Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Floating Bed
Posted 2006-08-07, 11:12 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060807/od_nm/dutch_bed_dc

I want three.

Can you imagine how freaked out someone would be if they walked in your bedroom and saw a levitating bed? =D.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-08-08, 08:35 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Floating Bed"
Wouldn't that suck having piercings and going into the magnet field?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-08-08, 09:34 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Wouldn't that suck having piercings and..."
More importantly: is it stable enough to have sex on?

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2006-08-08, 10:00 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "More importantly: is it stable enough..."
haha i was actually curious about that too, im just glad someone else asekd first =)
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2006-08-08, 10:50 AM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "haha i was actually curious about that..."
Hands up if you were thinking that?

I guess it would be safe-ish. Just don't rock about too much because the steel cables could pull out of the ceiling, or if you swung the bed out of the field it could flip or fall down.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-08, 11:51 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Hands up if you were thinking that? ..."
I can see the head lines.

Couple crushed while having intercource becaus their bed flipped over.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-08-08, 11:51 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Hands up if you were thinking that? ..."
I'm raising my hand. Oh, I can see it now. Motion-sickness caused by...sex.

Actually, the idea of a floating dining table is pretty cool.

You just had to post moments before me, didn't you Sov?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2006-08-08, 12:22 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I'm raising my hand. Oh, I can see it..."
That would be good. IMagine the legroom you'd be able to have!

Absolutely dreamy.

T'would be an absolute bitch if you were moving house, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-08, 01:07 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "That would be good. IMagine the legroom..."
Or if you dropped a fork.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2006-08-08, 01:57 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I can see the head lines. Couple..."
LOL, one of the worst downsides to this bed.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2006-08-08, 03:40 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "LOL, one of the worst downsides to this..."
Hmm ...if it all has the same charge on both sides then if you flip it it shouldn't come down and crush you. It'd give a whole new meaning to 'rocking the bed' eh? I'm wondering what if they gave it a bit of an upwards curve on the ends and curved the magnet too ...maybe that'd hold it in place a bit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-08-08, 04:13 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Hmm ...if it all has the same charge on..."
Well, the article did say that it was held in place by thin steel cables.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2006-08-08, 07:39 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Well, the article did say that it was..."
Defects occur .

Besides, If you are holding a heavy bed + at least 2 people, the forces on that chain would be pretty great.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-08-08, 08:17 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Defects occur :p. Besides, If you..."
I suppose that depends on whether the cables are attached to the ceiling or the floor. I assume the floor, as to keep the bed from moving erratically. If that's the case, the weight of the bodies would reduce the tension on the cables, not increase it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2006-08-08, 09:35 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I suppose that depends on whether the..."
If a magnet is pushing up from the ground and the rope isn't at full tension, it's going to shoot the bed to the side. That is unless the force exerted on each part of the bed is IDENTICAL. Don't think that's going to happen in this case.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2006-08-09, 04:51 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "If a magnet is pushing up from the..."
id buy it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-08-09, 05:12 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "id buy it"
Buying that is like going to war, waste of the dam money.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2006-08-09, 09:27 AM in reply to Ganga's post starting "Buying that is like going to war, waste..."
Seriously, fuck until the bed breaks...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-08-09, 02:45 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Seriously, fuck until the bed breaks..."
i think i have a new mission in life....lol
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster