Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

TED talks Director
Posted 2009-11-18, 01:09 PM
A vast variety of topics can be accessed through TED. I would recommend that if you ever get free time throughout your day, check out some of the videos posted on their YouTube channel, or their actual website.

Most recently:

Quote:
http://www.ted.com At TEDIndia, Pranav Mistry demos several tools that help the physical world interact with the world of data -- including a deep look at his SixthSense device and a new, paradigm-shifting paper "laptop." In an onstage Q&A, Mistry says he'll open-source the software behind SixthSense, to open its possibilities to all.
BORKED

This video is amazing. It's still playing for me, but after listening for a few minutes I think it would fit pretty well on Zelaron.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-11-18, 02:13 PM in reply to D3V's post "TED talks Director"
That is exceptionally cool.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-11-18, 02:36 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That is exceptionally cool."
Yeah, the video kept getting better as I was watching it. Very interesting. As he stated, they're just trying to bridge the gap between the physical and technological worlds. Internet turned inside out? Just grasping the concepts he is presenting is ingenious. I guess only time will prove to us what works and what ideally will be good for our future.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-11-18, 02:55 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah, the video kept getting better as..."
The main thing I like about it is how it's bringing the digital world into the real world. Like he said, it's better than us becoming machines in front of machines all day. It's pretty brilliant.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-11-19, 01:29 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The main thing I like about it is how..."
Yeah. Listening to things of that nature just make me feel all good inside, and more hopeful towards the future of our civilization.

Here's the newest video:
Quote:
Devdutt Pattanaik takes an eye-opening look at the myths of India and of the West -- and shows how these two fundamentally different sets of beliefs about God, death and heaven help us consistently misunderstand one another.
Currently watching it, I really like the concept of this video as well.

BORKED

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-11-24, 01:56 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah. Listening to things of that..."
Transition to a world without oil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8meWY0W40OA&feature=sub

TED said:
Rob Hopkins reminds us that the oil our world depends on is steadily running out. He proposes a unique solution to this problem -- the Transition response, where we prepare ourselves for life without oil and sacrifice our luxuries to build systems and communities that are completely independent of fossil fuels.
BORKED

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-11-25, 02:40 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Transition to a world without oil ..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiK5-oAaeUs

TED said:
Hans Rosling was a young guest student in India when he first realized that Asia had all the capacities to reclaim its place as the world's dominant economic force. At TEDIndia, he graphs global economic growth since 1858 and predicts the exact date that India and China will outstrip the US.
BORKED

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-01-06, 10:59 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiK5-oAae..."
Interesting video explaining the processes on living past the age of 100.

Quote:
To find the path to long life and health, Dan Buettner and team study the world's "Blue Zones," communities whose elders live with vim and vigor to record-setting age. At TEDxTC, he shares the 9 common diet and lifestyle habits that keep them spry past age 100.
BORKED

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-01-21, 11:00 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Interesting video explaining the..."
Amazing video.
BORKED

Anthony Atala's state-of-the-art lab grows human organs -- from muscles to blood vessels to bladders, and more. At TEDMED, he shows footage of his bio-engineers working with some of its sci-fi gizmos, including an oven-like bioreactor (preheat to 98.6 F) and a machine that "prints" human tissue.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-01-21, 11:24 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiK5-oAae..."
D3V said:
At TEDIndia, he graphs global economic growth since 1858 and predicts the exact date that India and China will outstrip the US
Lol, China.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-01-23, 09:00 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Amazing video. 7SfRgg9botI Anthony..."
I watched that a couple of days ago! It's incredible - to think it was hard to believe that medicine is that advanced today, let alone fifteen years ago.

My favourite method is the modded inkjet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2010-01-25, 09:23 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I watched that a couple of days ago!..."
haha yeah I enjoyed that as well. The fact that they can literally print out the layers of an organ and contruct it in that fashion is almost incomprehensible, but awesome! Watching that video has definitely sparked my interests in bio-engineering.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-02-02, 04:25 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I watched that a couple of days ago!..."
Brilliant video. If a prevention/prediction tool like this could become perfected, or close to possible life saving alterations to fighting diseases could be developed, all from this social-network type of program included on their website. Give it a watch.

BORKED

"When Jamie Heywood's brother was diagnosed with ALS, he devoted his life to fighting the disease as well. The Heywood brothers built an ingenious website where people share and track data on their illnesses -- and they discovered that the collective data had enormous power to comfort, explain and predict."

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-02-19, 04:09 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Brilliant video. If a..."
Everyone's favorite philantropist (sp?) Bill Gates!

"At TED2010 Bill Gates unveils his vision for the world's energy future, describing the need for "miracles" to avoid planetary catastrophe and explaining why he's backing a dramatically different type of nuclear reactor. The necessary goal? Zero carbon emissions globally by 2050."

BORKED

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-04-06, 02:07 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Everyone's favorite philantropist (sp?)..."
BORKED

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V