Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Lightbulb Just for fun.. DIII brainstorm.
Posted 2004-08-23, 07:56 AM
I have always enjoyed thinking about how they could create a sequel to this wonderful game.. It must be a hard thing to pull off after smashing those stones, and not just have some mad dude peice them together.
First of all I would like to discard the idea of tyrel becoming curropted beacuse that is most likley what will happen if a sequel rools around. This is what I have been coming up with.

I dont like games where they direct me in what to do, and let it get more and more diffacult as it guides me. I like to make my own mistakes and find out my own stuff.
Story: Post distruction of the soul stones, explained by a dramatic cinematic. You are thrown into a character ( a demon in a war in hell, between the peoples down there. A long time ago) You fight a while then you come up to the prime evils, the people that you a fellow demon was revolting agenst, you talk to em a bit and then youre four or five ugly friends show up behind you and then the prime evils lock you up in some fucked up cage. Now it ends. Another cinematic starts just like 10 seconds long and it just shows the hammer coming down on all the soalstones and them the worldstone breaking and then them escapeing from their cage.
Of course you can skip that the second time around.. Now you select youre character.
You leave town and a old map is put up on the screen showing the known world, you choose where to go in general, evenetully with the help of some friends you are told to go to a town in witch some old guy tells you about all this stuff, quickly there after the old guy dies. Seeking to find out more; you do finding out that hell has once again become organized. You know the location of all the demons except the head honcho, who you will have to defeat the other 4 guys to get to in the first place. Throughout the land there are 3 librays and they will tell you what the creatures are like in areas so you have a dim idea of how things will be. That is youre quest, you have to find the demons and kill them one by one. Gather their stone things.. Witch serve as keys for the final boss's lair, after you insert the keys you are suprised to find that each one appears and you fight each one over again. The doors open and you get youre stones back, you beat the final boss get his stone, with these stones you can call these guys up at any time for a fight, if you are in a place where there is a key receptical.
Also there are sidequests that you can just pick up, but dont have to accept so that if you just wanna go throught the game you dont have to bother.
Even after the final boss there is lots of cleanup to do, not just going back to kill him over and over again.... Still there are demons to kill, and these are harder post final boos demons that are bitches to take down but give good experence and have decent drops.
I would like to throw tyreal into the story trying to tell you that you are taking the wrong approach to killing these demons, eventully he is killed.
I like the summoning opion beacuse you can take on multipe big boys at once.
Combat; I like the old combat systym, keep it, but in boss battles I want monsters in there like it was with andarial except more of em.
Tree; Full customization, eventully once you are very set on a path some of the other paths close making character ideas almost infinate.
Stats; same as always, but make somthing important about energy so that people will points into it.
Characters;
All the ones we already know.. and possibly a demon class, and a monk for sure, I wouldnt mind a different species of people that could be played as as well.. you may ask why you would want chars if the tree is full custimizeable well just beacuse some chars do things better and have advantages on certan points of the tree.
Like it; have any ideas of youre own??
Zelaron - [ Translate this page ]
Zelaron est une communauté en ligne pour des gamers, des programmeurs et des ar.
www.yotor.com/wiki/fr/ze/Zelaron.htm - 5k - Cached - Similar pages
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Arkantis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenArkantis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Arkantis

Posted 2004-08-23, 12:01 PM in reply to Arkantis's post "Just for fun.. DIII brainstorm."
Explain the tree idea again i didnt quite follow.
XboxLive: x2xExZ

D2jsp: Your_Mom
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2004-08-23, 12:39 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "Explain the tree idea again i didnt..."
SlickFic04 said:
Explain the tree idea again i didnt quite follow.
The entire bracket would be available there would probially be about 15-20 base skills that tree off into others. Now, you can have 4 base skills then the other ones block off and that is the grounds for youre char. The chars would do better with certan abilities than others so it is still possible to make a bad build. But at the same time you can have a barb warriror type thing and you can devote one of his sections to somthing else maybe some magic to fall back on just in case, makeing the game much more intresting, so you dont just know what is gonna come at you. With good planning you could do some sweet stuff.. As I said it would also make the thing infinate... I would also like to think that you could at a certan level (I mean after using a certan number of points) you would be able to get another base skill and do even more... In the end the entire tree is youres.
Zelaron est une communauté en ligne pour des gamers, des programmeurs et des ar.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Arkantis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenArkantis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Arkantis

Posted 2004-08-23, 12:52 PM in reply to Arkantis's post starting "The entire bracket would be available..."
Boring!!! There are too many story for D3 already, come up some ideas for d4 please.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-08-23, 01:48 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "Boring!!! There are too many story for..."
sounds like X1 w/ some chars being better at shit then others...cuz the 4 diff classes and how some are better w/ diff weapons and such. but ya i dunno i would want it to be 3d and if not 3d then at least updated 3d graphics :P
Eh Ma, Ima Gunna B An Engish Magor

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
koolio_kid2001 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkoolio_kid2001 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

koolio_kid2001

Posted 2004-08-23, 02:47 PM in reply to koolio_kid2001's post starting "sounds like X1 w/ some chars being..."
Hey smart people, the story behinde Diablo has 7 Prime evils and we havent killed all 7 yet so when and if a new relase comes out it will be all about the remaining evils. If you wanna make the game play of Diablo better thats very easy, take out synergies by at least 1/2 and then make the minions and creatues we have to defeat hard. Diablo shouldnt be a pussy shit that cant even hurt you with his lighting, i mean come on i can solo him in like 3 minutes with 8 ppl in the game. He should have at least 20k more life and cast apocolypse and shit that does like 20,000 damage just like a fire sorc does 20k. Fucking Black Souls do more damage then him. For other minions/boses such as Baal himself, hes easy as hell too. Only thing he has going is hes annoying since he clones and mana burs you. Other then that he cant kill shit. And as for Diablo Clone, people think hes hard. Hes not hard it just takes forever to kill him. Make that fucker do damage then you can say hes hard.

The problem with Diablo is its far to easy to beat PvM wise. It hasnt improved at all from 1.09 to 1.10. Casters not do 10,000+ damage mroe then in 09 so it makes it just as easy. Not to mention anything immune can be taken out if you lower resist it or Conviction it. Diablo PvM wise is incredibly easy and that takes a huge part of the game out.

As for cahracters, there was a Monk in Diablo Hellfire and it was a failure. If there are going to be new classes make it relate to the time setting more. Monks etc. are a joke go play Ever Quest if you want random characters and races like elves and things made up thrown into the story. If there are going to be new classes put 2 in not like 5 more new 1's. The two new classes should be something like a Cleric and a Seraph (High Ranking Protector of heaven). That would keep the game with human races and not throw it all out of order.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Endurack is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Endurack

Posted 2004-08-23, 02:59 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "Hey smart people, the story behinde..."
I can think of at least 50 more better ideas then those.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-08-23, 07:32 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "Hey smart people, the story behinde..."
Endurack said:
Hey smart people, the story behinde Diablo has 7 Prime evils and we havent killed all 7 yet so when and if a new relase comes out it will be all about the remaining evils.
That is your first sentence, and it is completely wrong. Therefor, I did not read the rest of your post, because it was bound to be a fucking disgrace, however, I will give it a quick skimming just so I can cane your ass.
First off....

"After possessing the body of the hero who defeated him, Diablo resumes his nefarious scheme to shackle humanity into unholy slavery by joining forces with the other Prime Evils, Mephisto and Baal. Only you will be able to determine the outcome of this final encounter..."
- www.blizzard.com, the official website of the company that makes Diablo II.

In other words, there are only THREE (3) Prime Evils. The other four (4) that you mentioned are considered "Lesser Evils", two of which are Andariel and Duriel, who have been healthily raped many a time by the millions of D2 addicts around the world.

When someone is wrong, they shouldn't be boasting about being correct and calling other people morons. You deserve not only a swift kick in the testicles, but perhaps a follow up castration, to ensure that a cocky little bastard like you will not reproduce. Now that you have been linguistically ravaged by me and my superior knowledge of a computer game that you seem to think you know everything about, you can take your sorry ass elsewhere. I am going to go kill some endangered animals.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-08-23, 09:09 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "I can think of at least 50 more better..."
tokill.ace said:
I can think of at least 50 more better ideas then those.
Present? Serously anybody can talk..
But I will have to say that I will defend my idea of not being guided by the game to the death beacuse I dont like being hand fed a story and have a lil arrow above my head telling me where to go to win.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Arkantis

Posted 2004-08-24, 10:42 AM in reply to Arkantis's post starting "Present? Serously anybody can talk....."
Not a bad idea at all, i think there should be like an angel and demon class, be a way different from any d2 game but it would make it alot more fun. Maybe make up a holy section of characters and an evil section. Like Black Knight Vs our ever loving Palidan. IDK about necromancers cuz they seem pretty evil to begin with. But hey im just brainstorming. Duelz would be more like Light Vs Dark than every man for himself. IDK maybe i've been playing Wolfenstein: ET to much.
XboxLive: x2xExZ

D2jsp: Your_Mom
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2004-08-24, 03:53 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "Not a bad idea at all, i think there..."
I think you should be ENTIRELY from in the position of a demon. There could be multiple demon classes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags