Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Anyone played Skyrim: Dragonborn?
Posted 2012-12-09, 05:49 PM
I'm curious how similar Solstheim is to the Morrowind version, and mostly just curious in general. This is the first expansion to add a significant landmass, so I'm looking forward to the PC release.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-12-09, 07:25 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Anyone played Skyrim: Dragonborn?"
WetWired said: [Goto]
I'm curious how similar Solstheim is to the Morrowind version, and mostly just curious in general. This is the first expansion to add a significant landmass, so I'm looking forward to the PC release.
They added landmass????
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-12-09, 08:24 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "They added landmass????"
Yes, they added Solstheim, a large island in the north which previously featured in Morrowind: Bloodmoon. This is the first time the same location has featured in two Elder Scrolls games since Arena (which had the whole continent), IIRC.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-12-10, 03:50 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Yes, they added Solstheim, a large..."
From the review, it looked okay. But not being able to control dragon mounts really takes away from riding dragons as far as DLC vs. Mods goes.

To be frank, Bethesda has done nothing but disappoint lately concerning the PS3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2012-12-10, 03:28 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "From the review, it looked okay. But..."
In what we can you not control them? I don't see how they could be called mounts unless there was some control.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2012-12-10, 04:03 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "In what we can you not control them? I..."
So you can't control their movements as Dragons are "autonomous."

You can only control who they attack and where they land, or where you fast travel to. But no free flying/roaming. In other words, you can't fly from one end of Skyrim to the other on a dragon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2012-12-11, 04:39 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "So you can't control their movements as..."
That's a disappointment, but given the fact that Odahviing most certainly did NOT show me the world through the eyes of a dovah, I'm not surprised.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-12-15, 09:13 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "That's a disappointment, but given the..."
I'm sure modders will be able to change that. I haven't played yet obviously because I have the game for PC.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2012-12-16, 04:13 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Anyone played Skyrim: Dragonborn?"
I have it downloaded and am still working my way through it

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2012-12-17, 06:59 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "I have it downloaded and am still..."
I just want it so it adds something else to the game.
I've played Skyrim for so long that I'm pretty sure I've explored everything on the map.
I'm just down to making myself nearly invincible.

Perhaps right about now Oblivion merits a buy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2012-12-17, 09:33 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I just want it so it adds something..."
I look forward to the day that it comes out on PC. I got the other DLC as soon as twas out on PC before and was disappointed. I'm hoping this changes it because I still like playing the game.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-12-17, 11:37 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I look forward to the day that it comes..."
The vampire DLC was actually pretty good. The home building DLC was meh. I really hope someone writes a mod that builds on it to create something much better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2012-12-18, 08:31 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "The vampire DLC was actually pretty..."
Homebuilding.... I liked the default house in winterhold anyways.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2013-01-14, 05:41 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Anyone played Skyrim: Dragonborn?"
When the heck is this coming out for PC?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2013-01-14, 08:54 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "When the heck is this coming out for PC?"
Lose all expectations of even a release date. The Bethesda Development team is just a bunch of weiners with false promises.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2013-01-16, 10:57 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Lose all expectations of even a release..."
Latest conversation with Pete Hines, the spokesperson for Bethesda:

@DCDeacon when can we be expecting dragonborn on ps3 I’m so tired of this whole mess.

@Kyle_lobcity will get you a date as soon as I can.

@DCDeacon surely we deserve a bit more than that don’t you think? That’s the same answer we were getting for dawnguard. Look how that went..

@kyle_lobcity no, we said we were still working on Dawnguard. We have committed to Dragonborn release. Just haven’t announced date yet — Pete Hines (@DCDeacon)

@DCDeacon this is just bullshit
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2013-01-16, 11:27 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Latest conversation with Pete Hines,..."
If my gamer base was that whiny I would probably troll them by not announcing the date too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2013-01-18, 10:06 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Latest conversation with Pete Hines,..."
Wallow said: [Goto]
Latest conversation with Pete Hines, the spokesperson for Bethesda:

@DCDeacon when can we be expecting dragonborn on ps3 I’m so tired of this whole mess.

@Kyle_lobcity will get you a date as soon as I can.

@DCDeacon surely we deserve a bit more than that don’t you think? That’s the same answer we were getting for dawnguard. Look how that went..

@kyle_lobcity no, we said we were still working on Dawnguard. We have committed to Dragonborn release. Just haven’t announced date yet — Pete Hines (@DCDeacon)

@DCDeacon this is just bullshit

Skyrim Add-Ons Land on PS3 in February, 50% off for One Week

I bet you feel like a prick right now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2013-01-18, 09:13 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Skyrim Add-Ons Land on PS3 in February,..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
I bet you feel like a prick right now.
Not really. DLC came out for the 360 last July. It's now January.

Probably going to happen with the next Fallout as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2013-02-18, 04:06 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Not really. DLC came out for the 360..."
Wallow said: [Goto]
Not really. DLC came out for the 360 last July. It's now January.

Probably going to happen with the next Fallout as well.
Just got done beating it. The landmass is similar to Morrowind's Solstheim but with some Redoran things added. The story was short but I bought it for potential mods.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan