Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2005-05-23, 03:27 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "what i didn't like was first when..."
I'm thinking POSSIBLY the reason Obi Wan was able to defeat Anakin at the end is because Anakin just recently changed over to the dark side and possible his powers were weaker from that? I don't know that is just my guess.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13

Posted 2005-05-23, 08:09 PM in reply to sue_13's post starting "I'm thinking POSSIBLY the reason Obi..."
Well, I'm guessing that he may have been able to beat Anakin due to Obi Wan knowing the way he fights? And that Anakin was distracted by rage maybe..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-05-23, 08:53 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Well, I'm guessing that he may have..."
I think it was because he was not yet trained in any of the darkside techniques other than the grip thing that he uses to choke his wife.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-05-24, 12:55 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the..."
Worst acting ever.

Still a really really good movie though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2005-05-27, 01:11 AM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "Worst acting ever. Still a really..."
When I went to the movie there was alot of little kids around, probably 8-10 years old. I don't know about you, but the part where Vadar got burned was pretty gruesome. And if I was that young, I would have freaked out from it. And you can't tell who is better than who. Vadar lost because of his arrogance. Obi Won told him not to try and jump over him, and get the "higher ground," but he did it anyway, and payed the price. And I have to admit the scene where General Grievous was spinning all the lightsabers and moving closer and closer to Obi Won was one of the best (at least) build up to the fight scene. I was gripping my seat. And considering that the theater's sound was very loud, it was very awesome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2005-05-27, 10:23 AM in reply to badboy's post starting "When I went to the movie there was alot..."
I hate theatres with little kids like that, because I was sitting near the front on the right side, and these little kids came and sat behind me and my buddy, and were throwing popcorn and shit in our hair.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-05-27, 03:12 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I hate theatres with little kids like..."
HandOfHeaven said:
I hate theatres with little kids like that, because I was sitting near the front on the right side, and these little kids came and sat behind me and my buddy, and were throwing popcorn and shit in our hair.
I really don't think the acting was all that bad. It was decent, anyway. I mean, Titanic had shittier acting, and it won just about every Oscar around.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-05-27, 04:57 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I really don't think the acting was all..."
I thought the acting was okay. but i have to say that from hearing all the girls talk at school that it was a smart move to pick that guy as Anakin Skywalker because he is so HOTT!! to quote a few words from the conversatitions that i heard.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-05-27, 06:39 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "I thought the acting was okay. but i..."
I arrived at the movie two hours early. There was only one person standing ahead of me, and her shirt said, "Evil never looked this good."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-05-27, 08:30 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I arrived at the movie two hours early...."
Everyoe bitching about the acting needs to close their mouths right now. Obviously, you haven't seen Battlefield Earth, Dungeons & Dragons, Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever, Rollerball (remake), Troll 2, From Justin to Kelly, Gigli, Underworld, Ven Helsing or a legion of other movies that betray and shit upon the art of acting in similar fashion. The acting in RotS was absolute gold in comparison with some of that shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-05-27, 08:57 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Everyoe bitching about the acting needs..."
while it is golden compared to the movies that you mentioned. It is not really fair to compare any movie to Battlefiel Earth, or any other of the movies on that list. I enjoy watching movies and i have unfortunately sat through all of those movies except for Troll 2. I dont know but personally i felt almost betrayed when i watched AVP because it was no where near the level of the Predator movie.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2005-05-27, 09:03 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "while it is golden compared to the..."
It's perfectly fair to compare those movies to Star Wars. They're movies, therefore they fall into the realm of reasonable comparison. Comparing Star Wars to Final Fantasy would be a little pointless, but not comparing it to Battlefield Earth.

And Alien vs. Predator was a monstrosity. All it had to be was 90 minutes of Aliens fighting Predators. How fucking hard is that? Apparently impossible for Paul W.S. Anderson to pull off.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-05-27, 09:33 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "It's perfectly fair to compare those..."
Yah, I was pretty let down by AVP. I had to throw ALIENS into my DVD player to cheeer myself back up. Space Marines never fail to make me smile!

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-05-28, 01:50 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Yah, I was pretty let down by AVP. I..."
At least the new Predator game is BADASS AS FUCK. Run out and buy it. Skinning people and suspending them from skyscrapers is the bomb.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-05-28, 01:53 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Yah, I was pretty let down by AVP. I..."
Well they threw, what eight rated R movies into one pg-13 movie. What did you expect ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2005-05-28, 01:57 AM in reply to badboy's post starting "Well they threw, what eight rated R..."
90 minutes of Aliens fighting Predators. That's all anyone expected, and I would have shit my pants if that's what we'd recieved. However, Paul W.S. Anderson is a fucking moron and doesn't understand that nobody gives a damn about his piss-poor attempts at trying to infuse the movie with a hackneyed plot. All he had to do was deliver 90 minutes of Aliens fighting Predators and he failed. That is why the movie was a monumental flop.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-05-29, 11:22 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "90 minutes of Aliens fighting..."
Yeah i mean if you look at all the hype about the movie and the name itself, I thought it would be Aliens fighting Predators. One of their slogans was whoever wins we lose, but no actually i think i lost becuase i went to see the movie.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2005-05-30, 12:27 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "Yeah i mean if you look at all the hype..."
"Not a happy landing."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

badboy

Posted 2005-06-04, 12:37 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the..."
I'm mad that Anakin killed Windu but it had to be done.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2005-06-04, 09:52 PM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "I'm mad that Anakin killed Windu but it..."
Yeah, because the only black guy in the entire star wars universe till that point had to die.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav