Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2004-08-04, 08:55 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
Well, that's fine.

join www.Don'tLinkOtherForums.net then, they joke without the mods or owner getting pissed off :P

Last edited by Titusfied; 2004-08-05 at 09:10 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-08-04, 08:56 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
A-fucking-men. They're jokes. If you can't take a little ribbing, you need to grow up. I'm sure Kagom at the very least doesn't take these comments to heart.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-08-04, 08:58 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "A-fucking-men. They're jokes. If you..."
I really don't take them all to heart. I just get annoyed by the excess. check out rpgsource.net they pick on me, I don't mind.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-08-04, 08:58 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I really don't take them all to heart. ..."
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2004-08-04, 09:00 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
I don't mind the occasional joke, but when it's done like, every day, almost every time I post...i just get annoyed.

I've used my sexuality as a joke in my stand-up before.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2004-08-04, 09:00 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I really don't take them all to heart. ..."
EXACTLY. Penguin is doing nothing different than what I/Penny/any other member he's alluding to is doing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-08-04, 09:01 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "EXACTLY. Penguin is doing nothing..."
Quote:
It's blatantly obvious you were talking to Penny and myself and the very least. Kickass, you're trying to take away mine another peoples rights to express ourselves so he can do the same, does that make any sense at all? FUCK NO.

What ? Right to express yourself? Where does that end? Flaming outside of the flame forum is expressing yourself so you should be able to do it? I already told you that it was ok to joke around sometimes but not to a point where you are forcing people to quit. Its that simple. There are rules for a reason. Just like real life, if you express yourself by saying things inappropriate you could end up in trouble for harassment or not abiding by a restraining order.

Quote:
Are you stupid or....? I never said I was more important than anyone. I'm saying he annoys me, so I'm expressing that. Humans have that feature, you should try it out sometime.
See above response and see the ignore feature response.

Quote:
Let's see....considering people have been banned sheerly for the fact that they annoy people, that makes about as much sense as your first statement. Errr, Penguin. You're setting a limit on "joking". You claim after a couple jokes, we're not joking about it anymore. You're essentially telling us what we're thinking.
Its called common sense. You know when you are no longer joking and when you are starting to really annoy people. You cannot HARASS people on Zelaron. You can joke around, you can flame them, but harassment is different and it wont be tolerated. All rules have a common sense clause attached.

Quote:
I'm sorry I don't ignore my problems, I have a set of balls. You may want to invest in a pair sometime, they come in handy for issues such as this. The main reason eh? I'm pretty sure it's a good thing then, since it's going to get him out playing tennis and excercising, all in all making him a healthier person. What do you know, I'm actually helping him out!
You dont ignore your problems? Well guess what, I am telling you to ignore him and stop harrassing him. This isent a damn ego war, hes not fighting back, so you can shut the heck up, you are accomplishing NOTHING by going on. Ignore him, hes not talking about you. A "set of balls" makes you pick on people constantly untill they break down? and then you continue to laugh at them? Thats just being an asshole and has nothing to do with it.

Quote:
Perfection is impossible to attain, there is no set definition for it. It varies form person to person, so why should I try to attain something that is impossible? I'm perfectly happy with myself right now, so that's how I'm staying. If you want me to change that, you're being no better than you are claiming we are.
You will try to follow the rules given to you. I am not asking you to change who you are, you can turn him on ignore. If I had the ability to ban you from seeing his posts I would. You can turn that on yourself.

Quote:
Your point is complete bullshit, Penguin. You're telling us to change so he doesn't have to, which i previously stated.
I have again responded to Each of your points and countered them. He does not need to change at all because hes not the asshole.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2004-08-04, 09:01 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "EXACTLY. Penguin is doing nothing..."
But you have to understand, some people will take things to heart and be really offended. I think that's what he is trying to get at.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2004-08-04, 09:07 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "A-fucking-men. They're jokes. If you..."
Shinto Katana said:
Well if the RULES dont change. I'm just gonna switch to a bored where joking around is allowed.
So harassment should be ok?

Slim said:
A-fucking-men. They're jokes. If you can't take a little ribbing, you need to grow up.
For the 10th time. A Little is ok.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2004-08-04, 09:11 PM in reply to Penguin's post starting "What :weird: ? Right to express..."
Penguin said:
There are rules for a reason. Just like real life, if you express yourself by saying things inappropriate you could end up in trouble for harassment or not abiding by a restraining order.
WHAT?! Seriously, that was completely retarded. If someone slaps a restraining order on you for saying "learn english", or "quit telling us you're bisexual" they will most likely be laughed out of court. Then again if the Mcdonalds coffee suit went through, who knows.

Penguin said:
Its called common sense. You know when you are no longer joking and when you are starting to really annoy people. You cannot HARASS people on Zelaron. You can joke around, you can flame them, but harassment is different and it wont be tolerated. All rules have a common sense clause attached.
Yeah, exactly we are joking. Get it through your head.

