Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Jaguar lineman shot, Update.
Posted 2008-09-29, 02:24 PM
Well, finally and tragically there has been an update on the Jacksonville Jaguars' lineman that was shot September 2nd.

www.firstcoastnews.com

He was shot 14 times... This is pathetic. I seriously hope they can get more information on what really happened and bring the punk who did this to justice.

Quote:
JACKSONVILLE, FL -- For the first time since Jaguars lineman Richard Collier was shot early on the morning of September 2, there is information on his condition.

At a news conference this afternoon at Shands hospital, where Collier has been since the shooting, his doctor explained exactly what happened to Collier.

Dr. Andy Kerwin says that Collier has 14 identified bullet wounds, including 5 to his urinary bladder and 2 to his lower spine, one of which left him paralyzed from the waist down.

These were life-threatening injuries, and he developed a blood clot which required the amputation of his left leg above the knee.

"It is with my deepest regret that Collier's career with the NFL is over" said his agent Jeff Jankovich. "Now Richard has a very difficult journey ahead of him but he is up to the challenge. His spirits are positive and he has a lot of support from his family and friends. His family wanted to keep the situation under wraps so that Richard would be the first to know. Richard is a kind and generous man and now he needs our thoughts and prayers."

Collier also developed pneumonia while he was on a ventilator, which is not uncommon, and will need rehab to learn about using a wheelchair.

Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio also spoke, saying "It's a great tragedy for a young man to have such a bright future, at the top of the food chain, to have not only his career but his health taken away."

Some of Colliers teammates were at the news conference, too. "Knowing that he's alive meant a lot to us; we were terrified he might die," said fellow lineman Tony Pashos.

Lineman Uche Nwaneri added, "We're going to be there for him whenever he needs it."

Jankovich, talking about Collier's future, points out that he does have a degree in Communications, and "He's talking about owning some businesses, doing some coaching, he wants to do things in the community."

Dr. Kerwin says the family, while devastated upon first learning the news, is upbeat. He also adds that Collier being a professional athlete in good physical condition greatly helped him survive and heal.

Collier himself says he felt "extreme grief" when he learned his playing career is over, but now his spirits are much higher, and he is not on any life support equipment.

He is talking with family members, and says he has no memory of what happened that night.

There is no word on when he will be released from the hospital.

The investigation into the shooting is ongoing, and the reward now stands at $25,000 for anyone with information that could help police find out who is responsible. You can call Crime Stoppers if you know anything that can help. The number is 1-866-845-TIPS (8477).

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-09-29, 02:26 PM in reply to D3V's post "Jaguar lineman shot, Update."
Wow this is terrible... I feel bad for the guy.

Why can't he remember what happened? Trauma/Shock or Alcohol/Drugs?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-09-29, 02:48 PM in reply to D3V's post "Jaguar lineman shot, Update."
Dude that blows... did he instigate the shooting? How did it come about?

That still sucks.. a career cut short by some idiot with a gun. At least it wasn't fatal.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-09-29, 02:52 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Dude that blows... did he instigate the..."
Okay. Here's what i've heard before, but can't find a link for.

Basically Collier had beat up some guy in a night club around here about 3 weeks before he was shot. He claimed to have seen the same guy the night of his shooting at the club, and of course that night he was shot while they were waiting outside of some chickenheads house they had picked up from the club. (They being Collier and another former Jaguars player).

There isn't much more details, but the whole situation is very, very shady. It almost appears to be some sort of an ambush, who knows. I feel bad though, really.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V