Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

Post Paladins
Posted 2003-11-11, 10:15 PM
Has anyone been in a dueling game latley and noticed how paladins are owning uncontrolably... Even barbs are getting pwned... This is madness.

Most of the attacks i've seen are smite
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2003-11-11, 10:19 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Paladins"
Umm well my pally has been doing better in my duels.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2003-11-11, 10:42 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Paladins"
Well the thing is pally are part of char that arnt depending on any items. They also can achieve stats higher then any other char. (Def, Resist ,Attack Speed,Attack Ratting, Damage).

The thing is there isnt lot of ppl that get many godly items on there dueling char !
Once we see higher runeword and best unique we will see other classes own as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-12, 03:25 AM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Paladins"
The one class I don't expect to pwn in current version is the WW Barb...
They kinda got the beatdown when it came to the patch...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2003-11-12, 05:16 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Paladins"
Yes very badly, but my east ladder barb is coming back, just have to have a few tricks up your ass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-11-12, 06:11 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Paladins"
Well tele+ww can be good.

I been dueling some paly in normal the problem is if they hit me with charge.
My fireball are doing huge dmg and i got 140% faster cast rate so a few fireball will kill a paly even if they have 75% resist+
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-14, 10:05 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Paladins"
i just need to know how to smite faster, and make my smite stronger, i was thinking of Ber Shako and enigma and shit like that, but i need to know more!

i saw a paladin using some kind of cystal sword or phase blade with shako smiting crazyness... does anyone have any info or a guide for a very good expensive smite-a-din
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2003-11-14, 10:44 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Paladins"
It was probably a 6 socket phase with 6 shaels in it and a 15 IAS jewel in the shako along with the rest of his sockitible gear. Not positive just an assumption.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2003-11-14, 11:47 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Paladins"
Most people use Silence Phase Blade for smiting, because it has -30 base speed (On Phase), +2 skills, and all resists on the rune word.

Some would choose a Silence Zerker over Phase for the Range 3 Smite (instead of a range 2).

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-11-15, 01:11 AM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Paladins"
Damn senesia, you always help me

thank you

heres what i was thinking for a build

Ber Shako
Enigma Armor
Perf String
1 bul kathos
1 raven spiral
imp shanks
venom grip
Silence Zerker
Exile (don't know which shield) OR Ethreal Zak with Zod
39 vita charms with other mods
1 Anhillius charm

Last edited by -=Rico-GP=-; 2003-11-15 at 03:52 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2003-11-15, 04:23 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Paladins"
any feedback from that build? i want to make myself as leet as possible
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2003-11-15, 04:39 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Paladins"
Upgraded Eth Zak Shield.

Well, I haven't checked the different in damage between the excep and elite, but the +2 pally and +2 combat will make Zak shield the shield-to-go.

If you are going to purely smite (Well...I don't know.), you won't need Raven Spiral, because you can't leech anyway. Put on another BK ring for the +1 skill. For charms, you might want several combat GC with 40 life to increase the smite damage further.

One thing, the CB in venomgrip will work on smite, but again, no leech, no poison damage or anything. You might want to use a Bloodfist for more life, and FHR.

I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-11-15, 05:21 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Paladins"
mmm, sounds good. I was also thinking replacing the string with a Verdungo's Hearty Cord. adds vita instead of leech, since i can't leech. plus 10% faster hit recovery. and instead of blood firsts,
Steelrend Ogre Gauntlets?
Defense: 232-281 (Base Defense: 62-71)
Required Level: 70
Required Strength: 185
Durability: 24
+170-210 Defense (varies)
+30-60% Enhanced Damage(varies)
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
+15-20 To Strength (varies)

Last edited by -=Rico-GP=-; 2003-11-15 at 06:07 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2003-11-15, 05:27 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Paladins"
hmm... im also thinking about the silence thing, i just saw another smite-a-din own and i managed to take a pic of him, check it out:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2003-11-16, 04:22 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Paladins"
Rico-GP What's your username or charachter names on realms where you saw the paladin? ^.^ It's a silence phase. I'm practically positive. It's also got IAS I believe. The +skills are a huge bonus because they increase your smite damage through both smite AND holy shield. Also what were the charachter names of these two ever so amazing smiting paladins you saw? That particular paladin in your screenshot is very likely pre-patch. I see most smiters using Doom ettin axe these days. I don't particularly like it for smite however, because it's attack is a bit on the SLOW side.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ShadwDrgn is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShadwDrgn is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ShadwDrgn

Posted 2003-11-16, 05:05 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Paladins"
his name was Storm something and i got a good look at his gear.

He was using ethreal exile Sacred Rondache, Cham'ed Shako, Highlords, 2 bul kathos rings, string, Dracul's Grasp vampire bone gloves, Ik boots, Silence Phase, and Enigma Armor

Last edited by -=Rico-GP=-; 2003-11-16 at 05:08 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2003-11-16, 05:38 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Paladins"
Senesia said:
Some would choose a Silence Zerker over Phase for the Range 3 Smite (instead of a range 2).
Rico-GP, concerning you PM, I might just as well reply it in here.

With a Zerker, you will need ~60% IAS in order to reach a 6fpa Smite. (In a Silence Zerker case, you need 40% IAS from other sources.)

With a Phase Blade, you will need ~15% IAS to reach 6fpa Smite, and a Silence Phase has already accomplished that, therefore, no further IAS will be needed.

In both cases, I am assuming that you have lv 20 Fanaticism turned on.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-11-16, 11:04 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Paladins"
thank you
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2003-11-20, 12:23 AM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Paladins"
what was the name of the pally in the picture? i assume you are on west b/c of imp shaks

Last edited by blckshdwdragon; 2003-11-21 at 12:12 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2003-11-21, 11:34 AM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Paladins"
The guy in the Picture was named Tornado-Din, and the guy who was using all the godly items that i named was Stormshonor.

Stormshonor's smite damage was 2675 - 3561
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-=Rico-GP=-