Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Ahhh!
Posted 2005-05-25, 12:19 PM
Quick quick! Someone get on West and gimme 100,000 gold! I sold a ber to a vendor and realized I was on a mule and none of my friends are on! Now I cant leave the dame game. I did get a good trade though!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-05-25, 01:48 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Ahhh!"
Kaneda said:
Quick quick! Someone get on West and gimme 100,000 gold! I sold a ber to a vendor and realized I was on a mule and none of my friends are on! Now I cant leave the dame game. I did get a good trade though!
Why on earth would you sell a ber of all things? Anyways if I was on west I'd help you out but Im on east.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DamonGalos

Posted 2005-05-25, 02:02 PM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "Why on earth would you sell a ber of..."
I needed to perm it, but it turns out that was the perm one and the other1 i didnt perm disapeard!
But sov helped me out
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2005-05-25, 02:21 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "I needed to perm it, but it turns out..."
Kaneda said:
I needed to perm it, but it turns out that was the perm one and the other1 i didnt perm disapeard!
But sov helped me out
Perming.....*sigh*

If you can read the fingerprint of that ber you'll notice it didnt change probably.

EDIT: Glad someone was able to help you out though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DamonGalos

Posted 2005-05-25, 02:25 PM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "Perming.....*sigh* If you can read..."
Well I dont know anything bout reading fingerprints. I try to avoid dupes as much as possible they're just so much of a hassle, I just got a really good deal this time and figured I could trade them away quick.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2005-05-25, 02:35 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Well I dont know anything bout reading..."
Kaneda said:
Well I dont know anything bout reading fingerprints. I try to avoid dupes as much as possible they're just so much of a hassle, I just got a really good deal this time and figured I could trade them away quick.
If you can turn it over quickly...its a risk I guess but smaller.

With the new dupe detection stuff each item has a unique fingerprint....it doesn't change.....ever. Yes thats right EVER. Selling and buying back is a joke...does it respawn new mods? No....

You cube it? Know what happens? It logs all of the runes used to cube that new rune. Doesn't work anymore but because it used to people think thats a method to help themselves. In theory if you had a duped El rune...and somehow managed to cube it to an ist...that whole ist could poof based on the fact there's a dupe in there should enough duped fingerprints be detected. Scary huh?

Runewords aren't safe either anymore. Used to be but now that Blizz keeps track of all the fingerprints used to make the new item....

Other recipies Im not sure (crafting and such) about I could ask for confirmation but I'd rather not say as I don't know for sure...given those usually use low runes that aren't duped anyways though I doubt thats an issue.

Frankly with the population lower than it used to be and how I suspect duping (on ladder at least) is slowing down if at all (though Im sure there's a method somewhere out there...probably some of the less reputable ebay stores) its probably becomming less of a problem....with the new Baal bots I think there's less of a drive to push to find new dupe methods because you just leave your computer for a week, come back and find some runes to cube or just have.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DamonGalos

Posted 2005-05-25, 06:33 PM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "If you can turn it over quickly...its a..."
Yeah well i am pretty sure that Blizz is not worrying about patching new dupe methods so if someone did find one it would be huge.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-05-25, 10:24 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "Yeah well i am pretty sure that Blizz..."
tidus2005 said:
Yeah well i am pretty sure that Blizz is not worrying about patching new dupe methods so if someone did find one it would be huge.
Given that I still hear complaints about this and that "poofing" I suspect that any current dupe methods (if they exist still) are using old techniques that have already been recognized by the current patch....

I really would bet that any of the stuff that doesn't dissapear has been baal botted....I find stuff myself and I dont even bother botting so Im sure someone letting their bot run for a week would find even more.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DamonGalos