Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

The Walking Dead Game
Posted 2013-02-12, 10:59 AM
One word. Amazing.

The story is fucking awesome. The gameplay is awesome and the decisions you have to make are hard and tailor your experience. Throughout the game you choose who to save and who to let die plus ALOT more.

It's just that good, and for $30 It's really really worth it.

Play. Now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2013-02-12, 11:02 AM in reply to kaos's post "The Walking Dead Game"
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. It's tolerable/mediocre at best. And I say that as a fan of both the graphic novel series and the TV series. It could have been much much better than they made it. I won't say it's bad, but it's really not a very good game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2013-02-12, 11:40 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm going to have to respectfully..."
Really? I'm in the beginning of episode 3 right now and I've been really into it. I hope it doesn't get shitty in the end.

I've been holding off on watching the newest season of the show until all the episodes come out and I go on a marathon or something, so this is what I've been doing for now. Playing it every few days to make it last.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2013-02-12, 12:31 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "Really? I'm in the beginning of episode..."
I didn't get through episode 2, so I can't say whether or not it gets better or worse. I suppose I went into it with high expectations. People told me that the decisions you make are the most important part of the game, but I never really felt like the decisions I was making had any significant effects. Beyond that, it's a simple (and very linear) puzzle solving game where there's a single solution. It's less complicated than some of the ancient King's Quest games, as far as that goes. To be honest, part of the reason I didn't like the game was because I felt like it was going to break from the "illusion" of choice that a lot of games have (where you are basically choosing between A and B, and any creative approach outside of A and B is not allowed or available).

To be honest, if they had just added a few more solutions to some of the problems, I probably would have enjoyed the game a lot more. For an example, the first scene in the game where you have to get the gun and the shell and take out officer walker after waking up in the squad car. There is only one way to complete this scene, and finding the ONE solution which is very obvious doesn't feel very rewarding. When I was playing, my first thought was to use the gun as a mace-type weapon (it causes significantly less noise than firing a gun). Unfortunately, what I wanted to do or thought would be smart to do was irrelevant, because there was only one way that scene can play out. This is true for pretty much every major part of the story. The decisions you make seem to have some effect on minor parts of the story (mostly, who will be accompanying you) but ultimately you're a slave to the narrative written by someone else.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2013-02-12 at 01:56 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2013-02-12, 05:01 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I didn't get through episode 2, so I..."
Damn, you're definitely right about that. I was pretty pissed Hershel's son dies anyway even though I chose to save him :/.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2013-02-18, 06:00 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "Damn, you're definitely right about..."
kaos said: [Goto]
Damn, you're definitely right about that. I was pretty pissed Hershel's son dies anyway even though I chose to save him :/.
That better not happen in the show. Spoilers

I'm more excited for this game:
BORKED

It has a linear story, but it seems to incorporate choice of combat and where you end up in the game pretty well. I'm a fan of these last survivor type games, so hopefully this one meets my expectations.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2013-02-18, 11:39 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "That better not happen in the show...."
I think Hershel's son does die in the show, but it really isn't much of a spoiler. Most of Hershel's family serve little-to-no purpose on the show, and his son is one of them. Maggie is the only one that I think has any serious connection the the bulk of the show, though one of his other younger daughters seems to be working her way in too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2013-02-19, 02:35 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I think Hershel's son does die in the..."
I had meant Rick's son. Confused them for some reason.

Hershel's son never made an appearance in the show except as a walker. He died with his mother during the outbreak.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2013-02-19, 02:57 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I had meant Rick's son. Confused them..."
Wallow said: [Goto]
I had meant Rick's son. Confused them for some reason.

Hershel's son never made an appearance in the show except as a walker. He died with his mother during the outbreak.
Ah, I was confusing one of his neighbors for his son (Jimmy). There was an episode where he wanted to help Rick and Rick asked him if Hershel was okay with it, so I assumed he was Hershel's son. TBH I didn't pay much attention to Hershel's family.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2013-02-19, 06:02 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Ah, I was confusing one of his..."
Playstation 4 is announced tomorrow, do not care. Has no cares.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2013-02-20, 05:42 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Playstation 4 is announced tomorrow, do..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Playstation 4 is announced tomorrow, do not care. Has no cares.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2013-02-20, 09:52 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "http://cdn11.mobilemag.com/wp-content/up..."
I wish it would look that badass. A touch screen controller would be great.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2013-02-21, 12:55 AM in reply to kaos's post starting "I wish it would look that badass. A..."
Fuck that, I need tactile response. Touch screens are bullshit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!