Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2004-08-11, 03:58 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "I'll see it, as long as there is SLIME...."
Want to know who wins?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-08-11, 04:29 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Want to know who wins? ;)"
NonGayMan said:
Want to know who wins?
Why you seen it? I would like to know lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gendark01 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweengendark01 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

gendark01

Posted 2004-08-11, 10:32 PM in reply to gendark01's post starting "Why you seen it? I would like to know..."
Cant the predater go invisible and shoot the alien with lazers?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2004-08-12, 08:55 AM in reply to platnum's post starting "Cant the predater go invisible and..."
They can both do anything you've seen in previous movies. And probably more now, but who knows.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-13, 08:29 AM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "Wtf! That can ruin the whole thing. You..."
timmay1113 said:
Wtf! That can ruin the whole thing. You can not do aliens vs predator with humans on the side with no gore. I can't believe these people...
Well, I've seen the movie, and the fact of the matter is that it lives up to its name; it's Aliens vs. Predators. Over half the humans get bugged in the first 20 minutes or so to make the Aliens for the Predators to hunt.

The backstory:
This movie is a prequal to the aliens movies. The story is that the Predators are responsible in some way for human civilization and were worshiped as gods. Every 100 years, they would demand a human sacrifice to be hosts for Aliens so they could hunt the aliens in their arena (this was before Antarctica took it's current location at the south pole, apparently). Last century, a whaling camp near the pyramid suddenly lost it's inhabitents, and now it's 2004, and the guy who invented the androids from the aliens movies picks up the pyramid powering up for this century's hunt on his satelite, and gathers up a team to go investigate the archeological find it turns out that it really is. Most of them get trapped in "the sacrificial chamber" and bugged right at the beginning of the movie to make the aliens for this hunt, and so the hunt begins.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-08-13, 08:38 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Well, I've seen the movie, and the fact..."
Why did you spoiler the backstory?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

‡AC‡

Posted 2004-08-13, 08:53 AM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post starting "Why did you spoiler the backstory?"
Because you find it out rather late in the movie.

On the one hand, it doesn't spoil any of the action, but on the other, a big part of the movie is that going in, noone, audience or charactors really has any idea WTF is going on.

Last edited by WetWired; 2004-08-13 at 08:55 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-08-13, 12:11 PM in reply to Kidagakash's post starting "thing i question is, aliens never made..."
Kidagakash said:
thing i question is, aliens never made it too earth, nor was it ever spoken of in any of the Alien movies.
If I recall correctly, Alien 3 had aliens on Earth.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-08-13, 01:23 PM in reply to platnum's post starting "Cant the predater go invisible and..."
platnum said:
Cant the predater go invisible and shoot the alien with lazers?
If you'll notice, none of the Aliens have anything visible that resemble eyes. They likely sense vibration or some other method of detection.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-13, 06:24 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "If you'll notice, none of the Aliens..."
Go to www.alienvspredatormovie.com and click on movies and trailers and then on the last little section under trailer side it says faceoff and alien vs predator fight. click it and then click on face off to see a very intersting short part of the movie.
HAHAHAHA too bad the pred dies.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2004-08-15, 01:31 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "If you'll notice, none of the Aliens..."
Vollstrecker said:
If you'll notice, none of the Aliens have anything visible that resemble eyes. They likely sense vibration or some other method of detection.
In the AvP games you learn that aleins "see" with phramones(sp?) that each species give off. In the game they "glow" red for other aleins, blue for humans, and green for preds.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

‡AC‡

Posted 2004-08-15, 10:41 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "If I recall correctly, Alien 3 had..."
RoboticSilence said:
If I recall correctly, Alien 3 had aliens on Earth.

actuly no, in 3 they where on a big resech ship headed to earth. riply finds out about this and crashes the ship into earth and then kills the weard human looking alien when it gets sucked out a hole into space no bigger then my pinkey finger.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kidagakash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKidagakash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kidagakash

Posted 2004-08-15, 01:05 PM in reply to Kidagakash's post starting "actuly no, in 3 they where on a big..."
Kidagakash said:
actuly no, in 3 they where on a big resech ship headed to earth. riply finds out about this and crashes the ship into earth and then kills the weard human looking alien when it gets sucked out a hole into space no bigger then my pinkey finger.
shes right...

im routing for predators. Fuck aliens. i also wanted the predator to kill Danny Glover in the 2nd movie...but Nooooo... Damn Danny glover and his crazy antics.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mydogisyourdog

Posted 2004-08-15, 01:22 PM in reply to Mydogisyourdog's post starting "shes right... im routing for..."
I guess I'm the only one who wanted the Aliens to win.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-16, 01:56 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I guess I'm the only one who wanted the..."
I just saw it, it was pretty cool. Pg-13 didnt matter IMO it was still nice . But the ending...uh oh.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2004-08-16, 07:25 AM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "I just saw it, it was pretty cool...."
My friends, which are much more into the series than me, said that they think that the predator ship is the one which crashed on the planet in the first Alien movie.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2004-08-17, 11:59 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "I'll see it, as long as there is SLIME...."
It was an OK movie...very short though
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2004-08-22, 01:46 AM in reply to Kidagakash's post starting "actuly no, in 3 they where on a big..."
Kidagakash said:
Actually no, that was Aliens Resurrection. Aliens 3 isn't even worth seeing, and it wasn't on Earth.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2004-08-22, 04:08 AM in reply to badboy's post starting "Actually no, that was Aliens..."
Jeers to the following:

1) Too much fucking "shaky-cam" during the fight scenes. That works for something like Gladiator, where actually seeing each specific movement isn't crucial to enjoying the fight. In a movie where you've got two super-badass alien beasts beating the hell out of each other, you want to see every last second of that shit.

2) Not enough Alien on Predator action. The whole first fucking half of the movie was pointless, boring retarded "plot". You know what, I don't give a fucking shit why the Predators are fighting the aliens, I don't give a fuck who they've got going on this expedition. It's a fucking monster battle movie, not a runner-up for an Oscar! Enough with the stupid-ass humans. They should have all been dead 20 minutes into the movie and the rest of it should have been non-stop Aliens on Predators.

3) Three fucking Predators? Two of them were dead in ten goddamned minutes! How many fucking Aliens did we see pouring out of that pyramid? Twenty? Thirty? This should have been a fucking free-for-all, Predators out the ying-yang, and an army of Aliens. That would have been significantly more entertaining.

In short: nobody gives a shit about the humans. They should have been there solely as a quick and easy source of bodies to be torn up and that's it. We shouldn't have had to watch 45 minutes of pointless bullshit leading up to the action. This was a goddamned monster battle movie, it should have focused more on the fucking battles.

Cheers to the following:

1) The monsters looked absolutely badass. The Aliens looked better than ever and the Predators were menacing as fuck.

2) What little bit of honest-to-God action there was in the movie was awesome. The actual visible portions of the action scenes were pretty damned cool. The Predators used all of their badass weaponry and the Aliens tore a whole hell of a lot of shit up.
I nearly shit myself with glee when that last Predator crammed his staff through the Queen Alien's skull at the end. Completely, absolutely badass.

3) All of the "Ancient Backstory" portions were amazing. I loved all of the stuff about the Predators being worshipped as Gods. That last shot of the three Predators fighting off that army of Aliens was one of the most staggeringly awesome things I've ever seen. I wish that there had been more of it.

All in all, I liked it, if for nothing else because I'm a huge fan of the Predator franchise and we haven't seen one of those nasty fuckers since the early 90's. I just hope to God that if (heh...when) the sequel comes out, there will be a new director on board who will be willing to make a true monster battle movie instead of Hollywood-poisoned crap. Had this movie been created with the sole purpose of showing us 90 minutes of nonstop Alien vs Predator carnage, I would have probably died via sheer uncontrollable joy. The fact is, this movie is getting lukewarm receptions because it's only half-good. The Aliens and Predators were awesome, everything else was terrible by comparison. Next time, cut out all the extra crap and just give us a damned battle.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-08-22, 10:16 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Jeers to the following: 1) Too much..."
edit: argh who do I put spoiler things at it ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy