Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Last game you've beaten.
Posted 2009-06-01, 11:09 AM
Simple question, what's the last game you've beaten?
Long or short answer.

Not so simple question, what do you count as "beaten?"
Some say as long as they've seen the credit rolling, they've beaten the game. Which makes it very easy to beat those multi-ending beat-em up type games which have more than 20 endings. But some would consider having viewed all endings as finishing a game, and of course there are people who always aim for unlocking everything thing in the game.. and at the end they'd only finish one or two game in their lifetime.

My last game was Resident Evil 5, I finished Veteran in split screen, didn't finish pro, and don't really plan to. It was a pretty fun 20 hours..

Do people still play games around here?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2009-06-01, 11:10 AM in reply to Senesia's post "Last game you've beaten."
The guitar has really pulled my attention away from video games lately. I'd say the last game I really beat was Diablo 1 a couple months ago.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-06-01, 11:24 AM in reply to Senesia's post "Last game you've beaten."
The last game I saw the credits rolling on was probably Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on the PS3. Or maybe even the original Guild Wars on the PC.

The last game I completed 100% wassss... maybe the original Spyro? Or the second.

I think of beaten as finished, and completed as 100% finished.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-06-01, 11:51 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "The last game I saw the credits rolling..."
Fallout 3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-06-01, 11:58 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Fallout 3."
Which version of Fallout 3 did you play? What kind of character did you build?
I played it on a PS3, and I actually didn't quite finish it (I did finish it just to see the disappointing ending, but there are things I'd like to do first.. and at the end I ended up not playing the game again at all.)

I was a pretty evil female character.. blown up Megaton, enslaved a lot of people..

It's just disappointing how your actions and choices in the game didn't actually have anything to do with the endings, or how it could affect the choices you have at the end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2009-06-01, 12:18 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Which version of Fallout 3 did you..."
I purchased Guitar Hero (World Tour) for my brothers this last Christmas, and about 1.5/2 weeks after buying the game we finished most of Expert, and about a week after that Expert was cleared in good teamwork.. so GH:WT would be the last game i've beaten. In great time too.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-06-01, 01:16 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Which version of Fallout 3 did you..."
Senesia said: [Goto]
It's just disappointing how your actions and choices in the game didn't actually have anything to do with the endings, or how it could affect the choices you have at the end.

The original Fallout games are amongst the very few games in which immoral actions make a difference. I didn't think the Fallout 3 ending was remarkably disappointing per se; it just didn't hold up to those of the original two games due to over-hyped prospects of malevolence that didn't really exist.

In retrospect, I find this interview amusing:

BORKED

On topic: Turtles in Time (SNES)
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2009-06-01, 01:32 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "The original Fallout games are amongst..."
Chruser said: [Goto]
On topic: Turtles in Time (SNES)
Oh fuck. Chruser is right. We played Turtles in Time together. That was actually the last game I've beaten, lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-06-01, 01:40 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "The original Fallout games are amongst..."
Chruser said: [Goto]
The original Fallout games are amongst the very few games in which immoral actions make a difference. I didn't think the Fallout 3 ending was remarkably disappointing per se; it just didn't hold up to those of the original two games due to over-hyped prospects of malevolence that didn't really exist.
But I mean, isn't it a little disappointing that with max intelligence and max Science, and Robotic Expert, I cannot somehow alter the AI with my robot follower so it could go into the room in my place?

Then there's no real difference whether I'm Saintly or Evil, or Neutral.

Not "remarkably disappointing," true, but disappointing nonetheless.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2009-06-01, 01:49 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Last game you've beaten."
Last game I finished was... Company of Heroes, the campaigns.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-06-01, 02:44 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Last game I finished was... Company of..."
Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour. Each campaign, and each General's Challenge.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2009-06-01, 04:33 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Last game you've beaten."
Valkyria Chronicles. And the DLC missions.

I also beat WoW recently. And by beat I mean I beat my addiction (found a better one...).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-06-01, 06:24 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Valkyria Chronicles. And the DLC..."
You mean WAR?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-06-01, 10:40 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Valkyria Chronicles. And the DLC..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
Valkyria Chronicles. And the DLC missions.

I also beat WoW recently. And by beat I mean I beat my addiction (found a better one...).
That's including Selveria's missions?
I've been thinking about getting the DLC, but I'll need a prepaid card because the copy of VC I have access to is the Japanese version.

How many missions are there in her campaign? Does it let you change difficulty? Is she.. godly?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2009-06-02, 12:04 AM in reply to Senesia's post starting "That's including Selveria's missions?..."
There are two DLC "campaigns". The first is a single (long) mission, and the second has 3 missions. Both are significantly harder than normal missions. By default, there is no difficulty option for the campaign and I have not purchased the add-on to add it, so I have no clue if it effects DLC difficulty.

Selveria is quite powerful, but circumstances down-play that power.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-06-02, 03:05 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "There are two DLC "campaigns". The..."
I haven't been playing games that much, but for some reason I'm still finding the Guitar Hero games pretty damn fun. I'm pretty fucking good too, so it's not really very difficult anymore... The only song on GH:WT that I even failed on before finally beating was Joe Satriali (Sp?) - Satch Boogie. Although, the last game I beat was GH: Metallica. That was actually more difficult, but only a good 3 or 4 songs took more than one try to beat on Expert.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2009-06-02, 04:46 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I haven't been playing games that much,..."
Last game I truly beat was Portal. Most games I play don't have a definitive ending.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-06-02, 08:59 AM in reply to Senesia's post "Last game you've beaten."
I replayed FFVI and beat it again recently. Outside of replaying older games on my DS, WoW takes up a majority of my time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-06-02, 09:12 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I replayed FFVI and beat it again..."
Jessifer said: [Goto]
I replayed FFVI and beat it again recently.
Same.

Other then that... Digimon World 3
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-06-03, 07:36 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Same. Other then that... Digimon..."
From all these replies, I'm getting a feeling that either people don't play the more recent games anymore (or, not beating them), or are generally just playing games that don't really end such as MMO and rhythm type games.

Weird..

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia