Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Kino's Journey
Posted 2008-02-17, 02:12 PM

I'm not an avid Anime watcher - I like to watch, but I rarely ever sit down and actually watch something. Sad, I know.

Anyway, my brother got the complete series box set of Kino's Journey on Christmas. I decided I'd pop it into my new PC. It's amazing. I know it's kind of old, but if you haven't seen it already, please do. It's an interesting anime, with thirteen episodes and a nice art style. I'm definitely not an expert, but I really like this one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-04-14, 01:43 PM in reply to Atnas's post "Kino's Journey"
What is it about Atnas?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-04-14, 05:59 PM in reply to Coffeedagger's post starting "What is it about Atnas?"
Kino is a traveler and she basically just travels through the world, meeting various people and having various adventures. Pretty simple concept which allowed for a variety of interesting situations and made it just plain fun to watch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-04-14, 06:13 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Kino is a traveler and she basically..."
is it the real world or another world? what kind of person is the main character?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-04-15, 01:42 PM in reply to Coffeedagger's post starting "is it the real world or another world?..."
It's another world, where there are isolated countries (or rather, a country in this world is a city), so it's pretty interesting to see how each isolated culture has developed, and their relations with the other countries.

Kino's a great character, you'll have to watch it. I'm not quite sure how I'd exactly describe her. She's good willed and appears very introverted from the outside.

I have the box set a few feet away from me, I could get my brother to lend it to you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2008-04-15, 02:04 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "It's another world, where there are..."
no its fine it'd be easier to watch it online anyway : )

thanks for the recomendation i'll add it to my summer anime list
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-04-15, 02:40 PM in reply to Coffeedagger's post starting "no its fine it'd be easier to watch it..."
: ) Gurren Lagann had better be on there. Just because you think it might not be as good as FLCL doesn't mean you shouldn't watch it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2008-04-15, 09:18 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting ": ) Gurren Lagann had better be on..."
Code Geass > Kino's Lesbian Experience for sure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-16, 01:47 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Code Geass > Kino's Lesbian Experience..."
lol its funny you say that willkill my friend JUST told me no less than an hour ago that code geass is awesome.

well gurren lagen i guess is there but its not at the top by a long shot sry i've got alot of others on my list.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-05-01, 10:21 AM in reply to Coffeedagger's post starting "lol its funny you say that willkill my..."
Kino's Journey is one of my favourites.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm