Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post ladder chars
Posted 2003-07-04, 11:48 PM
All this talk about 1.10 and new ladder chars, but I really dont know what a ladder character is. What is the difference from a ladder character and a normal character, and how can i make one.
Thanks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Umpc is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUmpc is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Umpc

Posted 2003-07-05, 12:24 AM in reply to Umpc's post "ladder chars"
A ladder character is any character you make after patch 1.10, a non ladder character ofcouse would be any character make before patch 1.10.

A ladder character have all the new bouses and new items that Blizzard add on, but A non-ladder character will only recive some of those bouses.

You can't join a Ladder character game, if you playing a non-ladder character, ofcouse the oppsite way. There will be a time when you can join ladder character game, it's when the END OF LADDER SEASON, but the end of ladder season could be atleast 6 month to never come.

Hope I answer your question.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-07-05, 01:03 AM in reply to Umpc's post "ladder chars"
yea that helped out alot, thanks. so your sayin that if i make a new char after the patch comes out i wont be able to play with my non-ladder friends for at minimum of 6 months and will the non-ladder chars ever be able to get the new items coming out in 1.10?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Umpc is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUmpc is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Umpc

Posted 2003-07-05, 01:20 AM in reply to Umpc's post "ladder chars"
Non-ladder characters will recive some of the new items, and some of the new bounes that the new sets items will give you, and etc. Also that's what I first hear, that the ladder season will last atleast half year.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-07-05, 01:32 AM in reply to Umpc's post "ladder chars"
no if u make a char after 1.10 is out u can choose the char to be
ladder or non ladder just like u can choose hardcore or softcore

there are 4 ways to create ur char ladder hardcore, ladder softcore, hardcore, softcore each state has its own economy and games and will not be able to join the games of any other

if u choose ladder then u wont be able to join anything else but ladder games with that char, other chars still will be able to join other games if they are not ladder.

all ladder chars start out with nothing, some items and cube recipes are only able to drop/be used in ladder to give some advantages and reasons to play ladder

after ladder season ends all ladder chars become normal chars
and ladder season will start over again. with ur normal chars u can still get alot of new items just not the 1s that are only able to drop in ladder

if u need more info on what items to drop where u can go to www.diabloii.net
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2003-07-05, 01:41 AM in reply to Umpc's post "ladder chars"
Ya, if they ever decide to end the season. They didn't end the ladder in patch 1.09, and it lasted for 2 year.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Ganga

Posted 2003-07-05, 10:26 AM in reply to Umpc's post "ladder chars"
So if i decide to make a ladder char the whole d2 server will be all ladder chars like when you make a hc char, the trading chan and everything is hc. not sure if that is right. but who does everybody get together and play ladder together, or is it that all the games in the join game area are all ladder games.
thanks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Umpc

Posted 2003-07-05, 11:12 AM in reply to Umpc's post "ladder chars"
Yes. But there are HC Ladder and SC Ladder.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-07-05, 11:19 AM in reply to Umpc's post "ladder chars"
ok but what catagory do old 0.9 chars fall into when the new patch comes out? do they dissapear or just fall in with the normal non-ladder 0.10 chars?
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-07-05, 11:40 AM in reply to Umpc's post "ladder chars"
zagggon said:
ok but what catagory do old 0.9 chars fall into when the new patch comes out? do they dissapear or just fall in with the normal non-ladder 0.10 chars?
if its hardcore 1.09 they will become 1.10 non-ladder hc chars
if its softcore 1.09 they will 1.10 chars non-ladder sc chars
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2003-07-05, 12:53 PM in reply to Umpc's post "ladder chars"
awsom ok that is what i wanted to hear but will they have all the quests already done since you completed them in 0.9 or will you somehow be able to do them over. Also this is my big question that i would really like to know, say you have a high lvl char from 0.9 and you want to rush a new softcore 0.10 char, is this possible or is it somehow not allowed???
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-07-05, 02:49 PM in reply to Umpc's post "ladder chars"
If your new 1.10 char isn't a ladder char, im pretty sure you can.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Umpc

Posted 2003-07-05, 03:01 PM in reply to Umpc's post "ladder chars"
Like Umpc said, you can rush them if they are non-ladder character. Also from the beta test, you can't choose to make a non ladder char , you can only make ladder chars. So I am not sure if you can on the muti player.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Ganga

Posted 2003-07-05, 03:46 PM in reply to Umpc's post "ladder chars"
ummm ganga i think i remember seeing on one of the blizzard updates a while back at the arreat summit blizzard saying that you would be able to choose if you wanted your character to be a ladder character or a softcore character. actually im almost 100% sure they said that
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon

Posted 2003-07-06, 02:54 AM in reply to Umpc's post "ladder chars"
zagggon said:
awsom ok that is what i wanted to hear but will they have all the quests already done since you completed them in 0.9 or will you somehow be able to do them over. Also this is my big question that i would really like to know, say you have a high lvl char from 0.9 and you want to rush a new softcore 0.10 char, is this possible or is it somehow not allowed???
i think all the quests will still remain completed if u have done them in 1.09

also u must think of 1.09 chars becoming 1.10 chars, so 1.09 is history, all chars become 1.10
sure its possible to rush them if u are on the same side (hc, sc, ladder)

but I thought blizz added a lvl restriction to some queests
or to get in nm or hell any1 know if they did this or not ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2003-07-06, 10:45 AM in reply to Umpc's post "ladder chars"
undeadzombieguy said:
zagggon said:
i think all the quests will still remain completed if u have done them in 1.09

also u must think of 1.09 chars becoming 1.10 chars, so 1.09 is history, all chars become 1.10
sure its possible to rush them if u are on the same side (hc, sc, ladder)

but I thought blizz added a lvl restriction to some queests
or to get in nm or hell any1 know if they did this or not ?
i made a bugged sorc but left it at lvl 1 and beat norm, nm, hell and i was only lvl 20 at the end. so i dont think the restricts are on, or maybe they didnt include that in the beta.

Last edited by Umpc; 2003-07-06 at 10:48 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Umpc

Posted 2003-07-06, 11:58 AM in reply to Umpc's post "ladder chars"
lol..

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V