Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post Fighting Games
Posted 2003-12-22, 07:11 PM
Does anyone here play any fighting games seriously? By serious I mean actually practice a lot, go to tournaments, and try to be the best you can be at the game. If not does anyone just play any for fun?

Games I play:

Capcom vs Snk2
Guilty Gear XX
Marvel vs Capcom 2
and soon to be Street Fighter III 3rd Strike (for Christmas)

Post what fighting games you guys play.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shade enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShade enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shade

Posted 2003-12-22, 07:31 PM in reply to Shade's post "Fighting Games"
Rival Schools, Rival Schools Project Justice...Dead or Alive 2...erm...um... Super Smash Brothers and I think thats about it =).
"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind"
"Im about to overload my aggression inhibitors"

"It says....push any key...er um, which one is the 'any' key?"

"Knowledge is Power. Power--Leads to Corruption. So we all go to school to be Evil!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
StarcraftGhost is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStarcraftGhost is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

StarcraftGhost

Posted 2003-12-22, 07:36 PM in reply to Shade's post "Fighting Games"
hehe, super smash bros! I was great at this game i havnt played in at least 1 year. I used to play against 2 friend that were teaming and i wouldnt lose. I always used Pikachu or JigglyPuff!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-12-22, 07:45 PM in reply to Shade's post "Fighting Games"
I play Super Smash Bros Melee with my friends once in a while to mess around, but they are really good at the game so I usually just get wrecked on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shade enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShade enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shade

Posted 2003-12-22, 08:01 PM in reply to Shade's post "Fighting Games"
Pikachu and Jiggly are really the best once you can control them correctly
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-12-22, 08:17 PM in reply to Shade's post "Fighting Games"
Yeah I basically just use Jiggly and I get a few suprise kills with her down+B move that I somehow land a lot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shade

Posted 2003-12-22, 08:20 PM in reply to Shade's post "Fighting Games"
Roy and Marth own all!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-12-22, 08:22 PM in reply to Shade's post "Fighting Games"
just the regular stret fighter 2, or street fighter vs. x-men, we usually has a yearly thing going on as a tournament....well we stopped about 3 years ago, it was really fun because we had a lot of people watching and it was like a party, ..i remember those sweet days :-P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman

Posted 2003-12-22, 08:42 PM in reply to Shade's post "Fighting Games"
Street Fighter 2 is still a widely played game and I've been meaning to get good at it sometime soon. Lots of tournaments for it. Havn't really played X-men vs street fighter much.

p.s. Roy sucks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shade

Posted 2003-12-23, 03:28 AM in reply to Shade's post "Fighting Games"
Bah, Mario ownz all on Melee... I can beat anyone.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-12-23, 07:17 AM in reply to Shade's post "Fighting Games"
Nah, Jiggly and Pikachu own all!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-12-23, 02:04 PM in reply to Shade's post "Fighting Games"
Shade said:
Street Fighter 2 is still a widely played game and I've been meaning to get good at it sometime soon. Lots of tournaments for it. Havn't really played X-men vs street fighter much.

p.s. Roy sucks.
you think they will have that as a on-line gaming (street fighter 2) for x-box or gcube??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman

Posted 2003-12-23, 02:32 PM in reply to Shade's post "Fighting Games"
I really doubt it, althought there is a Capcom vs Snk 2 that has online play for the xbox (and I think gamecube maybe?), but I hear it's not too good cause of the lag. You could always download Zsnes and Zbattle (www.zbattle.net) and play it online as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shade

Posted 2003-12-23, 02:37 PM in reply to Shade's post "Fighting Games"
What's the best fighting game that I can get on an emulator?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-12-23, 02:54 PM in reply to Shade's post "Fighting Games"
Snes emulator or any?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shade

Posted 2003-12-23, 03:09 PM in reply to Shade's post "Fighting Games"
I use...Link...Link owns. Link and Zelda are Godly in a team. I hate Young Link...you know why? I'll tell you why. His taunt...yeah you heard me, his taunt. He has pherhaps the longest taunt out all the characters. I hit my friend into a bomb and explodes, sending him flying upwards out of the screen and into the background. I did a pose. That pose took so damn long that jumped back in and did a Falcon Punch as soon as Young Link finished drinking. That is why I hate Young Link =P
"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind"
"Im about to overload my aggression inhibitors"

"It says....push any key...er um, which one is the 'any' key?"

"Knowledge is Power. Power--Leads to Corruption. So we all go to school to be Evil!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
StarcraftGhost is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStarcraftGhost is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

StarcraftGhost

Posted 2003-12-23, 03:15 PM in reply to Shade's post "Fighting Games"
Young Link does suck..he has like no power compared to Link. I use pure jigglypuff and then maybe C. Falcon once in a while. His knee thrust in the air is too good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shade

Posted 2003-12-23, 03:21 PM in reply to Shade's post "Fighting Games"
Souk Calibur is great.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-12-23, 03:25 PM in reply to Shade's post "Fighting Games"
32 bit stuff, like Genesis or SNES. Games like Marvel vs Capcom or whatever with those insanely huge screen-sized combos seem fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-12-23, 03:26 PM in reply to Shade's post "Fighting Games"
Soul Calibur one was a good game, but the second one is a little bit better. I don't play it much though because well I dunno..I don't like 3D fighting games too much.

Edit:

Grav, eh there isn't any marvel vs capcom for snes or genesis...but games like Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 have some really advanced combo crap in them if you know how to do them. Also you could try Killer Instinct. I don't know any genesis fighting games, sorry.

Last edited by Shade; 2003-12-23 at 03:45 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shade