Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2007-08-20, 02:04 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Emulator."
Now that i've got my laptop all situated, I'm definately going to grab Chrono Trigger emulator/rom and play the shit out of it

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-08-20, 02:27 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Now that i've got my laptop all..."
I was tempted to play Chrono Trigger recently, grabbed Sim City instead, that game is so awesome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-20, 02:49 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I was tempted to play Chrono Trigger..."
Yeah I hear yah on that.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-08-20, 04:33 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I was tempted to play Chrono Trigger..."
!King_Amazon! said:
I was tempted to play Chrono Trigger recently, grabbed Sim City instead, that game is so awesome.
I should try that one again, a long time ago my Emulator couldn't run it past a certain point.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-09-22, 04:08 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I should try that one again, a long..."
I'm very skeptical of it being Diablo 3... From what I've been told. Hellgate: London is being made by the team who created Diablo 1 and 2, Hellgate is supposed to hold people over until they release Diablo 3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JoshTheftAuto is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJoshTheftAuto is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JoshTheftAuto

Posted 2007-09-22, 04:41 PM in reply to JoshTheftAuto's post starting "I'm very skeptical of it being Diablo..."
It was the new WoW Expansion, heh. They ARE hiring for a 'Next-Gen MMO,' however.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-09-22, 07:38 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "It was the new WoW Expansion, heh. ..."
WoW 2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-24, 12:29 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "WoW 2."
I'm still holding out for Diablo as an MMO, it's the easiest one to adapt to that format. I don't think we'll see a Starcraft MMO as SC2 is already coming out (but War3 wasn't too long before WoW either).

I'm betting on Diablo III or a new franchise as their next MMO.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-09-24, 07:09 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I'm still holding out for Diablo as an..."
Or WoW 2. They don't care about anything but their cash cow now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-24, 07:13 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Or WoW 2. They don't care about..."
That's how I feel, I just can't see why they CAN'T comprehend how much money Diablo 3 could make them in MMO format with the existing fanbase they have now, along with anyone from WoW that may make the jump and get both games.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-09-24, 08:44 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "That's how I feel, I just can't see why..."
Well, it's easier for them to release one or two expansions for WoW than to make a completely new game(Diablo 3.) And the money made probably wouldn't differ much between the two.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-24, 09:56 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well, it's easier for them to release..."
Yea, I guess they're gonna be slow on releasing anything with WOW out ...why take potential WOW subscribers away? They're making a lot more off WOW than they would diablo 3.

I bet Diablo 3 will come out closer to their projected end for WOW's big lifecycle and maybe even a World of Diablocraft .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-09-24, 09:57 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Yea, I guess they're gonna be slow on..."
I'm pretty sure they've said that there will be a WoW 2 eventually. It won't just be neverending expansions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-24, 10:01 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm pretty sure they've said that there..."
They must have Diablo 3 coming before 2010.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-09-24, 10:44 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "They must have Diablo 3 coming before..."
I pretty much gave up on gaming after hearing D3 wasn't coming out. I don't have the patience anymore, I spend most of my free-time energy consumption on my car

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-09-25, 06:17 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well, it's easier for them to release..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Well, it's easier for them to release one or two expansions for WoW than to make a completely new game(Diablo 3.) And the money made probably wouldn't differ much between the two.
Sooner or later, they'll NEED a new game because the game engine will be so far behind newer MMOs that people will eventually be migrating to the newer, more colorful ones. Maybe not literally, but I think you know what I mean.

A WoW2 may be a possibility, as its universe does give a lot more diversity for MMO players (race-wise and faction-wise) where a Diablo MMO would have trouble with diversity as you can really only play as Human in a factional 1v1 (Humankind vs. Hell).

After thinking about it a bit more, I'm not so certain that the next MMO Blizzard puts out would be a part of the Diablo series. There are subfactions to the whole humankind thing, but so far those have been fairly straight-lined regarding class, so they'd have a lot more world development to go before this would be ready Lore-wise.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-09-26, 06:43 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Sooner or later, they'll NEED a new..."
Well i'm always sure they can implement new factions, etc... But you do bring up a good point. Blah.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-09-26, 04:32 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well i'm always sure they can implement..."
Well, they've got multiple human factions if I remember correctly. The Necromancers were from somewhere, the Sorceresses were from somewhere else, the Barbarians were from Mount Arreat and the surrounding plains, etc...

If it were me, I'd be more inclined to add additional class choices to those existing factions, like adding Shamanistic healers to Barbarians, Clerics of Trang'Oul for Necromancers, and other such nonsense. Diablo as an MMO is possible, but it'd take a considerable amount of work to make it very diverse, especially in the Race category, meaning it won't have as broad an appeal right off the bat. If they DID add in other Races, Lore-nerds would be outraged since that would be a fairly sizable deviation from the status-quo of the world (would probably be worse than the announcement of Death Knights for World of Warcraft).

It can be done, but the world may be too limiting to achieve a true "successor" to World of Warcraft once it starts dying, but it could still be an excellent game if done correctly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-09-26, 04:43 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Well, they've got multiple human..."
Or they could just not make Diablo 3 an MMO and make it not suck. There's a thought.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-26, 04:46 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Or they could just not make Diablo 3 an..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Or they could just not make Diablo 3 an MMO and make it not suck. There's a thought.
I can't tell if you misunderstood me or are paraphrasing me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker