Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post Hammerdins
Posted 2003-12-18, 09:46 AM
It sounds like hammerdins are pretty powerful and can be good MFers so I was wondring what a good Hammerdin/MFer set up including equipment would be.

Also im wondering if the concentrate thing really truely is a bug and not worth getting or if its just part of the game and I should use it with hammerdins.
I would have a better sig, but I just got here
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Cheshire Cat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCheshire Cat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Cheshire Cat

Posted 2003-12-18, 10:57 AM in reply to Cheshire Cat's post "Hammerdins"
The mf gear is basically the same that you would put on an mf sorce..... Ptopaz shako, Ptopaz skullders, 7%mfsc's, ect.... why would you even ask a question like that? O_o
ELMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jimbo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJimbo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jimbo

Posted 2003-12-18, 01:37 PM in reply to Cheshire Cat's post "Hammerdins"
Well I want to know like what weapon I should use, should I get like a fast cast or does that not effect the hammers. Or should I get a sheild and have HS as well as the hammers.
I would have a better sig, but I just got here
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Cheshire Cat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCheshire Cat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Cheshire Cat

Posted 2003-12-18, 03:21 PM in reply to Cheshire Cat's post "Hammerdins"
well hammerdins r good mfers but they hav a problem dealing wif range monster especially around frigid/bloody n arreats as the random uniqs may hav amp or conv aura on and mfing pindle wif a hammerdin is kinda tricky as the temple is kinda small u gota know how to cast ur bh or else ur hammers will juz be hitting the wall, hammerdins r good at mfing eldtrich tho, wif my hammerdin i only do these runs = eldtrich/shenk/pindle/travs

well for gears = weap-heart of the oak / wizspike
armor-upgraded vipermagi,G.angel or enigma()
gloves-Frosties or magefist
belt-glooms trap or rare caster belt
boots-silkweave or travs
ammy-seraphs,maras,rare +2 pally caster ammy wif prismatic/fcr
rings-SOJS!!!!
helm-shako
shield-Zak or SS or exile
yes max Holy shield as well u'll survive longer,put 1 into defiance n salvation,concentration works wif BH,add tons of dmg into hammers well thats bout it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DarkXSavior is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDarkXSavior is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DarkXSavior

Posted 2003-12-19, 03:20 PM in reply to Cheshire Cat's post "Hammerdins"
what about chr points..how should i allocate them into my hammerdin?..besides the synergies for BH..what are other skills u suggest i use...any suggestions to make a hybrid..blessed hammer + another type???
What is this!?! A center for ants!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
supaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensupaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

supaflip_69

Posted 2003-12-19, 05:01 PM in reply to Cheshire Cat's post "Hammerdins"
Blessed Hammer, Concentration, Vigor, Blessed Aim, Holy Shield. Feel free to use it the search button sometime. I heard it was more then a decoration.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-12-19, 11:31 PM in reply to Cheshire Cat's post "Hammerdins"
lol..kuja..u a joker..anyways..when i said chr points..i meant vit/str/mana/dex..sorry if i confused anyone
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
supaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensupaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

supaflip_69

Posted 2003-12-19, 11:41 PM in reply to Cheshire Cat's post "Hammerdins"
str: enought for equip
dex: enought for 75% block with holy shield on
vit: put the rest
energy: nothing

Thats basicly what i would do with almost any char.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-12-20, 01:21 AM in reply to Cheshire Cat's post "Hammerdins"
well it depends on how u wana bulild ur hammerdin...u may juz hav enough str for ur gear but if u hav high str u could upgrade ur gear which means better def,high dex=75%block well then there is vit ...well put the rest in vit
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DarkXSavior is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDarkXSavior is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DarkXSavior

Posted 2003-12-20, 08:12 AM in reply to Cheshire Cat's post "Hammerdins"
i was thinking about making a hammerdin too, if you want a good one are they expensive to make? it seems like it because they use a lot of the runes and hey kuja is that the exact order you should put your skills in?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2003-12-20, 08:30 AM in reply to Cheshire Cat's post "Hammerdins"
You can make a good one without much. But with the correct item they are extremly godly.

Nope, the correct order would be 10~ blessed hammer, max concentration, 5 Vigor, max blessed hammer, max blessed aim and then holy shield.

The reason why you should stop at 10 blessed hammer and raise conc instead is mostly because at that level you mana is low. Puting point directly in blessed hammer wouldnt make much a diff. other then having a heavier mana cost. + the aura can ehlp your whole party which is more useful at that level. The problem with mana can be quickly fixed with a 6 socket 1 handed weapon where you put 6 tir in. But even then like i said. The aura is more useful during that time anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-12-20, 10:34 AM in reply to Cheshire Cat's post "Hammerdins"
wait so concentration increases the damage of your blessed hammer? and why shouldnt i max vigor since it also increase the damage of blessed hammer
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2003-12-21, 11:55 AM in reply to Cheshire Cat's post "Hammerdins"
just curious as to if im doing something wrong...my hammerdin, lvl 63 goes through potions like nothing...im always out of mana and health(health likely due to how poor i am-lack of items)...i have 8 mana per kill thing from items...anything i should change so im not so potion dependant?
ladder is irksome...im so poor and everyone still has so much stuff...
Nemo me impune lacessit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Maleficus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMaleficus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Maleficus

Posted 2003-12-21, 08:32 PM in reply to Cheshire Cat's post "Hammerdins"
iceman887 said:
wait so concentration increases the damage of your blessed hammer? and why shouldnt i max vigor since it also increase the damage of blessed hammer
You max vigor. I just said the order you shoudl raise them before maxing the skills. So it would be easier to play at low level.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-12-21, 10:03 PM in reply to Cheshire Cat's post "Hammerdins"
just curious as to what kinda charms i should be using for my hammerdin, also..what runes do u suggest i socket into my wizspike, occy, guardian angel, hoz?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

supaflip_69

Posted 2003-12-22, 06:19 AM in reply to Cheshire Cat's post "Hammerdins"
hammerdin=combat charms or offensive charms but prefer combat as it will add for ur bh,charge,holy shield
u using an occy for a hammerdin!? new build ?!? lol,nah dont waste a socket on a wizzy,get heart of the oak, for hoz um it while guardian angel..if thats ur choice of armor i would um it as well, if the occy is for ur sorc ist it or socket a facet depending on ur skill tree
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DarkXSavior

Posted 2003-12-22, 06:58 AM in reply to Cheshire Cat's post "Hammerdins"
Meh, ist in a occy would be waste lol. I would rather use a baba with ist. Put a facet in it. supaflip_69 Occy cant be used on a paly. Heart of oak would be a very good choice. But if you cant afford/get a Heart of Oak you can use Wiz it is a very suitable and useful replacement.

For the charm. I would say use some resist all sc or high single resist sc. Im not much of a fan at putting um everywhere. +Combat charm are also the way to go. I would find it more useful to get bonus from socket that i cannot achieve with charm. Like puting jah rune or stuff like that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-12-22, 11:40 AM in reply to Cheshire Cat's post "Hammerdins"
.........who would socket a jah in ur gears?!?! when somebody has a jah......the first thing that crosses their mind is.........woot im gona get an enigma.............not ....okay this jah is goin into my helm or somethin =P,about the um gears issue,true but most ppls go for it cuz u can hav better charms on besides res for example life/psn charms/ar/skill gcs
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DarkXSavior

Posted 2003-12-22, 04:53 PM in reply to Cheshire Cat's post "Hammerdins"
In blessed hammer situation. Poison isnt required and resist charm can give life too as far as i remember. % life increase also affect the gain from life you get from items/charm.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-12-26, 09:27 PM in reply to Cheshire Cat's post "Hammerdins"
oops..did i say occy..i mean shako..what should i socket in shako..but thanx..i'll probably put um into hoz, um into guardian angel, and still not sure what to put into wizspike and shako..would u guys suggest +mana after kill jewel/rune for wiz/shako?...as for charms, i'm going to go with 20 life +2nd mod small charms and the rest will be combat charms
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

supaflip_69