Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge > World Record Thread

Posted 2005-08-16, 02:25 PM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "No that wont work, just try it sometime..."
What do you mean it doesn't work? Yes it does.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-08-16, 02:27 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "What do you mean it doesn't work? Yes..."
Here's one I showed earlier!

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-16, 02:58 PM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "No that wont work, just try it sometime..."
Kaneda said:
Ty. Well Gaara is new to me, so ya. I was going to do one w/ Sasuke covered in the cursed seal but I couldn't find a pic and I don't know how to take screenshots of the video.

Gaara is a character from the anime Naruto.
Kaneda was asking to make screenshots directly from his movie files.

undeadzombieguy said:
No that wont work, just try it sometime and see what happens.

In windows media player press ctrl-i to take a screenshot of what's playing.
Of course I know that you can use printscreen for capturing webpages or whatever, but when you are playing a video, instead of the image as it was while playing, all you will get is a black screen once you put it in an image editor. Just try it yourself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2005-08-16, 05:42 PM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "Kaneda was asking to make screenshots..."
Great thanks uzg. Now where do the screenshots go to though? I've looked all through my realplayer files and can't seem to find them, plus when I take a shot it doesnt say where its saving it to. Perhaps some Windows file?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-08-17, 01:26 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Great thanks uzg. Now where do the..."
Damnit, my internet keeps dying...

Anyway.

If you're using real player, use the menu and go to tools/preferences/hardware. At the bottom you will see a slider which is called video card compatibility, get it from best performance all the way to most reliable. If you've done this, then you will be able to use the printscreen method. (press printscreen>paste in paint/photoshop>edit it>save as)

Basically when you're playing a video file it uses hardware acceleration and it's being played on a different layer so to speak. That's why normally using printscreen in video will just give you a blank image. So in order to get everything playing on the same layer you will have to disable all hardware acceleration. This can be done via windows, but it's easier to do it with the media player itself. Also the trouble with this is that some video files will not play properly without full hardware acceleration.

It's annoying to do this much for just a screen capture, that's why I said to use ctrl-i since I thought you were using WMP. Altough I just tried it again and found out that that doesnt always work either...(dont know why, yet)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2005-08-17, 11:09 AM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "Damnit, my internet keeps dying... ..."
Well I've got media player, I just prefer real. I'll use media player for simplicity purposes I suppose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2005-08-17, 11:34 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Well I've got media player, I just..."
Ever tried a video player called DivX?

For me it always plays the videos that nothing else will. Pretty good. Don't have the foggiest how to capture a screen from it though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-17, 11:54 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Ever tried a video player called DivX?..."
I used to use DIVX. Nowadays I use either VLC player or BS player, those really plays everything and wont slow your computer down like WMP does.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2005-08-17, 11:57 AM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "I used to use DIVX. Nowadays I use..."
I find a program I like and someone goes and name one that is probably better!!

DAMN YOU!!

Links to descriptions about the two?

So if you use those two for vids instead of WMP, what do you use for songs?

I use DivX and IrfanView (songs, videos, animations, flash when it's up to it, images...image editor primarily).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-17, 12:34 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I find a program I like and someone..."
Winamp for music. Basically because it doesnt really use a great deal of computer power. This is important because I like to keep the music running while playing games or when I'm working with photoshop (cant do anything in photoshop without music ). With winamp I dont notice any significant difference in performance while doing any of that. + it's really easy to use because of it's compact user interface and it takes like 0,5 seconds to open it.

Man, I feel like I'm trying to sell something here.... I'll shut up now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2005-08-17, 12:57 PM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "Winamp for music. Basically because it..."
Plus its got tons of sexy skins, unlike Itunes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2005-08-17, 01:19 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Plus its got tons of sexy skins, unlike..."
How about THIS 1 lenny.

http://windward.nodalpoint.net/doc/media/liikenne.swf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2005-08-17, 01:31 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "How about THIS 1 lenny. ..."
I love this little movie!!

There's a game sort of like this where've you've got to learn to drive...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-17, 01:32 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "How about THIS 1 lenny. ..."
Does any1 know why sometimes when you d/l a torrent movie it turns out as a bunch of mp3 kinda things?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2005-08-17, 01:43 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Does any1 know why sometimes when you..."
Do you mean .rar files? They're usually like this .r01 .r02 .r03 etc etc. ???
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2005-08-17, 03:05 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Does any1 know why sometimes when you..."
Have you seen Ze End of Ze World?

Even better! http://www.funnyjunk.com/

Most things on here are pure genius...run riot I tells ya!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-17, 07:45 PM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "Do you mean .rar files? They're usually..."
Well I've got 200 hundred or so of these : mof-mamstc.cd1.part01
from downloading Mr. and Mrs. Smith. They're icon is Itunes(my music player) So.. if thats a rar file then ya.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2005-08-17, 07:50 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Well I've got 200 hundred or so of..."
Ugh. Alcohol and I just don't mix well together, I'm so much more of a pot person.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2005-08-17, 07:54 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Ugh. Alcohol and I just don't mix well..."
Really? I love booze.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-08-18, 03:33 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Really? I love booze."
Smirnoff Ices are nice...wine is horrible...and Shandy...I can see myself getting to like Shandy and then Beer etc...

Alcohol isn't too bad Kaneda. Don't become someone who gets pissed after half a pint of shandy...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny