Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post Round 2! Auron vs. Dante

Posted 2003-10-23, 04:23 AM
Arena: Unhallowed Ground

In the Red Corner, the immortal vagabond, the boozehound samurai, from Final Fantasy 10: Auron!!!

And in the Blue Corner, the crimson-colored devil slayer, the half-demon master of carnage, from Devil May Cry: Dante!!!

The aging samurai perches atop a crumbled stone wall, waiting patiently for his prey to make his first wrong move. The demon-killer draws his sword, stalking through the harsh, upturned cemetary grounds, relentlessly searching for his newest enemy. The two stone-faced warriors catch glimpse of one another and freeze solid. One single twitch is all it could take to set this powder keg off. Who will be the first to make his move? Who will be the first to draw blood? Who will be the last man standing? Make your choices, and show no mercy...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-10-23, 04:51 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Hmm, my prediction is the majority will go for Dante, although I myself believe Auron would win.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-23, 04:54 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Well, any particular reason why? Honestly, I don't know much about either character, but I can safely say I know more about Dante, and I'm not entirely sure how Auron could win this one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-10-23, 05:26 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Well, Dante obviously has the speed advantage here. Dante has many more weapons also. They're both undead, I believe, I never got far enough in FFX to find out, but someone said Auron is undead.

Anyway, with Auron's power, it wouldn't take too many hits to kill Dante, but hitting him might be a problem. This battle would end up being a battle of luck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-23, 05:46 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Well, what do you think, in a battle of luck, would tip the scales in Auron's favor? They are both cool, calculating characters, therefore he couldn't rely on flustering Dante mentally. Is there any ability in particular that would be especially hazardous to Dante's approach?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2003-10-23, 06:03 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
The Auron's Bushido

Dragon Fang: You will have it at the beginning of the game

Down+Left+Up+Right+L1+R1+O+X is the combination to perform it.

Shooting Star: Really a good one, Auron runs at one enemy and strike it to
send it out of the battle field. You will have it when you find the Jecht
Sphere after beating Spherimorph in the Macalania Wood.

Triangle+Circle+Square+X+Left+Right+X and good bye to the victim.

Banishing Blade: Nice one here, not only that it deals nice damages but also
that when you use it correctly, Auron will inflict all the breaks(Power,
Armor, Mental and Magic break)to the enemy. You will learn it after finding
Three Jecht Spheres.

Up, L1, Down, R1, Right, Left+Triangle

Tornado: The last one, damages all enemies. You will obtain it by getting all
ten Jecth spheres.

X+Right+R1+Left+L1+Triangle

I'm particularly attracted to banishing blade for this battle. The execution isn't complicated, and it does a lot of damage and inflicts all of the breaks(not sure if you will count them for this battle.) The breaks would GREATLY increase Auron's chances of winning this battle.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-23, 06:36 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
I don't even know what you mean by "breaks." What exactly would this do to Dante?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2003-10-23, 06:39 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Power, Armor, Mental and Magic break

These are regular abilities of Auron's. The limit break inflicts ALL of them though.

Power Break drasticly lowers the enemies attack power.

Armor Break drasticly lowers the enemies defence.

Mental Break I'm not sure about, but it must be bad.

Finally, Magic Break lowers magic and magic defense(I believe.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-23, 06:41 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Well, that would be pretty nasty. I'm interested to see what a Dante expert (read: Senesia) would have to say in response to that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2003-10-23, 06:52 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Someone could also back me up a bit on the breaks, since I was just telling what they do from memory(and my memory is horrible.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-23, 06:55 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
You've been spooning with too many bards.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2003-10-23, 08:00 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Raziel said:
You've been spooning with too many bards.
No, he's been forking with too many bards.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-10-23, 08:17 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
I'd spoon a bard if I knew one, but what does this have to do with anything?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-23, 01:24 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
First of all, in a response to K_A's comment, it is not true that they are both undead.

Auron is undead, but Dante is half-demon, half human. They are immortal in a different way.

Auron...being more superior in strength, short in words, cold in personality and he is the legendary guardian.

Had Dante encountered similar foe in the past?
In fact, yes. Nelo Angelo in DMC1. Wielding a even bigger sword, dexterous (Much more so than Auron), regining in both physical and magical strength...

Dante has the speed advantage, and has more variety of attacks. Being the calculating type of characters, having variety (in the attacks) is an important thing, because after the opponent has seen and dodged the attack once, it is hard to catch him with that same attack in the second use.

Also, Auron is not effective at attacking aerial or agile creatures. And what does that mean? Dante is always nimble, and when he triggers his devil mode in Alastor, he can use Air Raid and becomes nimble and aerial.

K_A has listed Auron's Overdrive (Bushido is his overdrives...if I remember correctly.) But overdrive is not something to be relied on.

I will leave it at that for now.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-10-23, 01:57 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
You can't even compare Auron to Nelo Angelo. Nelo Angelo was the pussiest boss I've EVER faught in the history of gaming. He was not only stupid, he rushed into things. He was arogant and over confident.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-23, 02:09 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
I was comparing the strength, and his abilities in combat. In Dante Must Die! mode, Nelo's combo is 1 hit kill for Dante. He rushes into things because he has an extremely high defense, and a superb reflex which enables him to counter the attack and deal more damage than his foe in the countering.

But... let's talk about Auron.

I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-10-23, 02:18 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Well of course, anything in Dante Must Die! mode is gonna be better than in normal mode. If you're gonna compare them, you should compare Nelo Angelo in normal mode to Auron in normal mode, which is like comparing a cat to a mouse.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-23, 02:27 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Ethereal Sword attacks are still deadly if Dante is not careful.

But, let's get back to Auron vs. Dante. I didn't base my argument on Nelo. vs. Dante, so there is no need to continue that.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-10-23, 06:50 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
I say Master Jinx would win....
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-10-25, 02:40 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
*Bump*

Dante: Hey, old man with shades! Show me what you've got with that big sword of yours!

It is a bump, because... someone should defend for Auron... I think.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia