Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Post Updating bios?
Posted 2003-01-16, 09:14 PM
where should I goto look too update my bios for my comp and what info should I have?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2003-01-17, 12:15 AM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Updating bios?"
If you're computer is working fine, then you don't need to update it-if you do it wrong it could mess it up beyond the scope of your imagination (well, not that far). What type of bios do you have? what version does it say when booting up?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
drivehappy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendrivehappy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

drivehappy

Posted 2003-01-17, 07:01 AM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Updating bios?"
Yes, note that any system failure during the update or using the wrong update will make your motherboard just a pretty piece of plastic, metal, and silicon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-01-17, 10:40 AM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Updating bios?"
The thing I want it for is xp, last time I installed it, it kept asking me too update my bios then it would crash umm I'll check the version in a sec.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2003-01-18, 06:28 AM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Updating bios?"
Bios version 1.10 then has a date like 12/2/99
core version 4.10
if that means ne thing
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2003-01-20, 08:33 AM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Updating bios?"
You need to find the MB name and model. Get a Biosupdate prog from the manufacter then follow their instructions. Take your time to choose the right update for the right model and bios version.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MiNi_MaX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMiNi_MaX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MiNi_MaX

Posted 2003-01-20, 09:01 AM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Updating bios?"
isn't it really dangerous to update BIOS? <--- CLUELESS
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-01-21, 05:22 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Updating bios?"
ya, all u really gotta do is go to ur manufactures website, dl the new bios and maybe a bios flash thinger...so just open ur case, see the model and go to there website. should also come witha read me or something to guide u through it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Gsus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGsus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Gsus

Posted 2003-01-22, 08:59 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Updating bios?"
Yea, with the FlashBIOS its really not that hard or risky at all...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hellmonkeys is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHellmonkeys is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hellmonkeys

Posted 2003-01-23, 06:57 AM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Updating bios?"
Quote:
Yea, with the FlashBIOS its really not that hard or risky at all...
Wrong.
Quote:
Yes, note that any system failure during the update or using the wrong update will make your motherboard just a pretty piece of plastic, metal, and silicon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired