Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

View Poll Results: The best board type?
PHPBB2 0 0%
IPB (Invision Power Board) 3 23.08%
vBulletin 10 76.92%
Something else (post plz) 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2004-10-02, 09:01 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Explain ?!?!?!?"
Ever since the whole Asus-cheating drivers incident, I have no respect for the company.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-10-02, 09:22 PM in reply to Death's post "Whats the best type of board?"
IPB, vBB has way too many unnessesary queries. It's skinnability is quite nice though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-10-03, 01:30 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "http://www.vbulletin.com/order/ It's..."
Aight , thanks .

So basicly , I pay 30 $ , then , when i wanna update it , I just pay 30 $ again?

Anyway , I'll also check out phpbb2 , easy to do so , its free .

I have the new IPB 2.x , but I must say , it sucks cock.

I will also take a look at the admin CP demo wich you can download on the vB site , and see if I like it.

I'll let you guys know
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Death is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDeath is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Death

Posted 2004-10-03, 01:41 AM in reply to Death's post starting "Aight , thanks :). So basicly , I..."
Ok , I've tested the demo now.

Im 99 % sure Ill take vB , just 1 more question.

On IPD and PHPBB2 boards , you can install a shop system , a shoutbox , etc... In other words , you can install extras.

Are these kind of extras also available for vB?

EDIT Found 1 problem , the lowest price I can find is 56 $ .

Can you post the link to the 30 $ one ?

EDIT2 I also found , that if I pick the cheapest one (56) , I still have to pay 69 :S

Last edited by Death; 2004-10-03 at 05:05 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Death is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDeath is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Death

Posted 2004-10-03, 09:12 AM in reply to Death's post starting "Ok , I've tested the demo now. Im 99..."
Actually it's, pay 160, and then pay 30 when you want an update
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-10-04, 01:34 AM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Actually it's, pay 160, and then pay 30..."
Shit , thats pretty damn expensive for a board :S .

Well , anyone knows if vB has options like a shoutbox or a shop?

EDIT : heh , I am trying some stuff now , and found in order step 2 , I find
Quote:
Branding Free Option - $120

What do they mean by that?

Is it that vbulletin isnt typed at the bottom of the page or what?

Anyway , sorry to ask so much here , but I dont have a "non-free" email acc (I have hotmail ) so they dont reply to my emails...

Last edited by Death; 2004-10-04 at 01:45 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Death

Posted 2004-10-04, 07:02 AM in reply to Death's post starting "Shit , thats pretty damn expensive for..."
Like I said, it's a one time fee of $160. Once you've payed that, it's yours forever. Alternately, you could pay $85 every year.

Yes, the Branding Free Option means that you can remove the copyright notices in the displayed page (but not in the PHP code).

Yes, there are shop hacks, shoutbox hacks, and many others for vB.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33
Note that you will have to buy vB and register your e-mail for support before this site will allow you to get the info to install the hacks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-10-04, 10:44 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Like I said, it's a one time fee of..."
Aight , thanks a lot .

Ive made my desision now , Im buying a vB board .

I think I will go for the 85$ though , maybe later when I have the money to spend on the board (server also just starting off , lot of money :S ) Ill buy the full pack
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Death