Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

How will my zerk barb fare?
Posted 2005-05-02, 09:06 AM
hmm? HMM?

He uses ebotd cb. 6.6k-13k zerk damage dual wield. 9k Single handed. =D =D =D =D =D.

All vita build. Ill probably have 45 block wif items when done. (for stormhield)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-05-02, 09:37 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "How will my zerk barb fare?"
ive come to relieve without max block true melee pk'ers will laugh @ you...ive never made a character with max block cause never understood the your block rate is under your defence not what you shield has >_<...but i would just through the maybe 50 dex points into it to get block rate up there...other then that i dont see why it wouldnt be teh 1337z3r
to my heart soul and the being in which i am i love you megan

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zygoat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzygoat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zygoat

Posted 2005-05-02, 12:18 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "How will my zerk barb fare?"
I think that you will need to wield a shield because without it you will get hit EVERY single time becuase when ever you swing with Zerk you defence goes to 0. With a Botd Zerker your range will be 3. Also zerker barbs have a hard time hitting anything but melee becuase it has a slow animation. Not sure of the rest of your equipment but i think enigma would be the best armor to allow you to get close enough to hit anyone except tele whores.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-05-02, 12:41 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "I think that you will need to wield a..."
what is the range thing, i see people talking about it???

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zygoat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzygoat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zygoat

Posted 2005-05-02, 05:32 PM in reply to zygoat's post starting "what is the range thing, i see people..."
Okay.

Lets convert actual gaming few inches into a milimeter.

With a zerker, you can WW and hit them being 10 milimeters away. With a CB you can do like being 15 milimeters away. The advantage? You can hit a Zerker WWer 5 milimeters before the zerker wwer can hit you.

Atleast thats what i assume. Its not 100% accurate, probabaly not even 10% accurate, but who knows.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2005-05-02, 09:01 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Okay. Lets convert actual gaming few..."
It may not be accurate in distance, but that's the basic concept.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-05-02, 09:09 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "It may not be accurate in distance, but..."
ok so if, 2 ww'ers ww'd at each other the one with the cb would hit the other first? could you just guestamate the range on the length of the weapon?

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zygoat

Posted 2005-05-02, 09:21 PM in reply to zygoat's post starting "ok so if, 2 ww'ers ww'd at each other..."
Eh, it's hard to say in length of, say, pixels. But slaynish has a pretty good idea, if you both WW at each other, the longer weapon length would most likely hit first.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-05-02, 11:38 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "I think that you will need to wield a..."
He has a shield....

Wif arreats + 2x near P ravens (20 dext each) he has max block. The 45 block was a random guess. Didn't think i'd have as much dext as I did.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-05-02, 11:40 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Okay. Lets convert actual gaming few..."
I do think ebotd cb has bigger range, but that's not the reason I chose it. I didn't even take it into consideration.

OriginallY I was going to use EBOTD tunder maul. MASSIVE zerk damage, but no block and its slow.

I decided to go with CB because it can be held in one OR two hands. Sure it's damage isnt as high, but IMO its better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2005-05-05, 06:54 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I do think ebotd cb has bigger range,..."
Actually you are both wrong and right Sov. When using a CB in two hands it has a range of 5, but when using it in only one hand it has a Range of 3 which is the same as a EBOTD Zerker. 3 is the highest 1 handed range. and 5 is the range of two handed weapons. well i guess minus bows which have insane range. I also still think that you might want to consider putting some more into dex due to the fact that i dont think you realize how often melee will hit a barb when they have 0 defence from zerk.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005