Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post ladder build?
Posted 2003-10-30, 08:48 AM
kuja or anyone else who has a successful ladder char share your build as far as skills go? i have a druid that is doing ok but i think i will start getting own after i go to nightmare.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2003-10-30, 01:21 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "ladder build?"
My build is deff. not the easy way, it is extremly hard considering you wont have good item for a long time.

What i would suggest is a sorc, necro or pally.

Sorc

Firebolt/Fireball and Frozen Orb/cold masterty build seem to be wroking very good.

Necro

The melee skeleton are very strong and resistant revive shouldnt be used as it is very weak. I still dont know about skeleton mage but they probably not worth it. The curse are just crazy ! Amplify can remove physical imune on some monster, Lower resist can remove some of the resist from certain monster and decrefy or whatever it s called REALY slow down. Even if i always loved necro i havnt explored much about their ability change. It will probably be my next character.

Pally

That im really unsure how they build it but it s probably max hammer + synergy, high holy shield and high concentration.
For concentration i must say im unsure i didnt ask but it s probably cause the aura effect dmg of hammer and that the 20% Uninterruptible.

The guy i seen using that build is very good you can look him out in ladder his name is sloww_paladin. He can solo in act 5 where groups can have hard time to survive !

For my build.

Well let s start whit a little something i seen so far.
I havnt seen anyone use the same type of build as me and nothing even close.
I maxed Poison and Plague Javalin, put 15 in guided arrow, 5 in multiple shot, 1 in cirtical, penetrate, piercing,inner sight and slow missile.

For the rest i am still thinking where i will put them. I probably gonna put some in critical and piercing then im not sure might be jab, guided or multiple shot.

Now to understand the strength of this character you gota understand how to play it !

Many will say why use plague jav when fury does more damage ?
The awnser is simple i plan to use plague jav to poison the target(s) and then switch to bow whit multiple shot or guided.

Enjoy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-10-30, 01:33 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "ladder build?"
I use a fury barb with 10X100 pdsc charms and I still got my 1 hacked white ring they forgot to deleat so im owning...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
The1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenThe1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

The1

Posted 2003-10-30, 01:33 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "ladder build?"
So you aren't on ladder.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-30, 01:35 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "ladder build?"
Yea, Im ladder.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
The1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenThe1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

The1

Posted 2003-10-30, 03:38 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "ladder build?"
NO, you're not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-10-30, 03:46 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "ladder build?"
How would he get his old items, White ring and SMPC's, onto the ladder realm - not possible without some hacking. So unless he hacked the white ring in and was incredibly lucky and found 10 X100smpc's - he is full of shit.

I would really like him to tell me how you xfer items from the "normal" realms into the ladder realm.

I think maybe he just doesn't understand the difference between the ladder chars and the "normal" chars.

Last edited by Nippletwister; 2003-10-30 at 03:48 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nippletwister is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNippletwister is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nippletwister

Posted 2003-10-30, 09:15 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "ladder build?"
ladder chars are startin to get hard to level, im only 24
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2003-11-02, 08:22 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "ladder build?"
how would that pally work do you know kuja becuase you cant directlly target monsters with hammers. so do you just cast a lot of them and have the monsters chase you into them?
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2003-11-02, 11:57 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "ladder build?"
Ok since i was quite interested by those leet paly i made one myself yesterday. It is now level 57~ it work great ! Actualy great isnt even a good description i already do great dmg !

with Blessed hammer(20) + synergy(Vigor(20),Blessed Aim(20)) = Blessed hammer 1293-1320 damage !

I know it s good cause you can cast many hamer but nothing that crazy !
The crazy come when you turn on Concetration level 20 !

with Blessed hammer(20) + synergy(Vigor(20),Blessed Aim(20)) + Concentration level 20 = Blessed hammer 3516-3590 damage !

tidus2005 said:
how would that pally work do you know kuja becuase you cant directlly target monsters with hammers. so do you just cast a lot of them and have the monsters chase you into them?
You can control them just as much as any spell they always come out from the same place of your character it s the top left and always do the same circle so with time you will be able to know how to aim with it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-02, 01:33 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "ladder build?"
ok this sounds like a good build but what skills should i get when?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2003-11-02, 01:58 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "ladder build?"
Well i think you should get blessed hammer to about 10 then you max concentration as it will at almost same ammount of dmg without raising the mana cost of Blessed hammer and will help the whole party. After that you can max hammer, then i would go for vigor since it is a very useful skill.
Last skill i would max would most likely be Holy Shield, well i think i would max it anyway then it would leave 3 skill point that i would put in salvation.

I still aint sure if i will max Holy Shield im still thinking about it since i probably could use a few point in salvation or the other resist aura here is why.

With salvation you can reach up to 85 in resist without items and the specific resist you can reach up to 95 without items this could be an extremly important thing in act 5 hell since even at 75 resist in a 8 player game monster can do over 100 dmg a hit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-02, 02:09 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "ladder build?"
sorry about the double post didnt think the first one went

Last edited by tidus2005; 2003-11-02 at 02:13 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2003-11-02, 02:09 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "ladder build?"
so dont get blessed aim? would zeal be ok to put 4 points into since i cant get hammers till later? and what about stat points how much mana does blessed hammers take?

Last edited by tidus2005; 2003-11-02 at 02:16 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2003-11-02, 02:14 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "ladder build?"
Hum skill i counted were including blessed aim hehe i guess i just forgot to put it in . Well yeah you gota max blessed aim too but raise holy shield some at the same time since you will be far in game you will really need the blocking bonus !
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-02, 03:44 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "ladder build?"
I think you're better off just putting like 10 points in all the skills you want, then let +skills do it's job, and put any other skills in anything else you want to make better. Most skills only get fair improvement until about level 10, then the upgrade starts to be very slight.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-11-03, 06:55 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "ladder build?"
If you put only 10 point in skills you want you will end up with a char that can use mostly anything and in hell it would do basicly nothing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-03, 08:34 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "ladder build?"
i would have to agree with that hell monsters are hard for my non ladder sorc with decent gear including a SS. so i think that skill placement is much more important now.

How much mana/enengry do you have for your pally kuja? and do you use a lot of mana pots?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2003-11-03, 10:32 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "ladder build?"
my character is weak as hell, shes a level 24 zon and she cant hurt worth shit in act3 normal but im saving skill points for imolation, penetrate and freezing arrow

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2003-11-03, 11:54 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "ladder build?"
Well i dont think having a huge mana is a good thing cause it would be a waste of point sure maybe 20-30 in energy but not more ! We got mana potion now so why not use them. I have about 45-55 energy and i dont use that many mana potionim about 72~ and my dmg is over 4k dmg i still havnt maxed blessed aim.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja