Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

James's Review: Passion of the Christ
Posted 2004-03-15, 10:04 PM
The Passion of the Christ

Well, I finally saw it about an hour ago, and my mind is still mixing around with emocians with the movie, so right now, i'll state some smaller phrases which come out when describing the movie.

Beautiful. Graphic. Emocianal.

Yep. Anywho, on with the review..

The directing and cinematography in this movie were excellent! The whole movie was like a giant painting. It was phenominal how they could use the truely express their emocians. Very nice, overall..Some of the best cinematography I have seen in a movie.

The acting was top notch! I can't say that there is a single flaw in any of the acting. I mean, I can't believe how well this was casted. Very nice. They all did very well in portraying their charictor.

Now, for the nuts and bolts of it:

This movie is very graphic, not violent as much..just graphic. I like to think that I am desensitized pretty much, but some of these scenes made even me flinch. The flogging scene was very well done, graphic and all, but I loved how he (Mel Gibson) protrayed it. When he was being nailed into the cross, they backed off a little, and I am very glad they did. You saw the nail going into his hands, but not at its full brutalness. I was happy with their overall judgement on how far they should push the envelope.

Ok. I can see why some could view this as "Anti-Semetic". But in the end, the Jewish people end up helping Jesus while carrying the cross to the top of the hill. It wasn't like Mel Gibson was deleberatly wanting people to hate Jews, it is what actually happened (Well, that is what I believe, I am a Christian. Some may think otherwise)

So, with its beautiful direction and cinematography, awesome acting, and not-over-the-top gore...I would rate this movie a solid:

9/10

This movie had some very moving areas, and flashbacks worked very well, to slow the pace, and allow the viewer to take a break from the torture of Jesus. When I left the theatre, my legs were shaking.

Oh yes, and all dialogue is spoken in Aramaic. So, everything is in subtitles, but I actually really liked it like that. It gave it so much more authenticity, and really sent you into the film.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin