Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post Xenogears
Posted 2003-06-11, 12:20 PM
Has anyone around here ever played Xenogears? Even though Xenosaga is made by Namco Xenogears was made by Square. You could tell too, it was being produced around the same time as FF7 and didn't get enough attention.

Anyways, have you played it? And if you have did you like it? I think it's one of the best games of all time. Once you get pretty far in the game it gets really deep. More deep than any game I've ever played. It's got to be one of the most underated games. Also the battle system is kool too. I liked doing deathblows and such. And then the gears were awesome. Also Bart is an awesome character. But enough about my opinion. What's yours?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Trepie is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTrepie is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Trepie

Posted 2003-06-11, 01:21 PM in reply to Trepie's post "Xenogears"
I could never find a copy of the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-06-11, 01:57 PM in reply to Trepie's post "Xenogears"
Xenogears = Awesome. It's definately in my top 10.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-06-11, 03:03 PM in reply to Trepie's post "Xenogears"
Everyone I know that's played it says its awsome, I just simply couldn't find a copy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-06-11, 06:24 PM in reply to Trepie's post "Xenogears"
Go for it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-06-12, 05:32 PM in reply to Trepie's post "Xenogears"
I didn't like the beginning of the second disk though. Too much story, not enough fighting. After that, though, it was great.

Haven't played it in a while though...

Fei, Bart, and Citan were my favorite characters.. anytime I could go out with that party, I did.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2003-06-12, 05:46 PM in reply to Trepie's post "Xenogears"
I refuse to pay 50 bucks for a PS1 game.

I'll just get it on e-bay.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-06-12, 06:41 PM in reply to Trepie's post "Xenogears"
Thats totally worth it. 50 is nothing. I remember back in the day when it was literally impossible to find, as well as FFT, they both went upwards of 100 on ebay. Man, those were the days.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

uncapped

Posted 2003-06-12, 06:58 PM in reply to Trepie's post "Xenogears"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=11056

Cheaper. Tada.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-06-12, 06:59 PM in reply to Trepie's post "Xenogears"
Bleh, used. Not even original casing. Oh well, to each his own.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

uncapped

Posted 2003-06-12, 07:33 PM in reply to Trepie's post "Xenogears"
Heck, I could probably find somewhere to get it for 50 cent from taco.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-06-12, 08:25 PM in reply to Trepie's post "Xenogears"
My favourite PS1 game. In fact, might even be my favourite console game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-06-13, 05:54 AM in reply to Trepie's post "Xenogears"
Yeah, I've really been meaning to track down a copy of this game lately. I hate using Ebay though, so I guess I'll just have to keep searching random bargain bins until I stumble across. it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-06-13, 10:02 AM in reply to Trepie's post "Xenogears"
There's a store down the road that probably has it. Gonzo's=leet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-06-13, 02:17 PM in reply to Trepie's post "Xenogears"
It's worth ever last cent for it. I bought it new for $50 and it was the last one. Very worth it. It's one of the best games ever.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Trepie is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTrepie is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Trepie