Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

View Poll Results: Should D3V be unbanned?
No, he's a detriment to the community. 4 20.00%
No, his ban was justified. 2 10.00%
Yes, he contributes too much to lose. 9 45.00%
Yes, his ban was unjustified. 1 5.00%
I feel strongly about neither side. 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Should D3V be unbanned?

Posted 2008-07-09, 09:11 AM
Thanatos mentioned having a poll as to whether or not D3V should come back.

I assume this will work as much as the yawgmoth thread did, so feel free to express everything.

Closes in a week.

Last edited by Wed-G; 2008-07-09 at 09:14 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-07-09, 09:13 AM in reply to Wed-G's post "Should D3V be unbanned?"
I have no problem with D3v. However, it seems as though he has scared off some valuable members. I really do not know how or why, but I'd rather that not happen anymore -- so if he were to come back he'd need to not scare off peeps :P.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-07-09, 09:50 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I have no problem with D3v. However,..."
Willkillforfood said: [Goto]
However, it seems as though he has scared off some valuable members. I really do not know how or why, but I'd rather that not happen anymore -- so if he were to come back he'd need to not scare off peeps :P.

Taken from the other thread:

Thanatos said:
All I'm saying is this ban is trivial since he didn't drive anybody away. MJ left for personal reasons and Grav left because posting on a forum is immature and he's somehow above that. You're the only person that was going to leave because of D3V. You guys just need to squash your harsh feelings for each other because you're both some of my favorite posters on this board. Learn to get along. You can't argue that D3V is a contributing member in one way or another. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks that; yes he can be an enormous ass at times but I still think he's valued here.
So, in all reality, I don't think he scared anybody away.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-07-09, 10:02 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Taken from the other thread: So,..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
So, in all reality, I don't think he scared anybody away.
In the real reality, your facts are wrong.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-07-09, 10:05 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Taken from the other thread: So,..."
I personally don't really care whether he's unbanned or not. If he is unbanned however, it's my personal opinion that there should be a way for people who didn't want him back to be able to block his posts.

In fact, I think it'd be great to be able to block members' posts in general.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-07-09, 10:15 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I personally don't really care whether..."
Jessifer said: [Goto]
I personally don't really care whether he's unbanned or not. If he is unbanned however, it's my personal opinion that there should be a way for people who didn't want him back to be able to block his posts.

In fact, I think it'd be great to be able to block members' posts in general.
You're looking for this icon , which has been available for many, many years. Since vB3.0 days at least. And you could still block people before that. Right now, it appears when you mouse over the avatar area of a post by a non-staff member.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-07-09, 10:19 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I personally don't really care whether..."
I won't say the ban was unjustified. To use his own terminology, D3v can be a royal douchcanoe at times.

Nevertheless, on the subject of his being immature, I've found a number of the new members to be much less mature than D3v (obviously because they are younger than he) to the point where this forum is beginning to annoy me.

I miss the random news-related threads he perpetually started, which generally prompted long discussions.

Fuck it. Bring him back.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-07-09, 10:23 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "You're looking for this icon..."
Oh, well then...never mind. That's probably why I never noticed it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-07-09, 10:35 AM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "I won't say the ban was unjustified. ..."
Vault Dweller said: [Goto]
I won't say the ban was unjustified. To use his own terminology, D3v can be a royal douchcanoe at times.

Nevertheless, on the subject of his being immature, I've found a number of the new members to be much less mature than D3v (obviously because they are younger than he) to the point where this forum is beginning to annoy me.
I miss the random news-related threads he perpetually started, which generally prompted long discussions.

Fuck it. Bring him back.
What I've been saying for at least a month now. These forums are annoying, dude to the influx of young, immature members. It's actually stopping me from posting in threads because I don't want to be involved in childish spam.

Bottom line is this: He was a contributing member that was an asshole at times. But who isn't, honestly? We're all assholes at times, that's what makes this forum so great, IMO. Drama@Zelaron is hilarious.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-07-09, 10:38 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "You're looking for this icon..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
You're looking for this icon , which has been available for many, many years. Since vB3.0 days at least. And you could still block people before that. Right now, it appears when you mouse over the avatar area of a post by a non-staff member.
Which is also my point. If you don't like D3v, simply block him! That's what Medieval Bob did in the past. There's no reason to ban a contributing, valued member simply because you don't like him.

I have a feeling if KA wasn't part of the staff, D3V wouldn't be banned. And no I'm not blaming you or pointing fingers, it's just an observation.

!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
In the real reality, your facts are wrong.
I'm trying to be mature about this. You should do the same.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-07-09, 10:46 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "What I've been saying for at least a..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
Bottom line is this: He was a contributing member that was an asshole at times. But who isn't, honestly? We're all assholes at times, that's what makes this forum so great, IMO. Drama@Zelaron is hilarious.

QFT.

I'd like to see him back. D@Z is so much better with him, and he was a member who contributed a lot. Sure, he was a prick with the whole MJ saga, but I've never had trouble with him. You could argue that those who did have trouble with him exacerbated the situation by rising to his bait and not just Blocking him, which is something I suggested on a couple of occasion's.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-07-09, 12:13 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "I won't say the ban was unjustified. ..."
you mean me right
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-07-09, 01:39 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "you mean me right"
I didn't care for him to much.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-07-09, 01:56 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I didn't care for him to much."
i did he was a friend to me. he helped me when i first started out at zelaron and i would like him back
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-07-09, 06:02 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "i did he was a friend to me. he helped..."
I think it was justfied to ban him, but he should be unbanned and given another chance. Kinda like parole. If he breaks any rules again, he should be banned without any thought. It's as simple as that
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-07-09, 07:12 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I think it was justfied to ban him, but..."
Wallow said: [Goto]
I think it was justfied to ban him, but he should be unbanned and given another chance. Kinda like parole. If he breaks any rules again, he should be banned without any thought. It's as simple as that

That's just it though. He's been banned so many times for the same things. I don't think it should be expected for him to change, I would like to see others change and just ignore him.

I feel he's too much of an asset to the community to lose. Block him if you hate him, listen to him if you like him, and don't take ANY insult from him seriously, it's really that easy. He trolls so don't pay any attention to the negative side of him.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-07-09, 07:20 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "That's just it though. He's been banned..."
bring him back!
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2008-07-10, 04:25 AM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "bring him back!"
I honestly think he should be allowed back. If he tries to run off good people, like MJ (who never did shit to anyone) then he needs to be hit with the ban stick again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-07-10, 07:23 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I honestly think he should be allowed..."
Instead of losing 1 good member, we're losing 2 good members...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-07-10, 09:09 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Instead of losing 1 good member, we're..."
I find it funny how nobody has voted for "the ban was unjustified," but rather "he contributed too much."

Contributing a lot does not make one immune to the rules, especially when they are at the point that D3v was. Mjordan is not the only person who has left because of D3v. Slim left because of D3v way back. Medieval Bob said that D3v was a large part of why he left.

Like I've said before, I don't deny D3v contributed a lot, but he also did potentially a lot of harm that seems to be going unnoticed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!