Penguin said:
You dont ignore your problems? Well guess what, I am telling you to ignore him and stop harrassing him. This isent a damn ego war, hes not fighting back, so you can shut the heck up, you are accomplishing NOTHING by going on. Ignore him, hes not talking about you. A "set of balls" makes you pick on people constantly untill they break down? and then you continue to laugh at them? Thats just being an asshole and has nothing to do with it.
DUR. My problem is you trying to trade my rights off to give another member the exact same rights you're trying to strip me of.

Penguin said:
You will try to follow the rules given to you. I am not asking you to change who you are, you can turn him on ignore. If I had the ability to ban you from seeing his posts I would. You can turn that on yourself.
Adding him to my ignore list would very much be chaning who I am, quit asking me to do so.

Penguin said:
I have again responded to Each of your points and countered them. He does not need to change at all because hes not the asshole.
As have I. Oh, and thinks for calling me an asshole, hypocrite.

Last edited by Slim; 2004-08-04 at 09:14 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slim

Posted 2004-08-04, 09:12 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "But you have to understand, some people..."
I know this Kagom, but you aren't and I'm pretty sure Geekstar isn't either so what is his problem?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slim

Posted 2004-08-04, 09:14 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "I know this Kagom, but you aren't and..."
Slim said:
I know this Kagom, but you aren't and I'm pretty sure Geekstar isn't either so what is his problem?
Oh so now you are telling them what they are thinking? And would it matter if they are taking offense to it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penguin

Posted 2004-08-04, 09:15 PM in reply to Penguin's post starting "So harassment should be ok? :weird: ..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2004-08-04, 09:15 PM in reply to Penguin's post starting "Oh so now you are telling them what..."
Kagom already said he wasn't, and the pretty sure was there for a reason.
If they were taking offense to it and I knew about it, I would be less frequent with it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slim

Posted 2004-08-04, 09:21 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "WHAT?! Seriously, that was completely..."
Wow this is getting really drawn out...

Quote:
WHAT?! Seriously, that was completely retarded. If someone slaps a restraining order on you for saying "learn english", or "quit telling us you're bisexual" they will most likely be laughed out of court. Then again if the Mcdonalds coffee suit went through, who knows.
That was not my point and again you should have known what I mean (or am I giving you too much credit?) but for arguments sake you took it literally just to be able to respond with that.

Quote:
Yeah, exactly we are joking. Get it through your head.
You are joking ? What if they say you are not joking? What if they Are offended? It seems they are to me. You dont get to say its just a joke if they dont take it that way.

Quote:
DUR. My problem is you trying to trade my rights off to give another member the exact same rights you're trying to strip me of.
Everyone has equal rights and that sentence is poorly worded.

Quote:
Adding him to my ignore list would very much be chaning who I am, quit asking me to do so.
If changing who you are means not to make people want to leave zelaron and not to harass them then I am not asking you to, I am telling you to.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penguin

Posted 2004-08-04, 09:25 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
Shinto Katana said:
What we're doing is having fun, posting whats on our minds, and just joking around. You want this forum to be dead, and boring, and have everyone obey the rules. Harassment doesn't exist online. They can SIMPLE ignore us with a handy button. If they hate it that much. And continue to post shit for the people who are also pussys.

Kag, and other people CAN ignore us, with the ignore button. But if they don't, they can expect to have jokes played on them. Its not only directed at them, but also other people. I make fun, and tease everyone on the forum, not just the nubs.
So what if its not joking around to the other person? Who gets to choose if its joking around or not. Yes, I want everyone to obey the rules but that does not equal a dead or boring forum. I said your 'fun' was alright in moderation. I am now repeating that like for the 15th time and you are not listening. Before you post , remember what I have said so far and then try to predict what I am going to reply with because if you already know that then you can word your posts better.

They CAN ignore you but its easier and better for everyone if YOU ignored them. You are the instigators, so you should be the ones who ignore him. You say you make fun of everyone but you make fun of some people more then others like geekster for example. Yet geekster does not really fight back; and this somehow encourges you?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penguin

Posted 2004-08-04, 09:27 PM in reply to Penguin's post starting "Wow this is getting really drawn out......"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shining Knights

Posted 2004-08-04, 09:30 PM in reply to Penguin's post starting "Wow this is getting really drawn out......"
THE FUCK?! That was supposed to be taken literally. You're saying I may be banned for making jokes, and equating that to the closest thing you could think of in real life.

I know when I'm joking, they don't. End of story. I already said this, if they are being offended and I know about it I will chill, but until then I reserve my right to freedom of speech. If they're saying "stop", that doesn't mean it's offending them, just that they don't like being made fun of. No one does, but if it's honestly bothering them, all they had to do was PM me, telling me it's actually offending them and I would have been doing it less frequently.

That sentence is worded perfectly. You're trying to take my right to say what's on my mind (jokes) so he can say what's on his mind.

No one is leaving Zelaron, quit trying to make this out to be more than it is. He's visiting less frequently because he's busy with his real life.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slim

Posted 2004-08-04, 09:31 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
Shinto you were not even trying on that reply seriously. Geekster is the only one who really does that. I don't even know what else I can reply with because even you know that reply was not suitable. No one member should be more important then another anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penguin

Posted 2004-08-04, 09:31 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "THE FUCK?! That was supposed to be..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shining Knights