Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Britain's Got Talent 2009
Posted 2009-06-01, 01:10 PM
Just throwing it out there to discuss.

Anyone here follows this series before 2009? I've been quite a fan since the 2007 actually, but back then I didn't watch all the auditions. This year however I pretty much watched every audition plus Britain's Got More Talent hosted by Stephen Mulhern.

When Susan Boyle first came to fame, everyone thought she was going to win the whole show, but at the end it seemed that things were not that easy.

I was actually quite impressed by the finalist lineup this year, because they were really good. But I think aside from talent, it matters a lot how the performers want to position them as in the competition.

Looking at Stavros Flatley, the comedy dancers.. personally I just don't get the appeal of it. It did make me laugh, but, just how did it get 16.3% of the popular vote, just 0.1% shy of the Saxophonist Julian Smith?

Then again, I didn't expect Julian to get 16.4% either.

I think the reason might be the people were trying to vote for something different, after seeing so many singers and dancers, they refuse to vote for another one.

Then there's the thing about people performing the same act again in the final, and then not having the same level of performance as the first time.

For example, Shuan Smith singing "Ain't no Sunshine" during the audition really touched me (and he looked great), but when he sang it in the final, the feeling was weaker.

And I think that's also the problem with Susan Boyle. The expectation for her was really really high, and did she live up to it? Maybe, but did she exceed expectation? Probably not. When she first sang "I dreamed a dream," it felt like she was singing the story of her life.. in that she did have a dream but could never realize it. But when that was sung again during the final, that feeling was gone, for me at least. Her dream was realized, and she's already living in it. So it lost that magic touch, at least for some people.

Unlike the dance group Diversity which produced an entirely different creative act each time they perform. Not to mention that kid was super cute, and got thrown around.

So now they say Susan Boyle is currently hospitalized.

For those who follow the series, thoughts?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2009-06-02, 04:55 AM in reply to Senesia's post "Britain's Got Talent 2009"
I've never watched it personally, but it was entertaining to hear that Susan Boyle had to go to a mental hospital after losing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood