in-sandbox

I'm expecting the next releated article to be something about the horrors of anime or a lawsuit against viz.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2008-03-11, 02:21 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "It's the same as a japanese comic being..."
Grаν¡tоnЅurgе said:
It's the same as a japanese comic being called manga. You can't go to Japan and call their manga comics, and you can't call American comics manga.

American made - cartoon.
Japanese made - anime.

Simple?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animated_cartoon#Anime

I agree Naruto is an anime. I never said it wasn't. It's a cartoon, though. Kind of like how Catholics are Christians. It's a denomination.

They might want gootube to take down even more anime.

Last edited by Atnas; 2008-03-11 at 02:58 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2008-03-12, 06:07 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animated_ca..."
I wonder who wrote that article, because it doesn't really make sense.

1. Funny animals
2. Zany humor
7. Anime?

Quote:
Word usage

In Japan, the term does not specify an animation's nation of origin or style; instead, it is used as a blanket term to refer to all forms of animation from around the world.[11][12] In English, dictionary sources define anime as "a Japanese style of motion-picture animation" or "a style of animation developed in Japan".[13] Non-Japanese works that borrow stylization from anime is commonly referred to as "anime-influenced animation" but it is not unusual for a viewer who doesn't know the country of origin of such material to refer to it as simply "anime".
I guess it's just a dumb discussion to have, though. Call it a cartoon if you like, but it's like calling a French baguette a sub roll.

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2008-03-12 at 06:09 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-03-12, 03:00 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I wonder who wrote that article,..."
That was one stupid kid! "Drown me in sand! I wanna be a sand ninja when i grow up!" Sound smart to you?
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-03-12, 03:27 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I wonder who wrote that article,..."
Quote:
That was one stupid kid! "Drown me in sand! I wanna be a sand ninja when i grow up!" Sound smart to you?
Yeah kids are pretty stupid.

Last edited by Atnas; 2008-03-12 at 03:29 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2008-03-15, 07:00 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Yeah kids are pretty stupid. :rolleyes:"
poorly formed frontal lobe :P
Still, Who would do that?
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-03-15, 09:12 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "poorly formed frontal lobe :P Still,..."
The main part about it is he went in headfirst. That was the unintelligent part about all of this. If he had gone in feet first, he'd probably not even gone to the hospital.

Another thing, I've watched Naruto up till the episode that just came out (Episode 50 of Naruto Shippuuden) and I don't recall a move that ever involved a dunk into sand headfirst. In fact I don't remember a dunk for that matter. If only kids were born smarter now-a-days. *sigh*

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-03-15, 11:27 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "The main part about it is he went in..."
If he didn't go head first, by the time he was drowning in sand, they might not have been able to get him out...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-03-16, 08:31 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "If he didn't go head first, by the time..."
It was a foot of sand, IIRC.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2008-03-16, 02:35 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "It was a foot of sand, IIRC."
It is not that hard to get out of a foot of sand unless you are the one in it. Even then it is pretty easy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-03-16, 02:39 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "It is not that hard to get out of a..."
A foot of sand isn't very much, yes, but if the sand was compacted, then it would be harder.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-03-16, 09:37 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "The main part about it is he went in..."
I've burried my feet in sand before without going to the hospital. Then again, I am pretty awesome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood