Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Exclamation Blizz "3rd Team" title upcoming..
Posted 2007-07-24, 03:44 PM
Credited: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=14691

This is pretty awesome news. The Diablo 3 rumor has been growing rapidly, and now possibly, it may be closer than ever to being revealed. I would definately hop on the bandwagon as soon as it's announced, unknowing even how the game would play out. But if you all remember back a while (a year or so) when Blizzard had announced that all of their new titles are going to be on the same platform as WoW (MMORPG and 3d gameplay) .. with the announcement of SC2, and WoW already being worked on and running, those being rules out this HAS to be Diablo 3. C'mon Blizzard!

E3 Exclusive: Blizzard Establishes Third Team, New Game Expected

Talking to Gamasutra, Frank Pearce, founding member and senior vice president of product development for Blizzard revealed that the company has a third team hard at work on a new title, separate from World of Warcraft and StarCraft II.

The comment came amid discussion of the company's current workforce. "Our global headcount is 2,700," said Pearce, "And most of that is customer service for World of Warcraft! In terms of development staff it’s probably around 350. World of Warcraft is about 135 people, 40 for Starcraft II, 40 for team 3, our cinematics team is about 85 guys. Then there’s sound and Q/A and that sort of thing."

When pressed for details regarding the new project, Pearce was cagey. "Team 3 is working on something really awesome. I can’t give you any hints, but it’s totally awesome."

All attempts to extract additional information were understandably met with looks of shock and horror from Blizzard's director of global public relations, who also attended the meeting.

Gamasutra was able to confirm that, in spite of Rob Pardo's comments at Hollywood and Games that they weren't giving up on StarCraft Ghost, this Blizzard project remains something different. With Blizzcon coming up in mere weeks, it's possible that additional information could be revealed at that time.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-07-24, 04:25 PM in reply to D3V's post "Blizz "3rd Team" title..."
They've already confirmed they were announcing it at Blizzcon, I'm pretty sure. I think they even said there will be a playable Starcraft II demo at Blizzcon this year, I was almost tempted to go since it's an hour away max.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-24, 04:50 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "They've already confirmed they were..."
Yeah but they've called it Team3 and threw out the options of it being SC:Ghost or even WoW:Expansion II .. which is nice. Just being a Longtime Diablo fan, I can only hope that they throw out another isntallment while i'm living out the last years of my gaming life

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-07-24, 04:51 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah but they've called it Team3 and..."
Well, we already know another WoW expansion is coming, Blizzard stated that they're looking to put one out a year now.

Since this team is reportedly seperate from the WoW team, I hope it means Diablo 3 as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-24, 10:35 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Well, we already know another WoW..."
How long has everyone been waiting? Over 5 years...?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-25, 01:21 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "How long has everyone been waiting?..."
Well, I'm pretty sure Diablo II came out in 2000, and the Expansion in 2001, or something like that. So yeah roughly 5-6 years or so.. But hopefully it's worth the effing wait.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V